• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare |OT| Space Ghosts

xRaizen

I'll be happy if that's all it is, even though it stings me harder than most (had 1,000 keys and 12k salvage both saved up the normal way).

They should have gotten an inventory wipe.

Well, guess the next time something like this pops up, might as well exploit it until I get every variant if all they do is reset keys and salvage.

Kalentan

Really unsure what to spend my salvage on. I'm working towards an Epic and well I would love to get Flatline but I don't have the Legendary NV4 so I would need to spend a lot more salvage. My other two thoughts are the Ripper and the KBAR Epic. But I heard the Ripper isn't very good despite it being Epic but the Ripper is a variant of my favorite gun...

I do like the KBAR tho. But the epic model looks really similar to the base. The one thing I like about the Ripper is that it looks very different.

Also with the possible ACR leaked... Is it possible we will get it with DLC1?

One of my ballistic AR shows the weapon level at max, but I haven't unlocked the last attachment (hollow point) yet.

Under Personalize, it says at weapon lvl 14, I can enter weapon prestige mode - but its locked. Well, I have unlocked every attachment up to and including lvl 14, so shouldn't I be able to enter prestige?

It seems to be a small bug/oversight in the game. If you look at the actual progress bar for that weapon level it still may have a little bit further to go as even though you've reached lvl 14 you've got to complete the xp amount set for that level.

It's caught me out a few times.

Really unsure what to spend my salvage on. I'm working towards an Epic and well I would love to get Flatline but I don't have the Legendary NV4 so I would need to spend a lot more salvage. My other two thoughts are the Ripper and the KBAR Epic. But I heard the Ripper isn't very good despite it being Epic but the Ripper is a variant of my favorite gun...

I do like the KBAR tho. But the epic model looks really similar to the base. The one thing I like about the Ripper is that it looks very different.

The Invective is similar, but that one less shot to kill if you get a headshot is an amazingly powerful weapon. Not to mention it's not necessarily the headshot to kill that'll be noticed. If you aim for the upper-body, you'll land a headshot at least once in most battles, meaning you're universally looking at a shorter time to kill on that gun. It's one of my favorites. Once I started using it, I had all 160 headshots within around 20 games (and those were just killing blows). It's a very strong gun.

Still, I'd advise you wait to see what's coming in the next update, especially with DLC1 at the end of the month.

shanafan

It seems to be a small bug/oversight in the game. If you look at the actual progress bar for that weapon level it still may have a little bit further to go as even though you've reached lvl 14 you've got to complete the xp amount set for that level.

It's caught me out a few times.

Thanks. Where can I find the progress bar for the weapon?

shanafan

I think you view it on the weapon in 'Create a Class' and it's a circular progress bar surrounding the level number.

Ok, I'll check it out.

I noticed that it's harder to locate things as easily as prior titles. Without a combat record, it makes it a little more difficult.

I believe I can only check my level XP at the match summary screen.

bosseye

Bought this a week or so ago as it was £20 in Game, couple of friends bought it too, primarily so we could play zombies.....yeah, its been traded back in already.

I've only ever played CoD single player stuff before and have been picking them up to try when they're cheap. I haven't enjoyed a SP campaign in CoD for years, AW warfare was pretty bad, this one is no different; its so dull, so obvious. Predictable stuff goes bang, everyone is super cereal. Looked nice though, in a static sort of way.

The multi player doesn't suit me at all, first time I've ever really tried CoD MP. You seem to die instantaneously, it seems to come down to whichever player sees the opponent first, I spent most of the games I played spawning, seeing a vague flicker of movement and dying or just dropping dead then respawning. Maybe this is how CoD has always been, but I wouldn't know. So I'm not very good at CoD MP, this much is clear, but coming from BF where while you can get the drop on someone, if I meet someone else coming the other way I have at least a ghost of a chance to dodge and shoot back and come out on top as I've done a fair bit.

So I tried Zombies alone and with friends. Again, not keen. I was hoping for something slightly more akin to L4D I suppose, where the shooting felt great, visceral, aggressive, but this feels really wooden and stiff; sometimes you bang away at the zombies and they don't seem to register. Also not sure I like the single space map, presumably there will be more at some stage, but it didn't really hold my attention as much as I'd hoped.

Worth trying though suppose, if only to confirm CoD still isn't quite my thing.

Tarnpanzer

I'll be happy if that's all it is, even though it stings me harder than most (had 1,000 keys and 12k salvage both saved up the normal way).

Same with me, but only 18k salvage and no keys. If I would known this before, I would have bought some epics with it.

But all in all I am really glad they won´t reset my inventory. I will definitely never glitch again.

kuYuri

If you've ever liked semi-auto guns in the past, the Volk Goliath is a nice change of pace, since it's like having an entirely different gun rather than a Volk variant.

I'm also a fan of the R3KT, it's an easy weapon to use due to its accuracy and decent three shot potential.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

I'd wait. Ripper and Invective aren't that interesting. Ripper is a lil' bit faster in SMG mode, but has more recoil, so if you want to consistently engage at mid-range, the base weapon (or the one with stability) is better. Invective is just the KBAR-32 with Hollow Point built-in at the cost of some leg damage.

Is there a cap on salvage?

I'm fast approaching 9999. Does it go past that?

Yep. I've seen a guy with 80k (before the gitch, surprisingly. Lots of CoD points, I imagine.)

Same with me, but only 18k salvage and no keys. If I would known this before, I would have bought some epics with it.

But all in all I am really glad they won´t reset my inventory. I will definitely never glitch again.

I was able to get onto zombies briefly when the ban first went up. Should've spent my stuff...

Kalentan

The Invective is similar, but that one less shot to kill if you get a headshot is an amazingly powerful weapon. Not to mention it's not necessarily the headshot to kill that'll be noticed. If you aim for the upper-body, you'll land a headshot at least once in most battles, meaning you're universally looking at a shorter time to kill on that gun. It's one of my favorites. Once I started using it, I had all 160 headshots within around 20 games (and those were just killing blows). It's a very strong gun.

Still, I'd advise you wait to see what's coming in the next update, especially with DLC1 at the end of the month.

Hmm... I do like the sound of that.

If you've ever liked semi-auto guns in the past, the Volk Goliath is a nice change of pace, since it's like having an entirely different gun rather than a Volk variant.

I'm also a fan of the R3KT, it's an easy weapon to use due to its accuracy and decent three shot potential.

Funny enough, the Volk Goliath was the first Epic I got. From the intial Season Pass Chests.

I'd wait. Ripper and Invective aren't that interesting. Ripper is a lil' bit faster in SMG mode, but has more recoil, so if you want to consistently engage at mid-range, the base weapon (or the one with stability) is better. Invective is just the KBAR-32 with Hollow Point built-in at the cost of some leg damage.

I wonder what the chances we will get a KBAR and a RPR Evo second epic soon.

I wonder what the chances we will get a KBAR and a RPR Evo second epic soon.

The RPR already has the Ripper and Bosozuko. We're more likely to see a second Epic for the Erad if any of the SMGs are getting new items.

I'd hope for a KBAR variant that makes it a burst-fire rifle with auto-cycling, like that one gun from BO3. High rate of fire, low damage bursts for accurate shots at a range. It'd be an interesting role for a gun normally suited for close-mid range.

Kalentan

Apparently they just added in the last update...

Variants of the Variants, that can only be got from the loot boxes, and the only changes is that they give slightly more EXP per kill...

Patch notes for today's update:

https://charlieintel.com/2017/01/07...e-warfare-version-1-07-now-live-ps4-xbox-one/

General Fixes

Fix for the Mad Hax taunt in the Winners Circle

Allow players to change classes up with 5 seconds after prematch is completed

Fix for the Diamond, Solar, Slime, and Black Sky camos glowing when using the Type-2 akimbo in the left hand

Fix for various camos not applying correctly to the Epic Karma-45

Audio adjustments for louder impact sounds when being shot

Fix for an issue in MP split screen where one of the two players will load into the match without their Perks being shown

Fix for friendly players not appearing on the minimap when manually controlling the R-C8

Added a popup for the daily login bonus if you’re signed in while the bonus is given and also adding a sound when the daily login

Message of the Day is displayed

Private/custom matches are now “invite only”

Fixed an issue where disabling the Team

Assignment option would still require the player to select a team in a custom game

Fixed an issue where rewards for ranking up a

Mission Team in MP were appearing as a blank card in the After Action Report

When being killed by a De-Atomizer strike, players would see a blank icon in the killcam where they should see the last weapon they were killed by. This has been fixed.

Fixed an issue where a user would complete a challenge in the Victories Challenge section, but the XP for the challenge wouldn’t be shown in the XP Earned in the After Action Report

Fixed a bug where the High Score challenge wasn’t working properly

Allow for the loadout menu to scroll to the top when reaching the bottom of the menu

Adding popup when trying to equip a streak when all streaks are already full

Fixed a bug where the Steel Dragon would penetrate a player using Bull Charge

When using the Scarab, friendly names were not appearing. This has been fixed

Fixed for a bug where the player in first place would appear cloaked in the Winners Circle

Fixed a bug where in MP splitscreen, the health bar of the second player wouldn’t decrease during a killcam. This has been resolved

Fixed an issue where the stats of your last match were always followed by a 0 in the Performance tab. This has been fixed to remove the 0.

Audio adjustment for audio playing late during a cutscene during the Dark Quarry mission in SP

Various map exploit fixes

Adjustments to some bomb pickup locations so players don’t have to circle back

Fix for the Type-2 Butcher akimbo shotgun mode where the energy projectiles were reflecting

Fixed the collision with the clock face and bowling entrance corners for the Uplink drone on Throwback

PC:

Fix for players being able to receive text communications from another player that has been blocked

Fix for keyboard navigation being inverted while scrolling through the player list in public lobbies

Various adjustments for mouse sensitivity

Fixed a bug where a player would be unable to edit a primary and secondary weapon by using the mouse to click in Create a Class

Various security and anticheat updates

Fixed for a player not being able to dodge backwards using Rushdown while using a keyboard and mouse with default bindings

CODCASTER:

Moved objective status to top of the screen

Fixed an issue where killstreak iconography would overlap with UI

Size adjustments to minimap

Added the ability for the caster to back out of a CWL draft in-progress

Added the boost meter to the in-game HUD when casting

Increased character limit for Team Identity to 12

Allow for the host to not be set as a caster

Zombies in Spaceland

Various bug fixes

Select Epic weapons that weren’t working properly in Pack-A-Punch have been fixed

Xbox One/S:

Performance improvements while in splitscreen

Also added:

This update includes a brand new Mark II Collection weapons. These Mark II weapons give 15% XP Bonus for each kill. Players can find the Mark 2 Collection in the Quartermaster. All of these weapons can be unlocked via Supply Drops or Zombies Crates.

Alongside the new weapon collection, there are now new 100+ camos, — including country flag camos, animal camos, and more — accessories, calling cards, and more.

I haven't played in 2 weeks since being on vacation but I'm home and ready to jump back in.

Creaking

So they flooded the supply drops with more camos in revenge for the key exploit. Fantastic.

Some of them look lazy as hell too. Look at this

OEtfuI6.jpg

It's just part of a calling card stretched across the gun.

EDIT: Diluting the drop pool fucking destroys any reasonable chances of getting salvage for a VERY, VERY long time. Fuck this.

What the fuck was Activision thinking? Do they see the declining numbers for CoD and feel that just burning every single fucking bridge on their way out is going to be good for the long-term? Do they realize how awful this makes their fans feel for supporting this game?

They're not making YouTubers happy, either. It's one thing to annoy someone like Drift0r, who then proceeds to go... play another Call of Duty game and continue to drum up views. It's another entirely to alienate significantly larger viewerbases from YTers like PrestigeIsKey and chaosxsilencer. And I don't even like CXS.

I don't think ATVI is going to realize how badly they fucked up. It's too late to fix it now.

Christos

Oh wow the IW reddit is on fire with the new quartermaster update, can't say I blame them. This update will make me stop caring about the supply drops because this is getting ridiculous. Can't wait for the next update with MKIII weapons and 10000+ camos and emblems.

xRaizen

So they flooded the supply drops with more camos in revenge for the key exploit. Fantastic.

Some of them look lazy as hell too. Look at this

OEtfuI6.jpg

It's just part of a calling card stretched across the gun.
Holy shit how many camos did they add? I could swear there were only like 30-40 Quartermaster camos and now there's 123 in total??? The chances of ever getting anything good have now been reduced massively holy shit

shanafan

I don't see an issue. Adding more stuff in a game is pretty awesome.

I guess it sucks if you want to unlock everything, and adding in over 100 camos makes it almost impossible to do that.

hawk2025

Holy shit.

The probabilties should be conditional -- first they draw the chance of getting a gun or a camo, then the actual gun or camo. That would avoid dilluting the pool.

As it is, it's ridiculous.

I guess it sucks if you want to unlock everything, and adding in over 100 camos makes it almost impossible to do that.

It's not a matter of unlocking everything, just getting stuff that you actually want to use.

I bought $20 worth of boxes during the half off sale for Black Friday (when they were 100 points each), out of the 24 boxes, there were only three things I actually ended up using. A boxing gloves accessory, a makarov avatar, and a victory pose. I got one epic gun (a sniper which I never use), and a ton of other stuff that was useless to me (stuff for sights, camos for gun types I never use, a bunch of calling cards, etc)

Call of Duty has the worst value out of their lootboxes compared to a bunch of other games that do this, and it's only getting worse.

MrBlonde

A bunch of shit camos to make it harder to get the epic weapons I want that ill never get, unbelievable!!!!

It's already hard enough to get anything good unless u spend money and even then it's damn hard, spent $20 the other day and got one epic sniper rifle I'll never use. I'm so tired of this supply drop bullshit that games are doing now.

xRaizen

The camos themselves are very very lazy, they LITERALLY copy/pasted parts of emblems and titles onto guns.

And in reality it isn't just 100 camos, it's 100 per weapon CLASS so now you're looking at over 700 more camos in supply drops

Warablo

For example. I got a NV4 purple variant I have never had in my one free supply drop. So I wanted to see if I got the new MKII version that includes XP bonus. I didn't, so I could end up getting the very exact same gun with just a static camo and XP bonus, instead of a weapon I didn't have. Not to mention all the charms, camos, and calling cards to get in the way.

I should have got the new MK II version of the NV4 at least.

Hoodbury

Funny how you people complaining so hard about it are the ones spending actual money on the things. Why in the world are you paying money for supply drops when you get them for just playing the game? I'll never understand that.

Speaking of diluting the loot pool, spent my 30 hard earned keys from playing the game and got two duplicates guns :/

Creaking

Funny how you people complaining so hard about it are the ones spending actual money on the things. Why in the world are you paying money for supply drops when you get them for just playing the game? I'll never understand that.

Speaking of diluting the loot pool, spent my 30 hard earned keys from playing the game and got two duplicates guns :/

Yo, I've never spent a dime on Supply Drops.

Kalentan

Yeah it's really bullshit and we need someone from Infinity Ward to fucking talk. They were so good at it from the start but ever since the new year they've been super silent.

On a side note... I'm thinking the Goliath is not good. I'm trying it and unless you can get head shots constantly... A fucking ERAD can kill you faster from long range.

Oh wow the IW reddit is on fire with the new quartermaster update, can't say I blame them. This update will make me stop caring about the supply drops because this is getting ridiculous. Can't wait for the next update with MKIII weapons and 10000+ camos and emblems.

I wonder if they have an auto content generation that creates weapon skins via a computer algorithm yet. Just spit out 30,000 of them a week.

$20 is nothing compared to how long I would have to play to get 720 keys (although I guess I should've just exploited the key thing). I like opening boxes. The problems with the loot system become real noticeable when you're opening a ton of them at once.

Yeah it's really bullshit and we need someone from Infinity Ward to fucking talk. They were so good at it from the start but ever since the new year they've been super silent.

On a side note... I'm thinking the Goliath is not good. I'm trying it and unless you can get head shots constantly... A fucking ERAD can kill you faster from long range.

The M1 is a much more consistent and powerful weapon. 70 damage bodyshots. 2 shot kill up to extreme distances. With a suppressor it's going to be a 3-shot kill at longer ranges, but mid-long it'll still 2-shot people. With high caliber, I believe it's a 1-shot headshot up to medium ranges.

kuYuri

As long as I'm getting salvage from opening rare supply drops and am able to craft the variants that are craftable, I'll be fine.

It's not like I need a variant to have fun with the game or to dominate.

Not a single cent spent on my end for CoD Points.

Creaking

Unless this game seriously turns itself around, I think this is it for me and CoD for a few years. I almost wish I had gotten a full ban so I could just let go of this thing. There's only so much shit you can take as a consumer. Trusting Activision or Infinity Ward to be decent was a big mistake.

It had a good campaign though.

illamap

IDK why everyone cares so much of craftable guns. I think most do just fine without them. Yea some may be little bit better but there not so OP that they boost your k/d a lot forward. But of course i agree that things like leadeboards and synaptic hitboxes should be priority.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Just got around to finishing the single player. Not bad, not bad at all! Probably one of the better cod campaigns.

Graphics (PS4 Pro, 4K TV) were amazing. Some sick looking effects like the way they frosted glass and implemented heat distortion really add to the graphical quality. Further to this the character models were top notch.

Funny that the only thing that makes it feel dated are the controls. It just feels like another cod game which lets it down somehow.

Anyway, great work!

Tarnpanzer

They even torpedoing they new business-model namely "Supply Drops" with this patch. If the odds off getting an epic variant are even lower now, the percentage of people going to buy supply-drops in hopes of getting an epic variant is going down much lower too, so in the end:

1. Much less income from supply drop sales.

2. Much less income from future Call of Duty Games, cause no one will buy them anymore with all these shitty mechanics in place.

Top Bottom