• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare |OT| Space Ghosts

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I can agree with that. Happened with Black Ops 3 as well.

1 Zombie Map + 3 New Maps + 1 Remake Map.

Only Advanced Warfare had 1 Zombie Map + 4 New Maps.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if WW2 goes to

1 Zombie Map + 3 New Maps + 1 Remake Map

And the the Remake maps 'demake' the maps to be for WW2.

AW did have Skyrise, a High Rise remake, but that was only 1 DLC pack.

Switched from playing Hardpoint/Defender to HC Dom. Much easier to complete weapon camo challenges, but my K/D has dropped by like .1

95% of pubs are trash (always on my team of course), the rest are sweaty as hell

Hoodbury

Switched from playing Hardpoint/Defender to HC Dom. Much easier to complete weapon camo challenges, but my K/D has dropped by like .1

95% of pubs are trash (always on my team of course), the rest are sweaty as hell

Ya I might have to play some HC to get the SMG sliding kills done. That is a pain to do, I have like 5 total on all the smg's so far. Ugh.

kuYuri

Considering the size of the latest patch and how little was actually changed, they must have snuck in new weapon files. Looks like we're getting the Barrett .50 Cal equivalent and the Model 2187 soon.

Creaking

Considering the size of the latest patch and how little was actually changed, they must have snuck in new weapon files. Looks like we're getting the Barrett .50 Cal equivalent and the Model 2187 soon.

I'm thinking next Tuesday. If not, then the next one for absolute certain.

kuYuri

It's actually kind of crazy how good IW has been handling new weapons.

They continue to add new weapons and not lock them only behind RNG loot crates, all are earnable via fairly easy challenges or free to season pass holders in addition to the loot boxes. And there have been ZERO melee weapons added so far as well. (Edit: Correction, forgot about the axe. But it's only one melee weapon at least.)

Meanwhile, Treyarch just added the AK-74u and M1911 pistol, locked behind lootboxes, with plenty of melee weapons that all behave the exact same way but look different added previously.

It's kind of bullshit how CoD: IW and the developer get shitted on by ignorant people.

It's going to be such bad form now if WWII and other future CoDs add new weapons and only allow them to be unlocked via random boxes. IW has set THE standard as far as that goes.

Hell, even in BO2 and Ghosts before supply drops were a thing, you had to pay to get the new weapons (Peacekeeper and Ripper for example) that were added in those respective games. CoD: IW makes them truly free for the first time in the series.

MrBlonde

It's actually kind of crazy how good IW has been handling new weapons.

They continue to add new weapons and not lock them only behind RNG loot crates, all are earnable via fairly easy challenges or free to season pass holders in addition to the loot boxes. And there have been ZERO melee weapons added so far as well.

Meanwhile, Treyarch just added the AK-74u and M1911 pistol, locked behind lootboxes, with plenty of melee weapons that all behave the exact same way but look different added previously.

It's kind of bullshit how CoD: IW and the developer get shitted on by ignorant people.

It's going to be such bad form now if WWII and other future CoDs add new weapons and only allow them to be unlocked via random boxes. IW has set THE standard as far as that goes.

Hell, even in BO2 and Ghosts before supply drops were a thing, you had to pay to get the new weapons (Peacekeeper and Ripper for example) that were added in those respective games. CoD: IW makes them truly free for the first time in the series.

Agree, the way they do weapons if there needs to be supply drops is the right way to do it and people who complain are just idiots. I cant stand the way Black Ops 3 does it and if WW2 does it that way it will definitely turn me off.

Kalentan

I got a huge amount of keys in my daily login the other day and decided to go for the 225 Bundle...

Holy crap I'm happy I did!

I got 2 Epics!

I got the DMR-1 Spectacle and R-VN - Blowout!

I still use the R-VN often so to get the Epic is amazing! Can't wait to use it in MP and in Shuffle.

shanafan

Agree, the way they do weapons if there needs to be supply drops is the right way to do it and people who complain are just idiots. I cant stand the way Black Ops 3 does it and if WW2 does it that way it will definitely turn me off.

And those complainers just hang out at the Charlie Intel's comments section. Strange how the haters love to hang out at a place they hate..

kuYuri

You got your wish Kalentan. RVN got a buff to fire rate, but a reduced range to make up for it. One or the other had to be reduced to make up for it, otherwise it would start to become OP, which I predicted awhile back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Infinitewa...updates_and_patch_notes_from_infinity_ward_4/

General Fixes

• T.H.O.R.: Thunderclap adjustments: Narrowed the area at which each missile can automatically acquire a target. The target will need to be within the reticle for the missile to automatically seek the enemy out.

• Added counters to scorestreaks that fire tracking missiles. If the player is in Phase Shift, using Active Camo, or has Hardwired, these missiles will not track them. This pertains to all versions of the Trinity Rocket (except Warhead variant), AP-3X: Lockdown, T.H.O.R.: Thunderclap, and Shock Sentry: Catacomb missiles.

• Weapon Updates:

Auger – Fury: Spread now becomes increasingly tighter the longer you fire
Volk – Side to side recoil has been toned down slightly
RVN – Ranges have been slightly reduced, but fire time between bullets has been reduced as well
VPR – brought the shortest damage range in slightly
Trencher – Bumped some aim down sight sway values back towards SMG characteristics. Still should feel closer to ARs in this regard however
Titan – Adjusted the FOV on the Epic Scout’s default sight to provide a larger view and enhanced default zoom
HVR Gemini –Hip fire accuracy improved slightly
• Various map fixes

• Prep for upcoming weekly featured mode: R&R Moshpit (Search and Rescue/Reinforce)

In addition to that and mentioned before, latest patch also added new code for weapons and variants that are possibly coming down the line. New variants include:

- epic Volk that's converts it to a ballistic weapon (AK-47 anyone?).
- Nuke Erad
- Nuke RAW

New weapons include:
- Burst fire LMG with possibly an underbarrel smoke grenade launcher (Black Ops 3 48 Dredge?)
- Some sort of Magnum
- Sniper/Shotgun hybrid. I'm guessing they mean by holding down the switch weapon button, it becomes one or the other?
- Burst fire SMG with underbarrel grenade launcher (Advanced Warfare AMR9?)
- Another energy AR that is either semi auto or can fire charged shots.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Infinitewa..._weapons_6_new_variants_1_new_announcer_pack/

Creaking

Great, so they buffed two akimbo weapons and left all the rest out in the rain. Marvelous. Yippee.

Kalentan

You got your wish Kalentan. RVN got a buff to fire rate, but a reduced range to make up for it. One or the other had to be reduced to make up for it, otherwise it would start to become OP, which I predicted awhile back.

While the range reduction does suck, I appreciate the buff. I tried it out and I feel like I'm hitting the targets more often now. Which is sort of the point of the buff.

Creaking

It has been awhile since I left this game. Is there a list of all new weapons since launch? Desert Eagle perhaps :(?

No Deagle yet. There have been 7 new weapons so far.

R-VN: Rapid two round burst energy AR that can split apart into a one-hit-kill melee mode.

latest

UDM: Slower fully-auto ballistic handgun with longer range and good damage.

latest

Axe: Melee weapon that can be thrown and retrieved (supply drops only as of yet).

VPR: Double-barreled ballistic SMG that shoots two bullets at a time. Very rapid and quite strong. Was extremely overpowered for a little while.

latest

X-Eon: Energy AR with a special integrated sight. Very accurate and stable from the hip, but much faster when fired while aiming.

latest

Trencher: It's an MP-28. Strong ballistic SMG that is closer to an assault rifle in some of its stats. Longer 3-shot kill range than most SMGs, but damage falls off quick after that.

latest

Auger: Ballistic minigun LMG. Very strong and fast, but with some kick and a slow initial firing time.

latest

In addition, we're very likely to get two new weapons next week. A futuristic version of the Model 1887, and a break-action single round sniper rifle.

Also potentially in the pipeline.

kuYuri

Yep, no desert eagle right now. But one of the potential weapons down the line as linked above is a magnum pistol of some kind.

haozz

I know this post won't get much love in the OT but after uninstalling Infinite Warfare and realising I've played Black Ops 3 so much that I'm burnt out, I reinstalled IW.

Everything Wrong with Infinite Warfare

And in the same day I'm clearing that hard drive space again.

Your gameplay really shows how the game has become inaccessible or overwhelming for many people. I watched the first few minutes of the video. I can tell that you're using some sort of default control setup so that you can't aim and jump at the same time. Your team ends up getting pushed around because each time the spawn flips, everyone seems to jump on the flag instead of some of you getting some map control. In the gameplay, it seemed that you couldn't quite anticipate where the enemy would be coming from. The other team appears better, and they just kill your team while flying through the air.

Something about being killed by flying people seems to turn people off from the 3D movement CoDs. Getting smashed in the grounded CoDs doesn't seem to frustrate people as much even though the scorestreaks in BO2, MW2, etc. were extremely powerful, rewarding the top players with numerous free kills. I started playing CoD with Ghosts, and I was a complete noob, yet I persisted in playing. I don't know how I'd feel if I had started with BO3 or IW.

Najaf

It pisses me off when they do these crate discounts, but only for real world money. If its 50% off, that should be for keys and cod points. Its ridiculous. Such a shitty way to treat people who are not acting like COD is some free to play garbage.

Creaking

Yeah, the game has been pretty dry for over a month now, and forgoing a weekly hack/bundle for a COD-point only Rare crate discount (you can't even stockpile them) is not a good way to enthuse the player base.

Fortunately, it is veeery very likely that there's going to be a content update this Tuesday. Should have the Model 2187 and new break-actions sniper. Maybe new variants too. Also, they've said they're adding bounties, which are the same as weekly contracts, but for zombies. DLC 3 should be around the corner too for PS4 users. Probably July 4th or 11th.

the_big_country

Neo Member
Man, this game’s matchmaking has gotten bad. I played this game for the first time in a month or two yesterday, and my friends and I could only really play TDM. Kill Confirmed is a dead playlist after IW’s brilliant idea to merge it with Frontline, and even Dom lobbies were difficult to find and keep. The worst part is that lobbies don’t refill in this game, so when half the lobby has quit in 2 minutes after the first sign of resistance, you’re playing against 2-3 players for half of the match. Plus the party system is still unstable, with our party breaking up at least 4-5 times in one night.

kuYuri

Call of Duty Days of Summer event for Infinite Warfare (also MWR and BO3).

https://youtu.be/YmcQ2vDVxew

Includes:
- New loot and weekly loot giveaways.
- New characters including Reyes as Merc, Captain Price, and Ghost.
- DLC2 map Turista will be playable for all players for free until August 1st when the event ends.

large

Also, double everything is live. Double XP, double weapon XP, double keys, and double Mission Team XP.

If you're planning on playing HC, be aware there is a bug with the new Proteus weapon hipfire autoaim that makes it broken/OP. IW is aware and is working on a fix, but probably best to stay in core modes for the moment, unless having everyone in your lobby running with a weapon that can hipfire collateral entire groups across the map is your thing, then go for it, I guess.

kuYuri

If you're planning on playing HC, be aware there is a bug with the new Proteus weapon hipfire autoaim that makes it broken/OP. IW is aware and is working on a fix, but probably best to stay in core modes for the moment, unless having everyone in your lobby running with a weapon that can hipfire collateral entire groups across the map is your thing, then go for it, I guess.

Yeah, it's pretty hilarious. This thing is worse than the Javelin Glitch and Akimbo Model 1887 combined for hardcore mode. It was a great way to max out the weapon and complete some challenges though, heh.

kuYuri

I think Activision stopped giving a fuck when weed camo and bacon camo became a thing and started having a Snoop Dogg voice pack, while also throwing in Michael Myers and the Predator as streak rewards.

I know this post won't get much love in the OT but after uninstalling Infinite Warfare and realising I've played Black Ops 3 so much that I'm burnt out, I reinstalled IW.

Everything Wrong with Infinite Warfare

And in the same day I'm clearing that hard drive space again.

So glad I haven't played any of these games much since BLOPS2. All this running on walls, flying in the air is just awful.

Glad they're taking that shit out for WW2.

Roussow

Seen that this is on sale for like $20, might go pick it up. I primarily want to play that campaign, reckon I'll be able to dabble in a decent amount of multiplayer without grabbing the dlc?

kuYuri

Seen that this is on sale for like $20, might go pick it up. I primarily want to play that campaign, reckon I'll be able to dabble in a decent amount of multiplayer without grabbing the dlc?

Yep, it's a decent time to jump into MP right now since they are doing their Days of Summer event. There's double XP, double weapon XP, etc. which will help with your progression. Plus they are giving away free items the next few weeks by login in on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Also, one of the DLC maps is currently free for all players for the duration of the event.

If you were to get the season pass, it would be better mostly for getting all the weapons that have been given away from the season pass plus extra daily login bonuses and of course new maps.

Roussow

Yep, it's a decent time to jump into MP right now since they are doing their Days of Summer event. There's double XP, double weapon XP, etc. which will help with your progression. Plus they are giving away free items the next few weeks by login in on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Also, one of the DLC maps is currently free for all players for the duration of the event.

If you were to get the season pass, it would be better mostly for getting all the weapons that have been given away from the season pass plus extra daily login bonuses and of course new maps.

Oh that's pretty great timing.
I played Infinite Warfare once at a mates just briefly and couldn't get a handle on it, although it doesn't help that I'd been playing a lot of Titanfall 2 at the time. I probably didn't give Infinite Warfare enough credit, the movement felt bizarrely restrictive coming from Titanfall 2, I'm sure this game is its own beast though and I just need time to adapt. I'd like to get at least one Prestige cycle down before moving on to the bigger shooters this coming holiday, I never played MW3 or Ghosts so I'm curious to see how an Infinity Ward game feels after all this time.

kuYuri

Oh that's pretty great timing.
I played Infinite Warfare once at a mates just briefly and couldn't get a handle on it, although it doesn't help that I'd been playing a lot of Titanfall 2 at the time. I probably didn't give Infinite Warfare enough credit, the movement felt bizarrely restrictive coming from Titanfall 2, I'm sure this game is its own beast though and I just need time to adapt. I'd like to get at least one Prestige cycle down before moving on to the bigger shooters this coming holiday, I never played MW3 or Ghosts so I'm curious to see how an Infinity Ward game feels after all this time.

The game feels very Black Ops 3 if you played that, but with some differences. Coming from Titanfall, the movement will definitely feel lesser, I can agree with that. Titanfall definitely nails that aspect better. Like any game, it's just something you would have to get used to.

RoKKeR

Just finished the campaign in this game, wow... Best CoD campaign in many many years, well done IW.

I want an Infinite Warfare 2 with
Salt as the lead character.
In 3 years time after WW2 and maybe (?) a historical Black Ops 4, a return to the future will be welcome.

It's so sad this games player retention is this bad. I love how it approaches the loot box stuff so much, I think it does it better than any other game since it throws hacks at you to get the loot you want so often. Plus the free guns and all the events... it's just a shame BO3 plays so much better, and it kills me that I play it more because I hate it's boxes so much. This game isn't terrible, but when you have so many alternatives... it must suck since they're really trying to give a shit this time. Too bad the game isn't up to scuff.

Roussow

Whoa, this campaign is bloody fantastic so far, I've probably got a few hours left to go, I'll write something a bit more elaborate when I finish it, but so far I'm glad they've really elaborated on a lot of the more ambitious Black Ops 3 ideas in a way that's a lot more enjoyable to play.

I haven't played zombies until recently with the added contracts and double xp/keys. It's surprisingly fun. I did not like BO3 zombies at all and haven't been interested in the game mode since BO1. But this is great. Shame that the other maps are tied to the respective map packs because I really wan't to play Rave in the Redwoods.

Hip Hop

Guys,

I just got this game last week.

I have no idea on what these supply keys or drops do or are, compared to Black Ops 3.

Is it easy to get the good weapons? What do I get or save up for? or is it basically P2W?

Guys,

I just got this game last week.

I have no idea on what these supply keys or drops do or are, compared to Black Ops 3.

Is it easy to get the good weapons? What do I get or save up for? or is it basically P2W?

The key/supply drop system is the same as in BO3, only here you have salvage which let's you craft weapon variants. The added weapons are pretty good but not P2W. And there are challenges to unlock them, so you don't need to rely on supply drops.

Top Bottom