• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Hype/News/Info Thread (PC Dedicated Servers)

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Initially, i was hyped for this game. Excited to play with some of my main buds again... but after reading a few pages of this it looks like my biggest issues with MW2 are still bugged.

1. Scavenger still gives you tubes. I understand that it "makes more sense" to pick up tube ammo from someone who had a tube equipped, but dude... it still breaks the damn game. Allowing anyone more than 2 in a life is a game breaker.

2. Quickscoping. Lololololol, you snuck up behind me and actually caught me offguard! I'll use my 10 sensitivity to turn instantly and use a broken game mechanic to best you. Sorry, noob!
:mad:

Radec

Matts Legacy said:
Heads up in case you didn't hear again. No Prestige Edition This Year.

Robert Bowling@ @whipidhinio The Hardened Edition of #MW3 will be the only collectors edition available this year.

https://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo

Im happy about this. Hardened Edition is great enough.

I might jump to this.

kuYuri

dmg04 said:
1. Scavenger still gives you tubes. I understand that it "makes more sense" to pick up tube ammo from someone who had a tube equipped, but dude... it still breaks the damn game. Allowing anyone more than 2 in a life is a game breaker.

It's not as bad since explosives deal less damage compared to MW2 and there's Blast Shield perk for even less damage. The time it takes to kill someone with a grenade launcher was time you could have spent shooting them with bullets instead.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Strider2K99 said:
It's not as bad since explosives deal less damage compared to MW2 and there's Blast Shield perk for even less damage. The time it takes to kill someone with a grenade launcher was time you could have spent shooting them with bullets instead.
Still kills it for me, in the sense that every single class i have will have a perk slot filled with Blast Shield, you know?

Radec

lol @ noob tube + scavenger.

What if 50%-80% of the players in the game has this setup. It is still like the OMA trick!

Xux

OMA was total non-issue; without Danger Close it'd've been perfectly fine with a different Pro upgrade.

Xux said:
OMA was total non-issue; without Danger Close it'd've been perfectly fine with a different Pro upgrade.

Yup, that coupled with the lower explosive damage across the board in this game seems like it will be fine.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Lionheart1827 said:
Yup, that coupled with the lower explosive damage across the board in this game seems like it will be fine.
OMA should have been a 1 time use sort of thing. Period.

Keep the perks you had, obtain either more ammo or different weapons.

Mengetsu

dmg04 said:
Initially, i was hyped for this game. Excited to play with some of my main buds again... but after reading a few pages of this it looks like my biggest issues with MW2 are still bugged.

2. Quickscoping. Lololololol, you snuck up behind me and actually caught me offguard! I'll use my 10 sensitivity to turn instantly and use a broken game mechanic to best you. Sorry, noob!

This is all that bothers me!!! I swear you shouldn't even be able to mess with the sensitivity cause no man is that fast in real life :mad:

@NuckFuggets Its been balanced more, so it will resupply bullets no matter what, but only M203 rounds if the pack you pick up had them.

Regarding scavenger and noob tubes

Matts Legacy said:
[/B]

This is all that bothers me!!! I swear you shouldn't even be able to mess with the sensitivity cause no man is that fast in real life :mad:

No man can run insanely fast while carrying a .50cal sniper rifle in real life either. It's a video game

Mengetsu

The Xtortionist said:
No man can run insanely fast while carrying a .50cal sniper rifle in real life either. It's a video game

Lol yea i know but it still doesn't make me like it anymore then I do now :/

nomis

dmg04 said:

If you sneak up behind someone while holding a 2-3 bullet per kill gun and you let them spin around and "quick scope" you, even if they were on 10 sensitivity, you didn't deserve to get the kill because you had to have emptied and missed with a decent part of your clip before dying.

dmg04 said:

Snipers are way too powerful in this game. They rule the long distance game and close to mid range they can quick/no scope.
LLShC.gif

I've been playing a lot of CoD4 for the past couple of months, and yesterday a friend gave me MW2, which I haven't played for about a year (I used to play it a ton, but I eventually sold it). Within 5 games I decided I was going to give the game back, as every game was full of noobtubers and campers, and the sky was always full of helicopters, airdrops, etc.

I hated every second, and it made me realise just how much balancing work MW3 has to do to in order to rival CoD4.

Rainy Dog

Xux said:

I honestly don't see how this can keep the automatics balanced and varied unless it's only for sniper rifles. Snipers needed SP before for one hit kills from the waist up, so it makes sense for them to increase the damage to make sure bolt actions at least are OHK's to the upper body/head.

But there's always been a handful of AR's and SMG's that are 40-30 damage without SP, which is a 3-4 bullet kill. To increase that would just make semi-auto/single-shot weapons (presuming there's going to be any), and even the hardcore mode damage model, almost redundant. What can they increase the damage to? 50-35? That's 2 bullets to kill at close to medium range for an automatic AR. At least with SP as a perk you had to sacrifice another perk if you wanted that much firepower.

I simpy can't see there being enough weapon variety if they increase the damage output of automatics. One of the things I really appreciated in COD4 and MW2 was that nearly all the guns were distinct and had their own handling characteristics. The Vector at 25-20 damage at 1000rpm and minor recoil versus the TAR at 40-30 with greater recoil and a lower RPM, for example. I just don't see how they can repeat that balance and variety if they bump the top end of the damage scale any further up. It's tight enough as it is.

Dabanton

omnomis said:
If you sneak up behind someone while holding a 2-3 bullet per kill gun and you let them spin around and "quick scope" you, even if they were on 10 sensitivity, you didn't deserve to get the kill because you had to have emptied and missed with a decent part of your clip before dying.

Or been trying to be too slick and knife them. :D

Dabanton

Bread said:
Keep fighting the good fight, cuevas. Sadly, most CoD players (on consoles at least) nowadays haven't even played CoD2. It's a shame that such a perfectly balanced game is so overlooked.

?

CoD2 was what started the CoD console train running it was the best Xbox 360 launch game and switched a lot of people onto the franchise as it was always used on the demo pods. Then CoD3 built on that and then MW turned up and the rest they say is history.

itsgreen

Matts Legacy said:
[/B]

Yeah exactly...

I get so insanely frustrated when I get quickscoped because I can't do anything against that broken crap.

'You can't run fast with a 50 cal either, it's a videogame', well true, but that makes more sense than completely change how the weapon is used.

It might be the reason why after MW1, WAW, MW2, CODBLOPS I'll jump ship and move to BF3 this season, and wait for the superior Treyarch game that fixes quickscoping.

itsgreen

Angry Fork said:
Can someone tell me why noob tubes are in these games to begin with?

Well it's a valid option, I can't understand the hate... if it bothers you that much use a flakjacket, et voila: you nerfed the noob tube

But instead everybody focusses on their own max performance and chooses a more offensive perk and cries about noob tubes...

itsgreen said:
Yeah exactly...

I get so insanely frustrated when I get quickscoped because I can't do anything against that broken crap.

'You can't run fast with a 50 cal either, it's a videogame', well true, but that makes more sense than completely change how the weapon is used.

It might be the reason why after MW1, WAW, MW2, CODBLOPS I'll jump ship and move to BF3 this season, and wait for the superior Treyarch game that fixes quickscoping.

Played a little MW2 last night, and the other team had nothing but Interventions. All top-notch quickscoping. Its about the least amount of fun one can have. Stopped playing immediately.

I know its often debated whats "broken" or not. I think it's really easy to determine. What do you see being used more often than anything else? That's whats powerful. What do you see being used every single game by multiple people? That's whats broken.

Angry Fork

itsgreen said:
Well it's a valid option, I can't understand the hate... if it bothers you that much use a flakjacket, et voila: you nerfed the noob tube

But instead everybody focusses on their own max performance and chooses a more offensive perk and cries about noob tubes...
Why are noob tubes necessary though? Why bother with the flak jacket, balance etc. when you can just take them out?

If the game had tanks in MP that you had to take out then I could see the use but why on normal players? Machine guns, sniper rifles and grenades aren't enough? Noob tubes are only used as an abusive crutch and nothing more, they don't belong in these games and are only there to appease bad players. Is there any other reason?

Card Boy

Banned
Angry Fork said:
Can someone tell me why noob tubes are in these games to begin with?
Good thing on Black Ops PC alot of servers auto-ban the moment you noob tube, blastic knife or use Chopper Gunner/Gunship.

Effect

Gez said:
Good thing on Black Ops PC alot of servers auto-ban the moment you noob tube, blastic knife or use Chopper Gunner/Gunship.

I love this about having server rules. I admit I use the grenade launcher myself. It's a valid weapon and it's in the game. It's fun and it's helpful if someone is camping area and I'm sick and tired of dying by them or seeing my team die. It's extremely helpful in protecting a flag in domination. Being on the end of them is no more annoying then being killed by a sniper on the other side of the map, having someone running what seems like non-stop at me just to knife me, or being killed by rocket, etc. Though I've been using the crossbow more and more and that's been pretty interesting.

No chopper/gunship kill streak servers are my favorite but usually fun from what I've found. Makes things a lot more interesting and fair I feel.

I'm not looking forward to MW3 all that much at the moment after finally playing MW1 and MW2. I really would love to know how IW thought some of the decisions in MW2 were good or even remotely fair. The setup of MW3 doesn't make me feel any better overall. I'd be there for the single player but not so much the multiplayer at the moment until some player reviews/feedback are out.

itsgreen

Angry Fork said:
Why are noob tubes necessary though? Why bother with the flak jacket, balance etc. when you can just take them out?

If the game had tanks in MP that you had to take out then I could see the use but why on normal players? Machine guns, sniper rifles and grenades aren't enough? Noob tubes are only used as an abusive crutch and nothing more, they don't belong in these games and are only there to appease bad players. Is there any other reason?

Well in general they are quite handy to remove someone from a superior position on the map or remove a sniper from somewhere...

Radec said:

What if 50%-80% of the players in the game has this setup. It is still like the OMA trick!

Not really. With OMA you just camped away somewhere and infinitely refilled your supply of DC enhanced noob tubes.

With Scavenger you not only have to move out and retrieve the packs, you also have to hope the person you killed had noob tubes themselves.

itsgreen

Effect said:
I love this about having server rules. I admit I use the grenade launcher myself. It's a valid weapon and it's in the game. It's fun and it's helpful if someone is camping area and I'm sick and tired of dying by them or seeing my team die. It's extremely helpful in protecting a flag in domination. Being on the end of them is no more annoying then being killed by a sniper on the other side of the map, having someone running what seems like non-stop at me just to knife me, or being killed by rocket, etc. Though I've been using the crossbow more and more and that's been pretty interesting.

No chopper/gunship kill streak servers are my favorite but usually fun from what I've found. Makes things a lot more interesting and fair I feel.

I'm not looking forward to MW3 all that much at the moment after finally playing MW1 and MW2. I really would love to know how IW thought some of the decisions in MW2 were good or even remotely fair. The setup of MW3 doesn't make me feel any better overall. I'd be there for the single player but not so much the multiplayer at the moment until some player reviews/feedback are out.

Well what I don't understand is why they removed all the 'overpowered' stuff you could counter against, but left in the quickscoping, something you can't do shit against.

TheApatheticOne said:
Played a little MW2 last night, and the other team had nothing but Interventions. All top-notch quickscoping. Its about the least amount of fun one can have. Stopped playing immediately.

I know its often debated whats "broken" or not. I think it's really easy to determine. What do you see being used more often than anything else? That's whats powerful. What do you see being used every single game by multiple people? That's whats broken.

Agreed. Looks like they've addressed the majority of my issues with COd:MW2 except one of the biggest ones. Really disappointing they left it in.

jgminto

I am a bit disappointed with the exclusion of OMA in MW3. While I do see the obvious problems with the class in MW2, it would have been preferable if it was balanced instead, maybe standard is change to other classes only and PRO is change to sae class but tubes and grenades/claymores don't get replaced. I am going to miss my Silenced TAR/ACR w/ OMA Pro, Cold-blooded Pro and Ninja Pro hub class.

itsgreen said:
Well what I don't understand is why they removed all the 'overpowered' stuff you could counter against, but left in the quickscoping, something you can't do shit against.
An AR is quite a good counter.

Dabanton said:
?

CoD2 was what started the CoD console train running it was the best Xbox 360 launch game and switched a lot of people onto the franchise as it was always used on the demo pods. Then CoD3 built on that and then MW turned up and the rest they say is history.

What? Most people playing CoD today got started with MW. Go into a random lobby and you won't see anyone with cod2/3 in their games.

Bumblebeetuna said:
Not really. With OMA you just camped away somewhere and infinitely refilled your supply of DC enhanced noob tubes.

With Scavenger you not only have to move out and retrieve the packs, you also have to hope the person you killed had noob tubes themselves.

It doesn't matter what the other person had. Each blue bag with scavenger will give you ammo, one granade for the noob tube and one flash, stun, smoke..etc granade.

Radec said:

It is nothing like OMA. The only way it will be effective is if EVERYONE is using Tubes/no one else with scavenger but not rolling tubes runs over the pack first.

There are plenty of variables to make it inconsistent to be completely relied upon.

no angel

My experience with the multiplayer is that tubes are way less effective than they were in mw2. It felt like they'd also toned down the splash damage quite a bit.

Everything I hear about this game is just awesome. Sway and increased recoil are going to be nuts (sorry MW2/Blops kids). Game should be a lot more competitive this time around.

Sealda

Banned
For a 2+ KDR player like me the biggest problem with every COD was the impossible to defend tricks such as OMA, triple grenade etc. . I never ever felt injustice when killed by a sniper. I mean, if someone quickscoped me i thought that it was acceptable because quick scoping actually takes some serious skills if you want to get good scores.

There is nothing worse than being 5 meter from scoring in CTF, 1 kill from a Pavelow or Nuke etc. then you get noob tubed or killed by someone spawning behind you.

Sealda said:
For a 2+ KDR player like me the biggest problem with every COD was the impossible to defend tricks such as OMA, triple grenade etc. .

OMA is outta here, among other things.

Question: Do stuns/flashes count as explosive damage for Recon?

Dennis

Banned
Clairvoyance said:
Either you're joking or delusional. I can't really tell.
Not at all, I just don't think MW3 has reached anything near the hype levels that we got with MW and MW2 at the same time for them.

Also, I hope they aren't so negative on BLOPs that everything from that game gets ditched. The SP was excellent.

Top Bottom