• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Hype/News/Info Thread (PC Dedicated Servers)

Dennis

Banned
_Alkaline_ said:
Yeah, GAF has always been totally representitive of reality.
eh, big games tend to be big on GAF also.

The difference with GAF is more that obscure Japanese games get a lot more airtime on GAF than elsewhere.

Card Boy

Banned
DennisK4 said:
Not at all, I just don't think MW3 has reached anything near the hype levels that we got with MW2 and MW3 at the same time for them.
I think Black Ops had barely any hype but had heaps of buzz close to release. It was crazy here in retail here in Aus last year.

BF3 has a lot of high level stuff to talk about with Frostbite 3, etc...

MW3's changes are subtle in nature, things like specific perks and killstreaks, proficiencies, recoil and sway coming back etc... Probably not what the average player cares to discuss in-depth. Still important changes, and I'm down for theorycraft (theory of duty?) anytime.

hamchan

DennisK4 said:
I am surprised this isn't a 50+ page thread.

Guess Battlefield 3 really is about to take over....

With the "hardcore" GAF type people sure, I think BF3 will sell more than MW3. They don't make up that large a group though. MW3 will still sell 20 million+, BF3 10-15 million is what i'd bet on.

Cubituss

Neo Member
You are aware that CoD:BO sold most of the whole series being seriously underhyped, while Modern Warfare is a much stronger brand? I love both BF and CoD but in a realistic view I see CoD outselling BF 30m to 5m (with 5m during the Autumn of Hits That Are Too Many And Thus Some Must Fail being a very solid sale). It's David and Goliath, not Klitschko vs Klitschko.

Dabanton

DennisK4 said:
Not at all, I just don't think MW3 has reached anything near the hype levels that we got with MW and MW2 at the same time for them.

Also, I hope they aren't so negative on BLOPs that everything from that game gets ditched. The SP was excellent.

Well the XP event was pretty busy on here and we saw multiple threads on the game so the interest is there just split up.

CoD is one of those games that people will 'hate' all year but in the week leading up to it once all the media and adverts kick in they suddenly re-find their love for the game.

Cubituss

Neo Member
As for myself, I truly hope that the amount of story nonsense will be significantly smaller than what MW2 threw at me. Still loved the campaign (gameplay-wise), finished it on normal/veteran but needed to switch my brains off temporarily.

BTW important thing - did anyone from IW talk about infinite respawns in single player? As far as I remember MW2 was the only CoD to not feature any and I REALLY hate infinite respawns.

Sealda said:
For a 2+ KDR player like me the biggest problem with every COD was the impossible to defend tricks such as OMA, triple grenade etc. . I never ever felt injustice when killed by a sniper. I mean, if someone quickscoped me i thought that it was acceptable because quick scoping actually takes some serious skills if you want to get good scores.

There is nothing worse than being 5 meter from scoring in CTF, 1 kill from a Pavelow or Nuke etc. then you get noob tubed or killed by someone spawning behind you.

I do. Quick scoping is garbage and snipers are given too much grace. I've seen countless replays where they sniper takes a shot and it misses the player by at least a foot and are still awarded with a kill. The bane of my existence in MW3:knifers, OMA tubers, quick scopers.

maximum360 said:
I do. Quick scoping is garbage and snipers are given too much grace. I've seen countless replays where they sniper takes a shot and it misses the player by at least a foot and are still awarded with a kill. The bane of my existence in MW3:knifers, OMA tubers, quick scopers.

I agree.

Frillen

DennisK4 said:
eh, big games tend to be big on GAF also.

The difference with GAF is more that obscure Japanese games get a lot more airtime on GAF than elsewhere.

MW3 is is going to massively outsell BF3.

Enosh

Xux said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Z80aSuv0k&feature=player_detailpage#t=25s

Destroying air support counts towards your point streak. There's a video where someone knifes a SAM turret and gets a point, too, but I can't find it right now.

Talk about an incentive to shoot down choppers.
people still won't do it ^^

you can put a real life 20$ per shot down air support and people still won't do it, it's like camping, you can try to kill it in any way possible, people will still do it

Effect

maximum360 said:

I really hate seeing this in videos and kill cams. I can understand aim assist but it's to much sometimes. I see that in BO sometimes as well. Still the more I read about MW3 the less and less I want to bother with it when it comes to mulitplayer. I guess it will be a long time before it's low enough in price so I can just buy it for the SP. Might have to try and rent it. I don't doubt it will do well but I'm just not liking how IW designs things.

maximum360 said:

Agree on all counts.

Enosh said:
people still won't do it ^^

you can put a real life 20$ per shot down air support and people still won't do it, it's like camping, you can try to kill it in any way possible, people will still do it
What? I see people shooting shit down every match. Gotta get that ghost pro, bro.

Effect

I wonder if it's a difference between the games. I see people shooting down things in Black Ops all the time on both the Wii and PC version. I rarely see anyone shooting anything down on the PC version of MW1 and MW2. In both it's kinda hard I think since you die so quickly and it takes several shots which shouldn't be the case. To many kills gain from air kill streaks in those games. Safer to simply stay in side until the chopper leaves.

strafer

Cristina from Lacuna Coil plays MW3.

Hawt.

313997_10150280686856706_101367981705_8102091_1965519554_n.jpg

popeutlal

Now I'm sad this game is coming out so soon. I finally just got good at Black Ops...I've been getting the copper gunner pretty regularly and my kd went from 1.22 to 1.26. in three last month.

Now I'll need to re-learn this new game before I start to beast again :(

LQX

momolicious said:
Why is there no PC footage or images of the game?
Going by every other COD released it will most likely look much better than the console versions. I would worry more about if it will be as buggy as BLOPS originally was.

Magic Ovaries said:
Now I'm sad this game is coming out so soon. I finally just got good at Black Ops...I've been getting the copper gunner pretty regularly and my kd went from 1.22 to 1.26. in three last month.

Call of Duty doesn't really require re-learning.

Xanadu

Banned
LQX said:
Going by every other COD released it will most likely look much better than the console versions. I would worry more about if it will be as buggy as BLOPS originally was.
i disagree, with the PC versions higher resolution you notice just how terrible the skyboxes are in CoD games

Magic Ovaries said:
Nahh Treyarch and IW COD games are vastly different.
Of course they are
insert IW superiority here
, but they don't require any re-learning of anything except maybe the button for claymores and the new maps.

Effect

Magic Ovaries said:

Or you could just keep playing Black Ops. Plenty of people still play MW1, MW2, and I assume WaW even though Black Ops is out.

LQX

Xanadu said:
i disagree, with the PC versions higher resolution you notice just how terrible the skyboxes are in CoD games
Heh, I have always thought COD titles were some of the best looking games on PC. BLOPS was the only one that disappointed me in that it seemingly took a step back from MW2 but past COD games have always look great in spite of how old the engine is.

lol the fact that there is so little discussion here is kind of a testament to how routine call of duty has become. I'm not even dissing it, I'm likely getting this one to check it out like I've said before.

But there really isn't anything discuss. Everyone knows what to expect, how it's gonna be like for the most part, etc....

-Pyromaniac- said:
lol the fact that there is so little discussion here is kind of a testament to how routine call of duty has become. I'm not even dissing it, I'm likely getting this one to check it out like I've said before.

But there really isn't anything discuss. Everyone knows what to expect, how it's gonna be like for the most part, etc....
There's no new videos, details, betas, etc. Just wait til we start getting more info and this thread is going to blow up.

-Pyromaniac- said:

Nice job on the flamebait.

But I would attribute that more to their being nothing revealed recently. This is a NEWS thread, not a general chatter thread.

nomis

maximum360 said:

Spoiler Alert: KillCams are often an inaccurate representation of events, with ALL guns.

Card Boy

Banned
Am i the only one that hopes this game has a Nuketown/Shooting Range/Killhouse/Rust/Shipment/Dome equivalent? I love small maps.

kuYuri

Gez said:
Am i the only one that hopes this game has a Nuketown/Shooting Range/Rust/Shipment/Dome equivalent? I love small maps.

It's pretty much obvious at this point (now with 4 games) that there will be a small map equivalent.

Gez said:
Am i the only one that hopes this game has a Nuketown/Shooting Range/Killhouse/Rust/Shipment/Dome equivalent? I love small maps.

I do as long as the spawn system isn't a total mess. The spawning on Rust was completely fucked, which is incredible because it was nowhere near that bad on Shipment. Shipment was about 25% smaller.

Enosh

cuevas said:
What? I see people shooting shit down every match. Gotta get that ghost pro, bro.
you seem to have more luck with people than I do
I am talking about MW2 mostly, don't have BO, so maybe players there are diffrent

Xux

Gez said:

I hate small maps. Anything smaller than Grid or maybe WMD is too small.

Enosh said:
you seem to have more luck with people than I do
I am talking about MW2 mostly, don't have BO, so maybe players there are diffrent

Typically it seems that people on my team won't shoot down air support but people on the other team will.

omnomis said:
Spoiler Alert: KillCams are often an inaccurate representation of events, with ALL guns.

this. I have had a few people accuse me of hacking because the killcam made it look like i was firing and reloading at the same.

The only purpose of killcams is to show where the dude was that killed you. The actual scene of events is never meant to be a 100% recreation.

Top Bottom