• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: [R E F L E X] (Wii) Screens

fizzelopeguss said:
Rather than create new assets they've just nuked the texture resolution and ripped chunks of polygons off the characters and environs.
My guess is that they ran some kind of script over the game assets which automatically reduces the resolution of every single texture and the polygon count of every single model to like 10% of the original fidelity. It's probably called Wii_Version.bat or something. :p

After that, they probably loaded the entire thing into a shoter game engine which was ported from PS2 in like three days.

Those shots are even worse than my lowest expectations... Seriously, what excuse could they use for such a horrible visual quality??!

Vorador

Banned
efa4052a.gif

I don't know how they managed to make it look far worse than COD 2 on the cube but they did. What a mess.

ksamedi

Looks pretty good actually. Definitly advised for people who didn't get to play it on other platforms. Its a pretty neat game. I wonder how they implemented the online component.

RJT

Hi hate it when people say wii screens look like PS1 games. Do you fucking remember PS1 games? 3d was horrible, and most stuff wasn't even done real-time! Jeezus!

[Nintex]

Yuji Naka must be pretty pissed that they're using the NiGHTS engine, this'll probably end the same way as Sonic X-Treme

GC|Simon

Let's wait for videos. The Wii version of World at War looks on screens also like shit but in movement the graphics are quite nice.

StuBurns

Banned
Looks like dog shit. How do you fuck up this after all this time? Had it been MW2, fair enough. The Wii is capable of so much more.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I remember playing much better looking stuff on the OG Xbox. For reference GR2

tom-clancys-ghost-recon-2-20040512102539854_640w.jpg

What a shame IW.

In such a situation I feel helpless, because I don't know how to show those developers in that they're doing it wrong. So frustrating that it's going to sell anyway.

No kidding, such games are killing the very rest of positive attitude that coregamers have towards the wii....

Teknoman

Frencherman said:
In such a situation I feel helpless, because I don't know how to show those developers in that they're doing it wrong. So frustrating that it's going to sell anyway.

No kidding, such games are killing the very rest of positive attitude that coregamers have towards the wii....

My thoughts exactly.

Luigiv

big_z said:
can someone with the pc version run it at the lowes res possible with all the effects turned off or lowest settings? just wondering how it compares.
Inspired by yesterday's DMC4 "PSP version" thread aye? :lol

Frencherman said:

I sort of hinted at that in the original Wii thread when the game was annouced. Like I said I'll wait for a final judgment to see it in motion but it's hard to recommend that anybody buy the game in the current state. Unlike a lot of GAF boycotts this is one I could actually get behind because that just looks absolutely lazy from those screens. Better not to bring it over in that instance.

I am legit curious to see it in motion though. My brain says it must be butter smooth if it looks like that but a small part of my brain that wants the lulz wonders if it runs as bad as it looks.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Probably shouldnt have released these on the day we've been drooling over some of the PS3's best first party titles.

MarkusRJR

Stoney Mason said:
I sort of hinted at that in the original Wii thread when the game was annouced. Like I said I'll wait for a final judgment to see it in motion but it's hard to recommend that anybody buy the game in the current state. Unlike a lot of GAF boycotts this is one I could actually get behind because that just looks absolutely lazy from those screens. Better not to bring it over in that instance.

I am legit curious to see it in motion though. My brain says it must be butter smooth if it looks like that but a small part of my brain that wants the lulz wonders if it runs as bad as it looks.
World at War on Wii ran terribly with loads of framerate drops. Maybe they thought it'd be better to make it look WORSE than World at War but at a higher framerate?

If this isn't running at a stable 30fps or better, I'm not buying this shit. It's fucking embarrassing on their part.

Yaceka said:
World at War on Wii ran terribly with loads of framerate drops. Maybe they thought it'd be better to make it look WORSE than World at War but at a higher framerate?

If this isn't running at a stable 30fps or better, I'm not buying this shit. It's fucking embarrassing on their part.

Even 30fps would be inacceptacle for such a mess...

OnPoint

Stoney Mason said:

Would it be a boycott if nobody was intending to buy it in the first place?

Agalloch

Hei really?
generic fps are better on hd ?
But i don't like the genre, expecially with a gamepad,
one time i try Timesplitters 2 on gamecube cause some people say it's a masterpiece,
put it on the trash after 2 levels and back to play Metroid.
i need mouse/keyboard or wiimote for this genre, but it's boring and repetitive,
too many generic fps, need some action-platforming, rpg and more blue skyes and boss battles (yes i start play games in the early eighties and yes, don't know english grammar)

Dizzan said:
Probably shouldnt have released these on the day we've been drooling over some of the PS3's best first party titles.

I doubt it has anything to do with that or any sort of HD gen envy.

It simply looks inferior at this stage to World at War or even prior versions of the game on the GameCube.

I was one of the people who was sort of behind this move in the original thread even though I play the game on the 360 but pics like those sort of make you rethink your viewpoint somewhat.

OnPoint said:
Would it be a boycott if nobody was intending to buy it in the first place?

We'll see how it sells. I still probably think it will do a good number relatively for a Wii third party game.

[Nintex]

Agalloch said:
Hei really?
generic fps are better on hd ?
But i don't like the genre, expecially with a gamepad,
one time i try Timesplitters 2 on gamecube cause some people say it's a masterpiece,
put it on the trash after 2 levels and back to play Metroid.
i need mouse/keyboard or wiimote for this genre, but it's boring and repetitive,
too many generic fps, need some action-platforming, rpg and more blue skyes and boss battles (yes i start play games in the early eighties and yes, don't know english grammar)
Did you just call Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare a generic FPS, you'd better run for the hills and don't look back. And although I'm a Wii supporter, yes this game is better on HD systems. It's nice to know what you're shooting at you know...

In my mind I love how a scenario would play out if Activision crapped out this eye sore and Nintendo says "You know what? No, just no. Come back when you've made a game".

Who would lose more? Nintendo for it's reputations with developers/publishers? Or Activision because they lost a ticket to easy money? And would Activision put more effort in the game, or would they get bitter as well and threat the Wii console even more as a step child.

I know there is 0% change of anything even slightly similar to that happening though.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Teknoman said:
Just for comparison sake:

Call of Duty 2 Xbox 1
call-of-duty-2-big-red-one-48283.876232.jpg

1129637533.jpg

Call of Duty 2 Cube
call-of-duty-2-big-red-one-20051017052609526_640w.jpg
Pretty sure these games actually have the same developer.

OnPoint

Souldriver said:
In my mind I love how a scenario would play out if Activision crapped out this eye sore and Nintendo says "You know what? No, just no. Come back when you've made a game".

Who would lose more? Nintendo for it's reputations with developers/publishers? Or Activision because they lost a ticket to easy money? And would Activision put more effort in the game, or would they get bitter as well and threat the Wii console even more as a step child.

I know there is 0% change of anything even slightly similar to that happening though.

Does Nintendo have quality control these days?

spidye

[Nintex] said:
Did you just call Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare a generic FPS, you'd better run for the hills and don't look back. And although I'm a Wii supporter, yes this game is better on HD systems. It's nice to know what you're shooting at you know...

call of duty 4 was probably one of the worst fps I'ver ever played. scripted events and bad level design made me want to puke, but I have to admit the mission where you shoot the guys from the plane was pretty awesome.
on topic: this is just a bad ripoff and I wish Activision the death. seriously guys support this game http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-cursed-mountain/51083

Oh man, so much fail.

That Seinfeld gif perfectly sums up my relationship with Nintendo.
If Galaxy 2 weren't coming out, I'd sell that shit so fast. Ugh..
So sad, I was so pumped back in the day. Stuff like this is just sign o' the times.

Top Bottom