• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: [R E F L E X] (Wii) Screens

Ok I understand the exagerations here. It's certainly not as far back as PS1, it look a bit xboxy. It has that kind of look, where it's really sharp, in fact too sharp. Like its simply downscaled from PS3. It needs more softer edges. Basically it needs to be done ground up.

I really need to do business. I should get the guys over at Factor5 put all projects on hold, and get Activision to contract the remakes, no ports. Can you imagine this game done ground up with the same polish as Rogue squadron. That game still lookslike a movie, It actually looks like A New Hope. I have no clue how they achieved it. And its really silky-babies-bottom- smooth.

DungeonO

OnPoint said:
Does Activision have quality control these days?

Fixed. Nintendo has no control over the quality of this game. And if they were to start controlling third party releases, like they did in the NES era, third parties would probably stop supporting their consoles.

OnPoint

DungeonO said:
Fixed. Nintendo has no control over the quality of this game. And if they were to start controlling third party releases, like they did in the NES era, third parties would probably stop supporting their consoles.

I think they should reject games that are obviously terrible. I think any of the big 3 should.

Souldriver said:
Well, if they would reject this game, they have to reject half the Wii library if they want to stay consistent.

Get the Delorean.

Looks terrible. I'm sure the game will be pretty fun to play but my god. With the $299 PS3 in effect now, and the 360 being at the same price for the Pro, those graphics are beyond ridiculous for a console that cost only $50 less.

painey

3835827929_853d506125_o.jpg

OnPoint

We've spent all this time talking about the texture, that nobody commented on the fact that his arm looks like a tube without an elbow.

Amir0x

Banned
hey what'dya know, looks almost exactly in the same league as World At War (Wii).

That thread where I debated those people about that precise issue seems kinda amusing now, in retrospect.

I don't get why so many Wii games look that bad. The Gamecube was a fairly accessible concole, many ports looked way better than their PS2 equivalents. Wii programming should be pretty similar, right?

A little bit of effort could probably make all the difference.

Agalloch

[Nintex] said:
Did you just call Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare a generic FPS, you'd better run for the hills and don't look back. And although I'm a Wii supporter, yes this game is better on HD systems. It's nice to know what you're shooting at you know...

I don't know what modern warfare is, maybe a totally different gameplay, i only look at screens and play call of duty 3 & 5 on the Wii, 2 & 4 on 360, some medal of honours etc..and i think this is a more of the same, aniway it's not the art stile i like and i'm not interested in at the moment..maybe for HD (for sure this kind of games is way better, al least graphicwise).
The only thing i see is that developers don't even try in some genres on wii, we all know that even gamecube gamecube is capable of way better things..but maybe in motion for the fans of the genre is not that bad..

angelfly

Having played through CoD4 on PC these screens bring a tear to my eye. Especially the one from All Gullied Up. Although since it is Treyarch I kind of knew what I was in for coming to this thread.

ZeroRay said:
I mean this looks comparable to a freaking PS1 game.

So you've never played a PS1 game, I take it?

The screens don't look great for the hardware (Treyarch lol), but tone the hyperbole down, please.

It looks like the PC version on lowest possible settings, which is what I expected.

They could do better, sure, but hey, Treyarch + time limit

GeekyDad

Jangaroo said:
It doesn't seem to look that bad... I think.

Really? My first reaction was to say to myself, "eww..." The top pic especially -- the character model is really bad.

I guess it's to be expected, though. It's not as if Activision is bringing the game to Wii to finally give those folks an opportunity to "experience the magic." No, they're just making sure there's no milk left in those utters before sending it out to pasture. So, it makes sense that they put as little effort as possible into porting it over.

highluxury said:
Oh man, I was hoping it wasnt THIS bad. The first shot makes me think why the hell Activision thought this was a good idea.

Seriously. WaW Wii looks like a generation ahead compared to this.

ksamedi

Wow a lot of negative comments here. What were you guys expecting? After three years can't you guys accept that the Wii is not that much above Gamecube level? This is the best you get graphics wise and this has been known for 3 years. It amazes me so many people still bitch about it.

MarkusRJR

stuburns said:
mwwii1.jpg

The dead guy looks way better than your team mate? I don't think these are final models.
If you look at it, you can tell it's photoshopped in (lack of jaggies, not sized correctly (why is his head so much smaller than yours if he's right beside you), way higher resolution textures, weird blur around character that's absent on everything else). Maybe Activision knew how hideous the game looked and was trying the mask the ugliness by photoshopping an enemy in from the "real version" of CoD4.

ksamedi said:
Wow a lot of negative comments here. What were you guys expecting? After three years can't you guys accept that the Wii is not that much above Gamecube level? This is the best you get graphics wise and this has been known for 3 years. It amazes me so many people still bitch about it.
The problem is that this isn't even Gamecube level... this is Dreamcast/PSP level visuals. It's completely unacceptable for something with power comparable to an xbox.

ksamedi said:
No it not. The Wii is not more capable than this. We should all just accept and move on.
For fucks sake... smh

ksamedi said:
Joke post?

DungeonO

ksamedi said:

super-mario-galaxy-20070711110616131_640w.jpg

Really dude? Really?

I'd kill for this game to even be on Game Cube's level
rs2rebelstrike_051403_gcn_06_640w.jpg

ksamedi

DungeonO said:
super-mario-galaxy-20070711110616131_640w.jpg

Really dude? Really?

Yeah really. This game has a certain art style that looks good. Same can be said for games like Wind Waker or Okami. They look very nice even if they're on old platforms. Modern Warfare is not in the same catogory though. It tries to be realistic and thats something the Wii can't handle as good as the HD platforms. MW Wii looks very much on par with WAW Wii which looked pretty good for a Wii game.

Top Bottom