• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered |OT| Return of the King

Just when I was really getting to enjoy ths game, this shit happens, in the middle of the game:

wXmeC3P.jpg

The timer isn't even working properly, its going up. I just don't get modern gaming anymore man.

Do you guys play with the hit feedback noise on?

I personally have no care for the visual hit indicator, but I think the hit noise when you land shots is oddly satisfying. The shooting feels somewhat flat with it off.

Random thoughts:

I saw an article about trophy listing, T*** P****** trophy/achievement. If a lot of player get this achievement/trophy, it seems there will be no MW2 or MW3 remastered.

:D

The music mixing in this remaster is unfortunately not very good. I can barely hear it over the action. This was definitely not a problem in the original game.

Edit: After just finishing it, this is a fine way to revisit the game, but I still prefer the original release. I think the visuals in the original simply had a more stylistic look to them. The remaster tries to go for a more natural and realistic visual style, and I don't think it works as well. I really liked the high contrast lighting and hard shadows in the original instead. I also wasn't a fan of some of the changes they made to the presentation in some scenes. For example, The nuke aftermath scene now has other people there also slowly dying. When you first experience that scene in the 2007 release , your eyes are drawn to the destruction of the environment. In the remaster, your eyes are drawn to the other characters in that scene instead. It just isn't as impactful or interesting.

And yeah, the music got flubbed pretty hard in the remaster. I consider the score to be pivotal for the vast majority of this game. When it's barely audible, it definitely makes the entire experience feel somewhat bland.

Garibaldi

Early access is only available on the digital version isn't it ?

Nope. OP has a list of retailers. UK also has Shopto btw OP.

In other news. is anyone else (UK here) getting ridiculously slow download speed for this? It reckons it's going to take 19 hours to download. I've tried pause/resume, cancel and retry, rest mode. Other content is back to my usual 9MB a second. Bloody hell Sony.

joebruin

The music mixing in this remaster is unfortunately not very good. I can barely hear it over the action. This was definitely not a problem in the original game.

I thought it was my soundbar. Seems to be more and more common these days where the sound mixing isn't good and you have to self adjust the sliders yourself so that voices aren't drowned out by music or environmental sounds. Experienced it with Deus Ex and Ratchet and Clank and now this remaster.

Odd.

Cyborg

Screens look so good. I want to buy it but I dont want to give my money to Activision. Im only interested in Remaster.

I thought it was my soundbar. Seems to be more and more common these days where the sound mixing isn't good and you have to self adjust the sliders yourself so that voices aren't drowned out by music or environmental sounds. Experienced it with Deus Ex and Ratchet and Clank and now this remaster.

Odd.

That's the lame part, you can't adjust the sound mixing at all. You don't get separate options for sound effects, voice, and music like in most other games. All you can do is simply adjust the master volume, and that's it

I really hate it when games do this. MGSV also had poor music mixing. It would be something easy to fix if you had the option, but you don't.

Nothing from Argos for me yet. Anyone had a code from them?

I got mine in their price error when it was £40 rather than £70 so not too bothered if I have to wait but would like it this weekend!

Nope. OP has a list of retailers. UK also has Shopto btw OP.

In other news. is anyone else (UK here) getting ridiculously slow download speed for this? It reckons it's going to take 19 hours to download. I've tried pause/resume, cancel and retry, rest mode. Other content is back to my usual 9MB a second. Bloody hell Sony.

Oh though it was only digital. I have mine coming from Argos (£39.99 price mistake, Bargain) and not had any codes yet but I can wait to be honest, I'm more interested in IW, as I played MW to death when it first came out, but I'm sure I will enjoy the MW campaign again when I finally play it.

The game looks amazing. They have to let this same team do the MW2 remaster.

Guaranteed at this point surely. Can't wait.

I really liked COD1 and COD2, thought 3 was pants, and I still remember sitting down and playing COD4 for the first time in one sitting. God what an amazing experience. Even though I think MW2 has the best SP and MP of the series, it wasn't that same type of leap that 4 was.

Really sad that the FPS genre has pretty much stood still for 10 years now just doing more of the same.

We need that next big thing.

2007 had Crysis and COD4. The last revolutionary FPS experiences.

Still no message from PSN.

Entered the code; it says Modern Warfare Remastered - Reservation. And that's it. No game. Had a LOT of time to play yesterday and this morning, but now I have to wait until next week. Kind of a bumm.

The screens look really good; they really nailed the bokeh!

smudge

Anyone know if the multiplayer on PC for this is restricted to 18 maximum players, like all CoDs since the original MW. Or can I look forward to some 25v25 chaos that I loved so much in the original ?

DMing them now, cheers lads.

Kinda funny, when I was getting the order number, the product is listed as: "CALL OF DUTY 11 PS3" in my order history. Catchy.

If anyone is waiting for a code from ShopTo there is a new faq they posted an hour ago about how to go about it.

It's basically cancelling your pre order then purchasing from a new page they have set up.

Top Bottom