• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered |OT| Return of the King

Overboost

This is in the upper echelon of remasters. The gameplay was perfectly preserved, it's absolutely stunning visually, the sound is fantastic and the campaign holds up all these years later despite some questionable AI and the excessive flinch but that's always been easy to look over when there's such an impressive experience beside it.

Terrific job by Raven. Just made the wait for Multiplayer even harder.

Agreed. Feels SO GOOD to be back in Soap's shoes. I'll play through the campaign at least twice, then the IW beta starts next week, then November 4th is here. Such a good time to be a COD fan.

Dominator

Amazon isn't doing this right? Not looking to order than cancel, but I know they don't charge until it ships so I assume they won't send out codes because of that.

EDIT: Just saw its not.

Might just got to GameStop and get a code.

sw26

Right so UK Gaffers, where is my best bet for a physical preorder to get a code?

I literally tried for the past hour to give Shopto my money but their awful website and app won't let me do so.

Anyone had any success with Tesco at all?

Daffy Duck

Right so UK Gaffers, where is my best bet for a physical preorder to get a code?

I literally tried for the past hour to give Shopto my money but their awful website and app won't let me do so.

Try Argos? Buy in store and then contact the twitter helpers to see if they can hook you up.

Other than that GAME may work, pay in full and good to go.

Aswitch

Yeah same here.

Took me ~16 hrs to download the 39GB for MWR. Downloaded over 70GB from Steam this weekend and it took less than 4 hours.

Both devices connected via CAT6 to a Gig switch.

I know in most cases it's because the PSN/XBOX servers are overloaded with everyone downloading at the same time. Why i try to start downloading as soon as preload is available for a game

I had no issues with ShopTo earlier.

They put up a new page for this game to pre order from so had to cancel the order I had already, re-buy from the new listing and got my code instantly.

Aswitch

Usually more players on Xbox or PS4? Just trying to decide which platforms best to buy it on.

I'd say PS4 especially with the timed DLC exclusivity and Bigger install base in general. I'd say that would be the consensus for most multiplatform games if the xbox doesn't have any timed exclusivity deals for a particular game.

Wedzi

Banned
Will there be split screen support? 4 player multiplayer with bots perchance?

I would like to know this as well. I did some Googling but really couldn't find any confirmation either way. (same with Infinite Warfare for that matter). Kind of hoping COD4R has 4 player local. Hoping to relive the good days playing 4 player split on Crash.

xinek

Wow, this campaign. I never played the original MW, but I've definitely heard about how influential it's been. I'm not too far in; just finished Death From Above. Obviously a video game about war can't be all that "realistic," but this one does such a great job of making you feel like you're really there. So many times, even only playing a couple hours so far, I've been just horrified by what's going on. The settings and the missions ... it's like a nightmare. The AC-130 mission was tbh pretty upsetting. Thinking back to MW2 (Burger Town ftw), I don't remember it seeming this way at all.

Anyway, can't wait to see what else is in store. Definitely glad I played Spec Ops before this. I can see why people say this campaign was such an achievement.

Daffy Duck

Replaying now, the king has returned.

This is all the CoD I need for years, I can't see me ever getting bored of the MP.

That crew expendable mission was just as good as I remember.

Edit: fucking hell that execution hit hard. They really don't make games like this anymore, such a shame, this is the bar setter.

Tinúviel

Dear Raven you NAILED it.

callofduty_modernwarfbtaz3.png

callofduty_modernwarfb5aag.png

callofduty_modernwarfeozsh.png

callofduty_modernwarf53zjs.png

callofduty_modernwarfgwyir.png

Been watching videos of this and maaaaaaaaan. This game is absolute bullshit lol. The respawning forever enemies with god-like aim on higher difficulties is so dumb. I forgot how dumb it was. Rose tinted glasses holy shit. And this is coming from someone who got the Mile High Club achievement back in the day. Some of the missions are classic, but there are so many filler garbage levels. This is one of the most over-hyped games of all time. The perspective I have with game design in 2016 makes me not ever want to play this single player ever again.

just don't play it on veteran yo

I've only played a couple of missions, but I'm pretty impressed so far, and honestly, I can't imagine so far how they could have made a better remaster of the (SP) game: it looks and runs great while still being faithful to the original.

Looking at the obstacle course leaderboards, I see ~100k people, so I assume that's a good ballpark of how many people preordered a version of IW that allowed early access to this.

Daffy Duck

I've only played a couple of missions, but I'm pretty impressed so far, and honestly, I can't imagine so far how they could have made a better remaster of the (SP) game: it looks and runs great while still being faithful to the original.

Looking at the obstacle course leaderboards, I see ~100k people, so I assume that's a good ballpark of how many people preordered a version of IW that allowed early access to this.

Those numbers will only get bigger too, the playerbase for MP should be healthy.

Gorillaz

Wow, this campaign. I never played the original MW, but I've definitely heard about how influential it's been. I'm not too far in; just finished Death From Above. Obviously a video game about war can't be all that "realistic," but this one does such a great job of making you feel like you're really there. So many times, even only playing a couple hours so far, I've been just horrified by what's going on. The settings and the missions ... it's like a nightmare. The AC-130 mission was tbh pretty upsetting. Thinking back to MW2 (Burger Town ftw), I don't remember it seeming this way at all.

Anyway, can't wait to see what else is in store. Definitely glad I played Spec Ops before this. I can see why people say this campaign was such an achievement.

CoD4 in general was just so a genre changing title. From SP to MP. 07 didn't have many modern war shooters out there other then the tom clancy stuff at times like ghost recon.

I know the Marine side of the game remastered looks like a monster in terms of just shit flying everywhere....especially on the night mission Bog and warpig.

So I pre-ordered this last night on PS4 from Best Buy. Still haven't gotten any code from Best Buy to play early. When the heck is this going to come in.

Metfanant

This is what it's about right here

wow. nice to see that this isn't some jank cash grab remaster.

looks like i know what game i'm getting with my ps4 pro next month.... it's bloodborne... but i'll get this too to relive 2007 in full HD glory >:)

wbEMX

I thought it was my soundbar. Seems to be more and more common these days where the sound mixing isn't good and you have to self adjust the sliders yourself so that voices aren't drowned out by music or environmental sounds. Experienced it with Deus Ex and Ratchet and Clank and now this remaster.

Odd.

Uncharted 4 had that problem, too. I had to turn down the SFX volume by quite a lot to hear the music. Sad to hear that the mix in MWR has that problem, too.

nomis

any canadians preordered infinite warfare legacy from EBgames.ca? Still haven't received my code in my email, concerned I might never :(

xinek

CoD4 in general was just so a genre changing title. From SP to MP. 07 didn't have many modern war shooters out there other then the tom clancy stuff at times like ghost recon.

I know the Marine side of the game remastered looks like a monster in terms of just shit flying everywhere....especially on the night mission Bog and warpig.

Oh, man -- I played almost the entire campaign in one sitting. It was SO GOOD. At the end of every mission, I was like.... ok, just one more. The nuke scene... omg. And the warheads launched at the U.S.!! Loved the joint USMC and SAS missions.

It's interesting how there's really no break in the action at all other than the flashback sniping chapter, but it never got tiring or repetitive like so many other shooters. Will definitely be playing this through again. I only got like 3 pieces of intel because there just was no time to screw around.

When the credits rolled, I just couldn't believe it. LOL at the credits song! It's playing right now. I grade this one an A+. You all were right. What an awesome way to kick off the autumn of shooters.

edit: OMG, there is more after the credits.

Top Bottom