• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered |OT| Return of the King

Daffy Duck

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
The 2nd best remaster this gen after GTA V

Raven studios did a fantastic job

Halo 2 Anniversary Campaign was magnificent as well, but gets overshadowed by the negativity surrounding MCC.

Metro Redux
Majoras Mask 3D
Nathan Drake Collection
The Last of Us Remastered
Gears of War Ultimate

All also very good.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
looking at the screenshots i keep thinking that it doesn't look any different from what i remember. this has to be my most played game on PS3 easily and it will be great to return to it even if i do suck at the multiplayer. totally worth it for the campaign alone though. it's truly a classic game.

AC130 Above!

Loved this scene!

ac130_by_xbulletz-dak2det.gif

black070

Hats off to Raven, they nailed it - so refreshing to jump back into this after such a long time, it holds up really well.

GAME twitter tell me I need to go into the store to get the code if I l ordered online so I went there but they told me they couldn't give me a code even if I cancelled my online preorder and prepurchase in store . They told me to talk to live chat and if that doesn't work I'll just get it digital, fucking GAME

zsynqx

Just finished the game, holds up really well. Some minor complaints about the remaster.

The game still has it's annoyances with infinitely spawning enemies and a ridiculous amount of flinch when being shot. This was all in the original so I can't complain too much about shit like this. I'm glad they stayed true to the original, warts and all when it came to the gameplay.

They did a decent job with the weapon sounds but some are definitely better than others; I'm really not a fan of the new AK or RPD. The deagle that sounded so terrible in the preview footage has thankfully been changed back the original though. Couldn't find an M40 so still worried about that.

While I really appreciate the updated graphics there has definitely been a slight change in art style. This will be pretty subjective but I think I have a preference for the original look.

The hitmarker symbol is way too big. They ripped it straight out of AW and it really doesn't look right in this game. Not a big deal for campaign as you can turn it off, but I really hope they change it back to the original in MP.

I'm personally not a fan of the dual render scope on snipers.

Other than that Raven did an amazing job. Up there with the best remasters this gen.

i haven't been following this at all. what do i have to do in order to be able to play the campaign right now on ps4? i'm in the u.s.

Tinúviel

Fucking PSN using half of the 50 Mbit/s speed both cable and wireless it won't go higher then 2mb/s.Any suggestion to speed things up?

//DEVIL//

if I purchase the game right now from the PS store, when I will be able to download the SP COD:MW ?

should I wait few days ?

JackEtc

Tinúviel;219138383 said:
Fucking PSN using half of the 50 Mbit/s speed both cable and wireless it won't go higher then 2mb/s.Any suggestion to speed things up?

Let it DL in rest mode

Garibaldi

Tinúviel;219138383 said:

Mine is doing the same. If I fire off another download, the second one maxes out my pipe so it's not ours connections. I figure the CDN(s) MWR is on must be getting hammered.

Tinúviel;219138383 said:
Pause the download and restart your PS4 then start it again

Tinúviel;219138383 said:

I feel you pain I tried everything last night to speed mine up. I have 200Mb connection and the only device that doesn't take advantage of it is the PS4. I was using a power line adapter as that was better than the wifi on the PS4 but even that was rubbish so I trailed an Ethernet cable across the room and I still couldn't get anything above 25Mb on the PS4 speed test most of the time it was below 10Mb and the download speed was sub 1Mb. All my other devices were getting well over 100Mb on the same connection. Don't know what it is with PSN but no matter what I do I can't get a consistent good download speed from it.

Random question but if I pre-order the Legacy edition right now, do I still get the code to play the MW Remastered campaign right now? I'm in the UK btw.

Hmm I might pre-order this just to beat the story mode early. Do you have to pay full price everywhere? Or can I only put 5 down for Best Buy or somewhere?

mossypne

There are some...issues i've noticed. When firing a grenade launcher, it appears to actually fire a second or so later. Also on the bog mission it has a prompt to turn Night vision off by pressing up. Yet won't actually let me turn night vision off...

alexbull_uk

I feel you pain I tried everything last night to speed mine up. I have 200Mb connection and the only device that doesn't take advantage of it is the PS4. I was using a power line adapter as that was better than the wifi on the PS4 but even that was rubbish so I trailed an Ethernet cable across the room and I still couldn't get anything above 25Mb on the PS4 speed test most of the time it was below 10Mb and the download speed was sub 1Mb. All my other devices were getting well over 100Mb on the same connection. Don't know what it is with PSN but no matter what I do I can't get a consistent good download speed from it.

Yeah same here.

Took me ~16 hrs to download the 39GB for MWR. Downloaded over 70GB from Steam this weekend and it took less than 4 hours.

Both devices connected via CAT6 to a Gig switch.

Had a few hours to play since yesterday, got up to Bog. Have to say it took a few minutes to get used to the simple days of COD. No boosting and sliding, just simple boots on the ground. So refreshing.

Absolutely stellar remaster so far.

MattyG

Banned
Question: If I buy the Legacy Edition next week, will I still get early access to this? Or did you have to pre-order before the early access started?

Yeah same here.

Took me ~16 hrs to download the 39GB for MWR. Downloaded over 70GB from Steam this weekend and it took less than 4 hours.

Both devices connected via CAT6 to a Gig switch.

I always put my PS4 into sleep mode when downloading large files.

This game was done in just over 2 hours and I have a 20mb connection.

alexbull_uk

I always put my PS4 into sleep mode when downloading large files.

This game was done in just over 2 hours and I have a 20mb connection.

Had mine in rest mode too and my connection is 40mb.

PSN is just always slow for me for some reason. It's why preloads are a godsend.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Anyone else not received their code from GAME
Edit
You gotta go to a store and pay up front WTF?

This is in the upper echelon of remasters. The gameplay was perfectly preserved, it's absolutely stunning visually, the sound is fantastic and the campaign holds up all these years later despite some questionable AI and the excessive flinch but that's always been easy to look over when there's such an impressive experience beside it.

Terrific job by Raven. Just made the wait for Multiplayer even harder.

Tinúviel

Just finished Crew Expandable and man this is one the best remastered i've seen in this gen.I think only Gears Ultimate can compete with this and my vote goes to MWR.

It tingles too many good memories and i can't hide my excitement while playing it right now.

This is in the upper echelon of remasters. The gameplay was perfectly preserved, it's absolutely stunning visually, the sound is fantastic and the campaign holds up all these years later despite some questionable AI and the excessive flinch but that's always been easy to look over when there's such an impressive experience beside it.

Terrific job by Raven. Just made the wait for Multiplayer even harder.
You play on vet??

joebruin

Still haven't received mine from Worst Buy. I even emailed thier support team and nothing so far. Typical...

when did you pre-order? I received mine several weeks ago shortly after pre-ordering online. redeemed that code and then received a notification on my console yesterday that provided another code to download the campaign

Been watching videos of this and maaaaaaaaan. This game is absolute bullshit lol. The respawning forever enemies with god-like aim on higher difficulties is so dumb. I forgot how dumb it was. Rose tinted glasses holy shit. And this is coming from someone who got the Mile High Club achievement back in the day. Some of the missions are classic, but there are so many filler garbage levels. This is one of the most over-hyped games of all time. The perspective I have with game design in 2016 makes me not ever want to play this single player ever again.

when did you pre-order? I received mine several weeks ago shortly after pre-ordering online. redeemed that code and then received a notification on my console yesterday that provided another code to download the campaign
Paid off, in full yesterday. The first time I preordered I only put down 5$. When I heard it had to be paid in full to qualify, I returned my original preorder and pre ordered again, but this time payed it off in full. The receipt didn't have the code on it so the accosiate called corporate and said it would be emailed. Make sense?

Top Bottom