• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: WWII (PC/PS4/XB1, Nov 3) Info: Campaign, Zombies, MP, Trailer, More

If you think this game won't have loot crates you're crazy. That's the point of the social space : show off your loot on Omaha beach.

Ohh I am a 110% sure that Activatision will plague the multi with new and "wonderful" ways to drain wallets.
I was referring more to that in IW, I have to play like 15 games to get enough keys get one rare supply drop and when I open it, it did not give me keys like BLOPS III.

Also the salvage system is ridiculous. As a season pass owner they are so "generous" that some times they give me 1 normal supply drop and 30-40 salvage a day, that is if I log regularly. Needles to say you need over 6000 to unlock good weapons.

The good thing is that I bough the legacy pro edition for dirt cheap.

This game will for sure have supply drops but I doubt it will have variants like AW or IW. Probably just new unique weapons like Blops 3 and MWR that you can only get through the supply drops.

And the MP-40 will be one of them :'(

Lemondish

Because America is still the major market they're pushing towards, and you're suggesting a double whammy of no Americans + Nazi campaign. "Not All Nazis" could be the tag line. It'll go over wonderfully.

Never going to happen with a AAA game, especially the market leader.

You're right. The American education system isn't robust enough to have taught the difference between the Polish, the Soviets, the Heer, and the Nazis. There'd be too much confusion if they went for a nuanced approach that shared complex stories from a unique perspective that wasn't about some kid from Texas and freedom®

Elginer

Looks fantastic. This and Destiny 2 are going to be a wonderful pair of shooters to spend time with. Hoping for co-op missions and a zombies which isnt complicated as hell.

pa22word

You're right. The American education system isn't robust enough to have taught the difference between the Polish, the Soviets, and the Nazis. There'd be too much confusion if they went for a nuanced approach that shared complex stories from a unique perspective that wasn't about some kid from Texas.
Yet every cod ww2 game has featured eastern front combat campaigns, including cod3 which had a polish campaign. In fact the eastern front is probably more represented in cod than the western theatre all combined considering waw had no western campaign at all.

But hey I guess it's easier to just spout bullshit than actually do a wiki search or something while trying to hold some idiotic high ground about how dumb Americans are.

That trailer was all over the place. =/

Also: apparently this is what a Michael Bay World War 2 movie would look like. =/

Looks generic as fuck.

Disappointed.

giphy.gif

Starfield

"Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force! You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you.

Good Luck! And let us all beseech blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVVKCOB8eUA&t=2m30s

You're right. The American education system isn't robust enough to have taught the difference between the Polish, the Soviets, the Heer, and the Nazis. There'd be too much confusion if they went for a nuanced approach that shared complex stories from a unique perspective that wasn't about some kid from Texas and freedom®

d0c2f65ccb5ce950f97225dcc6023bbf_-we-got-a-badass-over-here-weve-got-a-badass-over-here-meme_427-278.png

giphy.gif

Yu Furealdo

I'm glad Condrey is saying that they're doing interesting things with map design. Honestly it's been pretty terrible these last 4 or so games.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I came, I saw, I preordered, I entered the beta code, I sat here eating popcorn watching the thread. Good times.

Darklor01

LOL!

Might get this cod if they tone down with all the fucking crazy happening things in recent cods MP.

Ain't no jumpy mcjetpack wall crawly robotic doggy shit up in this one. Back to basics save for whatever DLC and micro transactions BS they pull.

~Kinggi~

Banned
really excited for this. But for some odd reason im really excited about every CoD release, and im only interested in the single player. IMA FUCKED UP FAM

Damn I like a lot of what im reading here. When's destiny out? Hopefully a few months prior to this because I'm so in on this as well

Darklor01

giphy.gif

Come on now - graphically it looked like CG.

I'm also mainly excited for the single player campaign :)

I don't think I'd say CG. I mean, it's not on Horizon Zero Dawn level. I'd say, like you'd expect it should look on current hardware. I can't wait to hear what the console resolutions will be for systems not named Scorpio.

Would be sweet if we got multiple campaigns in the inevitable sequel

Remember the Russian campaign during COD1? Whew. I like that they said they're gonna show other allies beyond just US tho

Also lmao at Josh Duhamels generic ass being a selling point

I don't think I'd say CG. I mean, it's not on Horizon Zero Dawn level. I'd say, like you'd expect it should look on current hardware. I can't wait to hear what the console resolutions will be for systems not named Scorpio.

Well it impressed me quite spectacularly so.

Just imagine what the Pro/Scorpio version will look like...

10 vs 10 ?
12 vs 12?

Can we get a proper big team battle now , battlefield has me jelly.

That hub world really is to show off what you get in loots, someone said it already but it's true.

They will hide cars in loot chests 😎

Generic lol? Thank god they went back to WW2. If we were going to get another generic future shooter I wouldve raged.
Absolutely looks incredibly generic. Down to the dialogue. This has been done, it's just a lot prettier.

I'd bet the campaign is better than what BF1 offered up last year but the Battlefield guys definitely know how to put together a trailer better than this thing. Yeesh.

I'm still interested in the idea of this game but that did nothing for me.

Darklor01

I'm really surprised at the size of the preview thread and this one. I thought CoD was no longer very popular on gaf.

I was just about out of the series until this. I feel like the desire for ground was tactics, a non-auto regent health system, all got me back in. I spent 12 hour + sessions playing CoD 2. Loved every minute. I guess there is just something about fighting a factually based war without all the gadgets and gizmos.

Bishop89

I would have thought 10 years would have been a long enough gap for when ww2 shooters were last popular, I guess not.

So happy we've gotten wolfenstein, this cod and bf1 (ww1 but still).

Top Bottom