• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: WWII (PC/PS4/XB1, Nov 3) Info: Campaign, Zombies, MP, Trailer, More

Hux1ey

Banned
never understood this argument and I never will.

I hope people who always say this knows that you can always cancel your pre-order right? and you don't have to pay until the game is shipped.

Then why even do it in the first place? I figured people might have learned their lessons from No Mans Sky, it's just not worth it imo.

Other than the faces and shot of the water at the beginning i'm not that impressed.

More let down by the color palette than anything. BF1 did it right going vibrant and colorful. This is the same old drab with browns and greys. I'm all for drab and dark in war games but not feeling it in this one.

Doomshine

The campaign primarily focuses on the European theater and follows the actions of a U.S.

nZUJbbu.png

The response to this mode has been so positive across so many games I'm wondering why they haven't tried to just do a full out zombie apocalypse FPS of some sort. Just lean into the over the top schlock full tilt.

They probably make more money overtime from the dlc, and with the dlc always releasing, there really wouldn't be a place to fit it in. Once the dlc stops, I could see it happening.

Because America is still the major market they're pushing towards, and you're suggesting a double whammy of no Americans + Nazi campaign. "Not All Nazis" could be the tag line. It'll go over wonderfully.

Never going to happen with a AAA game, especially the market leader.
This is the reason why it's always going to be "USA! FUCK YEAH!" In these type of games.

Why would they do that?

Many Call of Duty games featured playing multiple (good guy) sides. COD3 had you playing as the Polish, Canadians, Americans, British, etc. I think they can focus on an non-American side they just choose not to because it is easier to market the Americans.

I'm back in on this. Skipped the multi for advanced and never bothered with infinite (Titanfall 2 filled that space for me), glad to see it returning back to the form I prefer.

Hopefully the nazi zombies mode won't be too insane. Played blops3 nazi zombies after playing a ton of blops 1 zoms and was like... what happened? Why am I a tentacle beast?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Why wouldn't they? They already did it with World at War with the Soviet part, but the missions couldn't fit most of the important Eastern front battles.

no i mean why would they intentionally exclude Americans from a game even if it was aimed at the international part of the conflict.

As you say even in WAW they still had a US part of the game.

Mik2121

Skipped the last few CODs but I'm in again. I didn't like the crazy mobility you had in those games (I'd rather play Overwatch or Halo or something like that if I want extra mobility). This one being normal movement only is great news.

Tigel

Who's doing the score? I would love Hans Zimmer doing a CoD score again
Except Zimmer only composed like 2-3 tracks in the entire MW2 score. Would LOVE seeing Giacchino making a come back.

I'm excited for this game it looks fantastic. Will me my first CoD since MW2.

So I don't have an issue with them doing a Ww2 game, but I'd prefer it to be Infinity Ward. Let them do that era, Treyarch do Nam/Cold War, and Sledgehammer do future warfare. I really liked Sledgehammer's take on future warfare, and they nailed movement better then the other teams

BBboy20

That trailer was all over the place. =/

Also: apparently this is what a Michael Bay World War 2 movie would look like. =/

I would still like to see actual gameplay (especially Multiplayer), but... it's looking pretty good so far. I will definitely keep my eyes on this.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Interested in the cod franchise again after these years ago.The multiplayer will be less frenetic and more like cod 2,3,4,5?

Looks fantastic!

Although I'd be absolutely terrified trying to do a game like this nowadays. People are hyper sensitive to ANY of this stuff, it must be an insanely difficult position. I wouldn't even try it... one small thing in this huge game could set people off hard.

Can't watch the trailer rn but does the game look just as fast as other COD games? Or did they slow it down for WW2. I love the pacing & feel of BF1 and if CODWW2 feels like it, I'll be there day 1.

Bergerac

I wish they'd gone with the US volunteers that travelled to Europe and had their US citizenship revoked for illegally joining European armies, before the official US war effort begun.

Gorillaz

Need for the other shoe to drop on MP features and lootboxes.

SP looks good but I gotta see the meat potatoes of this shit before really going either way on it.

If I see some 3 lane ass maps it's an automatic skip

0racle

This may be a dumb question, but with three studios making call of duty in rotation, do they collaborate?

Or is each studio kept in the dark from each other? How do they decide what them the next game will be? Who does what etc ?

Gorillaz

This may be a dumb question, but with three studios making call of duty in rotation, do they collaborate?

Or is each studio kept in the dark from each other? How do they decide what them the next game will be? Who does what etc ?
Sometimes studios help out. I know research did some weapon designs for mw3 for obvious reasons since all hands were on deck.

Activision probably makes executive orders on general ideas. 3arc being the new leader of the group probably has pull too.

Top Bottom