• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces The Disney Afternoon Collection for PS, XB1 and PC [Port beg = ban]

Fisty

Holy shit. I will be honest, I never thought I would find myself playing Darkwing Duck again. Today is a good day.

Pinky

Banned
We should be friends!

I can't understand the love CoI gets compared to what Magical Quest gets. Capcom's take on Mickey featured everything from Megaman, Super Mario and even Bionic Commando. And with a kickass soundtrack as well! The only shitty thing is its ending which is a total cop out. I hate it now as much as I hated it in 1992.

I'll never forget the first time I fired up MQ on SNES. I thought to myself, "My God! This game is gorgeous!" It's been sooooo long since I've played it. If Capcom ever makes a 16-bit Disney collection, they would be INSANE to not include this precious, lil' gem.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
These are all NES games ala the recent Mega Man Collection, nothing to do with Wayforwards full blown DT remaster.

Yeah I realised that as soon as I saw the trailer and felt stupid lol. So I'm guessing the games have all been converted to the Mega Man Legacy Collection engine then? Kinda neat still, a treat for fans for sure

TheYanger

I literally bought the NES version of Ducktales yesterday, what bizzare timing.
lKSX3xG.jpg

What country is that? Label looks completely different from the original US one. One of my favorite games as a kid.

I'll never forget the first time I fired up MQ on SNES. I thought to myself, "My God! This game is gorgeous!" It's been sooooo long since I've played it. If Capcom ever makes a 16-bit Disney collection, they would be INSANE to not include this precious, lil' gem.
Aside from a crappy GBA port they've never touched MQ again. We need to preserve these gems!

yyr

If this is being done by the same developers as Mega Man Legacy Collection, I will be wary. But if this collection has no input lag, I'll definitely be buying it.

Brofield

Been waiting for Darkwing Duck since the clues popped up in the DuckTales collectibles on Wii U.

I'll gladly pick this up when I can.

entremet

I actually own Ducktales 1 and RR1 for my NES. Love those games. I'm glad they're getting rerelased and remastered on current platforms.

andymcc

Banned
Only 6 games and most aren't even that good, nostalgia aside. If this had all of Capcom's Disney efforts from both the 8-bit and 16-bit gens then this might have been worth the asking price.

Man it's weird to see someone with a Kirby name and avatar complain about the value of a retro game.

Only 6 games and most aren't even that good, nostalgia aside. If this had all of Capcom's Disney efforts from both the 8-bit and 16-bit gens then this might have been worth the asking price.
What? The only mediocre one out of the bunch is Talespin. Both Ducktales games are great, as is the RR duo (Even if the second one is more of the same) and Darkwing Duck is almost literally a Darkwing Duck themed classic Megaman game. If this was like, Adventures in the Magical Kingdom, Mickey Mousecapade and Little Mermaid*, you might have a valid point.

*Little Mermaid is short and easy, but surprisingly fun to score attack/speedrun.

Holy shit. Now I can finally play Ducktales 2! (and everything else that's not Ducktales 1 or Rescue Rangers 1)

Also <3 that chiptune Disney Afternoon music.

What? The only mediocre one out of the bunch is Talespin. Both Ducktales games are great, as is the RR duo (Even if the second one is more of the same) and Darkwing Duck is almost literally a Darkwing Duck themed classic Megaman game. If this was like, Adventures in the Magical Kingdom, Mickey Mousecapade and Little Mermaid*, you might have a valid point.

*Little Mermaid is short and easy, but surprisingly fun to score attack/speedrun.

Little Mermaid is legit good and super fun! But yeah, it's also easy and short but who cares.

Mickey Mousecapade was garbage (fun fact: it wasn't made by Capcom, just published by them. It was actually made by Hudson).

And Adventures in the Magic Kingdom was okay but I remember it being also frustratingly difficult. Like NES HARD difficult.

Oh wow! I don't even remember there being a GBA port. What was different from the SNES version? Bad visuals/music?

Pretty much. The GBA had a lousy sound processor which was all the more noticeable when porting SNES games to it. Sound alone are the reason why I refuse to touch FFVI, Yoshi's Island and Magical Quest on GBA.

are the issues still on the xbox one version? i have both consoles and i've been trying to decide which one i wanted to buy the collection for

I dont think so. The X1 version had the least issues (if any).

I have the PS4 version and aside from that one egregious sound issue that was patched out I've honestly never encountered any of these problems.

are the issues still on the xbox one version? i have both consoles and i've been trying to decide which one i wanted to buy the collection for

I honestly have no idea. The PS4 actually had worse sound issues at launch than the XB1 version, but the XB1 game still had some minor sound problems, mainly with some music tracks from the first two games. But they may have been fixed when the game was patched.

Honestly though, it's a pretty solid collection, regardless.

If the ports are good, I am 100% in on this. Hell, I'd get just Darkwing Duck - I loved that game as a kid. But both DuckTales and both Rescue Rangers as well? Yes please!

Never played the TaleSpin game as a kid though, so no idea if that's worth it.

zenspider

Wow! Never thought I'd see the day. Hope Rescue Rangers hold up.

I don't even remember Darkwing Duck and Tales Spin coming to NES; they were a big reason I wanted a Turbografx-16.

Cuburt

I loled at the title about port begging when I first read it thinking it's a joke that people would beg for Disney channel games...and then I read that these are the Capcom Disney games from the NES and understood.

It's awesome that Disney and Capcom worked out the licensing to make this happen and rerelease these old games, especially since this may mean so many Capcom X Disney games from the 80's-90's now have the potential of being rereleased and enjoyed instead of being lost to time, but no Chip and Dale on a certain Vilified Console with built in two player controls is a travesty.

EBreda

Wait a minute.....dint someone guess that this was coming a few days ago in another thread?

Hey man, that's my VERY FIRST thought when reading the news on Reddit. "Damn, someone in GAF 'guessed' it a few days ago".

Can't remember the thread though. Anyone have a clue???!!? Now I'm super curious.

Anyway, awesome games, hopefully the collection will do it justice.

This is awesome! I never got to play any of these games since the NES had long reached the end of it's life when I was born (never mind when I started playing games), but I liked all four of these shows and love 2D platforming. I'll definitely be getting this as soon as it's up on PSN. I imagine these will play pretty well with remote play on Vita, too.

Gren

All semi-modern tv's allow you to turn off overscan anyway no?
If I understand how this all works correctly, then turning off overscan on the TV isn't the issue (I have mine set at 1:1 pixel setting), but that in doing so you expose all the rubbish that the NES was meant to hide in older TVs that did use overscan.

I mean, I guess I could turn it on from the TV, but that would deal a big hit to the set's image quality; I'd prefer any adjustment be done by the game itself, if possible.

Top Bottom