• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom does a Sega: less support for the Wii 'cause RE:DSC sold 16k

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to note that this and the SEGA thread sounds just like the days of the Gamecube General Board over at IGN when companies were pulling out/canceling games for the GC.

Except I was one of the many making excuses. The Great Circle. Both situations Nintendo was raking in the dollars and had nothing to worry about.

nightez

Banned
linkboy said:
Even if the Wii was HD, we'd just have the Gamecube situation all over again. All the GC got from the majority of 3rd party developers was subpar ports that were inferior to the PS2\Xbox versions and then developers dropped support when they didn't sell well.

EA: Their GC sports games were inferior to the PS2\Xbox versions which resulted in EA scaling back GC support

SEGA Sports: Same as EA, ended up dropping support all together
None of which were EA's or Sega's fault. The GCN's pad had less buttons. And its Memory cards weren't large enough to store Madden saves.

Eidos: Ported their games to the GC 6 months after the other releases, blamed Nintendo for their lack of sales, dropped support.
Bioshock was a year late on PS3 but still sold well?

joetachi

Wow so now from this thread the third parties are pulling out like the GC days. :lol All this from the france numbers of a Light Gun game.

joetachi said:
Wow so now from this thread the third parties are pulling out like the GC days. :lol All this from the france numbers of a Light Gun game.

I said the thread was like then. With the general attitude. Don't read any LOLs into it.

scitek

And to the people saying "had the Wii been HD, it wouldn't be having this problem because it would have gotten the multi-plat support"...you're right, but no one would have bought a $400 Wii over a $400 Xbox 360. Not even me.

Eteric Rice

LiquidMetal14 said:
Tales of Graces is another expmple

To be fair, this game launched a week before one of the biggest RPGs of this generation. If people were going to choose between the two, they weren't going to choose Graces.

It's unfortunate too, it sounds like a good Tales game. :(

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Jokeropia said:
No, I just showed you why the question was irrelevant. Despite the shared development costs, RE4: Wii was cheaper to develop than any individual version of RE5.
wait, is somebody in their right mind as much as suggesting that the re4 wii port has cost any comparably to the costs of re5, even split across all the platforms?

nightez

Banned
Honestly Nintendo would still do well as a company without 3rd party support. And I dont think it bothers them much that 'core' 3rd party titles do not sell well. As long as their own software continues to sell, then they are doing just fine. Nintendo is basically a software company not a hardware company. I remember Yamauchi even saying in an ideal world, he would actually "give away" the hardware for free as he saw its costs as a barrier to people buying the games.

Oh and Nintendo probably do not want sales of 3rd party titles eating into their own sales. In the same way EA didn't want 2K Sports football games to cannibalize sales of Madden. Nintendo is just fine with the direction things are heading.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Its a known fact that Capcom heavily supports the underdog systems (Saturn, DC, GC, XBOX, DS then PSP). Thats why they gave the Revolution much love early on. Now that its the at the top of the pack they know what must be done. And that is to show some extra loving to the new underdogs.

Eteric Rice

nightez said:
Oh and Nintendo probably do not want sales of 3rd party titles eating into their own sales.

This has always been the most retarded statement ever. You people do realize that Nintendo makes money for every single third party title that sells on their platforms, right? Not wanting third party games to sell on them would be downright retarded.

scitek said:
And to the people saying "had the Wii been HD, it wouldn't be having this problem because it would have gotten the multi-plat support"...you're right, but no one would have bought a $400 Wii over a $400 Xbox 360. Not even me.

Let's not go nuts. Last generation they delivered a competitive piece of hardware for $199, they could have done the same this generation at $249 or $299.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Eteric Rice said:
To be fair, this game launched a week before one of the biggest RPGs of this generation. If people were going to choose between the two, they weren't going to choose Graces.

It's unfortunate too, it sounds like a good Tales game. :(
I agree and will likely buy it when I get the Wii going again. And while I agree that the close proximity to 13 was not healthy it was also the holiday time which should produce better sales. It will like crawl past 200k, or has it already done so?

_leech_ said:
Let's not go nuts. Last generation they delivered a competitive piece of hardware for $199, they could have done the same this generation at $249 or $299.
and they got their asses kicked and were utterly embarrassed when they had to admit they halted production briefly, pissing off their partners and shareholders alike

Eteric Rice

_leech_ said:

Hard to say. The jump to HD might have caused issues with that.

Hopefully next generation they can do that again. RAM and stuff has gone down a lot, so it should be feasible to make a fairly powerful console on the cheap.

nightez

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
This has always been the most retarded statement ever. You people do realize that Nintendo makes money for every single third party title that sells on their platforms, right? Not wanting third party games to sell on them would be downright retarded.
They make a commission but its small change. Much less than what they get from their own developed titles.

In the 16 bit era they even limited how many games you could release on their system. And generally made life tough for 3rd Parties. I suspect because they (3rd party game sales) only account for a small share of Nintendo's revenue.

linkboy

nightez said:
None of which were EA's or Sega's fault. The GCN's pad had less buttons. And its Memory cards weren't large enough to store Madden saves.

If EA wanted to, they could have made the GC controller work (and it really wasn't that bad to play Madden with). The Memory Cards were an issue at launch, but the 251 had enough space and the 1019 solved that problem, the games were still inferior. The GC Madden's were pretty much an afterthought for EA. The only sports game EA released at the end of the GC's life was Madden, Live and Tiger Woods. No NCAA football, no Nascar, no Fight Night, no NCAA Basketball, no NCAA baseball (after they lost the MLB license).

SEGA did the exact same thing. NFL 2k3 was the last GC NFL from them, 2k3 was the last NBA and NCAA games (the NCAA game being the only GC college basketball game and is hard to find), and one NHL game. They dropped support after the 2k3 games, but came crawling back with MLB 2k6, the only MLB game they made for the system.

They barely even supported the system at all.

Bioshock was a year late on PS3 but still sold well?

Yea, know what the big difference was, 2k actually put an effort into the game and gave it a good ad campaign. Eidos with their GC ports (TR: Legend and Blood Omen 2) sent the games out, let them die at retail, lost money, blamed it on Nintendo and dropped support. Big difference there.

Answers in bold.

ShockingAlberto said:
and they got their asses kicked and were utterly embarrassed when they had to admit they halted production briefly, pissing off their partners and shareholders alike

Except they got the marketing right this generation. If they paired their marketing with competative hardware, we wouldn't be having discussions like this. I've been saying this for years now: If the Wii were on the same level (or *slightly* lower) to a 360, there's no questions 3rd parties would be porting their big releases right along side the 360 and PS3, imho.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
krypt0nian said:
I have to note that this and the SEGA thread sounds just like the days of the Gamecube General Board over at IGN when companies were pulling out/canceling games for the GC.

Except I was one of the many making excuses. The Great Circle. Both situations Nintendo was raking in the dollars and had nothing to worry about.

There's one other, almost insignificant difference between today and the Gamecube era. I mean, it's such a petty detail, I feel cheap even bringing it up, but...

... the Gamecube failed to excite the market, barely sold 20 million consoles, and was destroyed by the Playstation 2 as far as the demographic Nintendo aimed it at was concerned.

The Wii has sold 65 million consoles, has trounced the competition for mainstream mindshare, refuses to die no matter how many times everyone says Nintendo is doomed, and has succeeded beyond all reason at capturing the audience it was aimed at.

In point of fact, I think what most people who were acting as apologists for Nintendo during the GC age believed is that Nintendo was doomed without 3rd parties and so were in a state of fanboy panic.

Today, the only people who think Nintendo needs the traditional big 3rd parties are the remaining extreme fanboys who are angry that the Wii is not the lead platform for Modern Warfare 2 even if that would make no sense.

No, most people are just rolling their eyes in disbelief at 3rd parties for their own stupidity and loss. I'd say just about nobody in this thread actually thinks Nintendo is doomed or desperately needs 3rd party games.

At most, some people are disappointed that the big 3rd parties have refused to explore the Wii's potential to find new kinds of game play. Nobody /wants/ to play vanilla GTA or Devil May Cry or even Uncharted on the Wii. Everyone who wants that stuff has a 360 or PS3 along with a Wii.

jrricky

Banned
A Capcom guy...from France...and the thread is 10 pages? o_O Does Capcom 'France' even develop anything or make decisions? Nintendo probably doesnt have a phone number for these guys...

Anyways, if this is Capcom as a whole now, there 'tests' finally showed their light, they were just waiting for one failing game to do it...:lol

I will be buying Tatsu and MH3 though, thank you, Capcom...even after the huge blunders that were RE5, Bionic Commando and Lost Planet (not sales talk).

klee123

Eteric Rice said:

It was also the period where the Wii was selling the best during the year. Considering that Nintendo's own software was selling like crazy during the period, I doubt it would have affected sales all that much considering there's also a 5 million userbase lead over the console FFXIII was being released on.

LiquidMetal14

nightez said:
They make a commission but its small change. Much less than what they get from their own developed titles.

In the 16 bit era they even limited how many games you could release on their system. And generally made life tough for 3rd Parties. I suspect because they (3rd party game sales) only account for a small share of Nintendo's revenue.
While I assume most users on here know that there are royalties for 3rd party sales, does anyone know what percentage that is? I recall reading the numbers for PS1 or 2 years ago. Unless information like is highly guarded these days.

klee123 said:
It was also the period where the Wii was selling the best during the year. Considering that Nintendo's own software was selling like crazy during the period, I doubt it would have affected sales all that much considering there's also a 5 million userbase lead over the console FFXIII was being released on.
Yes, you're right. Nintendo's traditional JRPGs were selling fine a week before FFXIII.

mutsu

klee123 said:

Point being? Nintendo's games always has its own audience, where as RPGs are generally played by the same crowd of people who loves their RPGs.

There's no denying that Tales of Graces did under perform, but if it was released not too close to FF13 then it would have been a different number for certain.

LiquidMetal14

klee123 said:
Of course I also didn't account for the massive userbase difference which the Wii favors. I was just putting it as formal and nicely as I could.

linkboy

Kaijima said:
At most, some people are disappointed that the big 3rd parties have refused to explore the Wii's potential to find new kinds of game play. Nobody /wants/ to play vanilla GTA or Devil May Cry or even Uncharted on the Wii. Everyone who wants that stuff has a 360 or PS3 along with a Wii.

Nailed my feelings 100%.

_leech_ said:
Except they got the marketing right this generation. If they paired their marketing with competative hardware, we wouldn't be having discussions like this. I've been saying this for years now: If the Wii were on the same level (or *slightly* lower) to a 360, there's no questions 3rd parties would be porting their big releases right along side the 360 and PS3, imho.
And if Unicorns were running Sony, they could have magicked the PS3 to the $300 price point at launch where Cthulu would endorse it on an episode of Invisible Walls.

legend166

soldat7 said:
Sure Nintendo games have that 'special sauce', but they can also get away with incremental updates to many of their titles such as Animal Crossing and Mario Kart. These games continue to sell well despite the lack of innovation. Sure, not every Nintendo title is going to light up the charts, but many still do despite not being new or fresh experiences. You absolutely cannot blame developers or suits for not knowing what to do with the Wii.

Mario Kart Wii is no more an incremental update than pretty much every other racing series ever released. There's new tracks, new karts, new items, a new online mode, new controls, etc.

Animal Crossing was an incremental update and its sales suffered because of it. Nintendo will definitely need to improve the quality in the next game or the series will probably become irrelevant.

So, they don't really prove your point.

Kunan

advertise advertise advertise

and stop making lightgun games. I like lightgun games, but there's a reason they went out of style: the vast majority are done with them.

It's like these huge game companies are blind and don't have a clue. It's not fucking difficult to see these things.

At this point they might as well as give up and try with the Wii 2, because they've managed to jade the whole wii audience.

Kaijima said:
There's one other, almost insignificant difference between today and the Gamecube era. I mean, it's such a petty detail, I feel cheap even bringing it up, but...

... the Gamecube failed to excite the market, barely sold 20 million consoles, and was destroyed by the Playstation 2 as far as the demographic Nintendo aimed it at was concerned.

The Wii has sold 65 million consoles, has trounced the competition for mainstream mindshare, refuses to die no matter how many times everyone says Nintendo is doomed, and has succeeded beyond all reason at capturing the audience it was aimed at.

In point of fact, I think what most people who were acting as apologists for Nintendo during the GC age believed is that Nintendo was doomed without 3rd parties and so were in a state of fanboy panic.

Today, the only people who think Nintendo needs the traditional big 3rd parties are the remaining extreme fanboys who are angry that the Wii is not the lead platform for Modern Warfare 2 even if that would make no sense.

No, most people are just rolling their eyes in disbelief at 3rd parties for their own stupidity and loss. I'd say just about nobody in this thread actually thinks Nintendo is doomed or desperately needs 3rd party games.

Right. I agree with almost all points.

But i don't think it's arguable that, if the Wii had games of the caliber of GTA 4, Uncharted or Modern Warfare, people would be buying a lot more 3rd party software on the Wii right now.

I keep saying that the big, big issue of the Wii was that it never had high caliber games except for the Nintendo ones: Everything was either a port of PS2, a spin-off, a new IP, a port of the HD Twins (modern warfare itself). I understand that the problem with the Wii is that, despite having a ton of quirky fun games, it never had anything that blew people's minds. But it's like, if you can pay 60 bucks for Modern Warfare 2 and 50 bucks for Silent Hill Shattered Memories, which one would you pick up? MW2. Would you pick up both? Probably not!

BUT! If you had MW2 and let's say a Wii sequel like Perfect Dark 2 (which, I know, it's on XBOX360 nowadays), i'd say there's a good opportunity that you might pick up both, maybe 20% of the people who picked up MW2 would pick up the shooterbox Wii just because it's well done.

All in all, companies need to stop making games that are niche and with little mass market appeal on the Wii. Why no company has produced Resident Evil 4.5 on it, Shooterbox Kimbo 3, Killthecopsbecauseyou'reabadguyinViceCity 5 on it is still a mystery to me. I am 100% these games would perform really well on the platform if they are the "mass market" appeal.

jrricky

Banned
Boombloxer said:
Honestly, just look at the Top across the systems for PS2, Wii, and PS360:

If you can't see what consoles own the "Core" demographic, then you are simply blind.
Man, I wanted to avoid responding to the dumb shit I am reading but I have to respond to this..................MOST TO NONE OF THOSE GAMES FRANCHISES ARE ON THE WII............................................................................!!!!!!!!! Isn't that amazing!!!!

Plus I see lots of core titles on the Wii list... BTW WTF is core being used as here?

klee123

mutsu said:
Point being? Nintendo's games always has its own audience, where as RPGs are generally played by the same crowd of people who loves their RPGs.

There's no denying that Tales of Graces did under perform, but if it was released not too close to FF13 then it would have been a different number for certain.

That's my point, the majority of the Wii fanbase in Japan just mainly gets Nintendo made games. I seriously doubt Graces would have done that much better if it was released like 3 months from the release date of FFXIII if going by Symphonia 2's sales figures.

klee123 said:
That's my point, the majority of the Wii fanbase in Japan just mainly gets Nintendo made games. I seriously doubt Graces would have done that much better if it was released like 3 months from the release date of FFXIII if going by Symphonia 2's sales figures.

I bet it would have done 50-75k better than it's going to do, which is reasonably better.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Kaijima said:
Has anyone even tried to put out such a game on the Wii? How can you assume that nobody who owns a Wii may like to play such a beast?

jrricky

Banned
Boombloxer said:
It's not silly to acknowledge that "casual" simply does not mean what it did during the PS2 era. Unless you really think that Mario Kart is a core game, which is ridiculous.

And you are basically saying that the Core games made by Nintendo outsold their counterparts, but that's not the point--where are the 3rd party games that have got that high?

Now compare them to the PS360, and you have a pretty clear picture. 3rd parties aren't to blame, the market simply isn't there. Expecting a sudden drove of high-quality core games from third parties is simply unrealistic.

Nintendo knows this. 3rd parties know this. Nothing is going to change, because Nintendo does not control the core market in the same way that the PS2 did, and the 360 (and an emerging PS3) now do. They have a new market that likes different games, so games are made to suit them, while the traditional games are made for the HD twins.

Heh, yea. Not so much an enemy, but the leap from Iphone to DS/Wii games is a lot less than Iphone to PS3/360. That's who Nintendo sold to, and are happy with.
OK I read this and all your other posts in this thread and then checked your post history and realizied that you are a f***ing idiot especially when it comes to sales age (which you jump into once in a blue moon to spout bullshit).

Do you even know what core means? You know what, I think its best you drag your ass back to OT or something. Man, GAF made me realize how ignorant people really are.

Hero

Agreeing with Kajima, I'll expand on it and try to outline it for people as clearly as simple:

Third parties fucked themselves. Almost every third party expected a repeat of the last generation where Playstation sold the most and Xbox and the Nintendo system would be in a distant second. Only difference was this time around they could only lazily port over to one system instead of two. So their excuse was to develop their main IPs primarily for the HD systems and just give lazy, sloppy half assed games for the Wii.

So what happened? Well the writing was on the wall when the 360 launched to slightly better than the original fare. Then when E3 rolled around the infamous "599.99" number was dropped should've been the moment the people in charge of these companies opened their eyes to reality. The demographic that bought the PS2 in (then) record numbers weren't going to be able to afford a system that for a majority of people is a month's rent for them. Kiddies and teens would be unable to get it.

But by then it was too late since games take years to develop and understandably the first year of PS3/Wii had pathetic third party support.

Then the gaming press and the vocal third parties tried to make a stand against Nintendo in some act of artistic defiance. The Wii couldn't display the best graphics or have the most processing power and their games were inferior because of it. Nintendo was doing a disservice to their consumers! So that small minority within the industry bitched and barked up a storm as if anything they said could change reality.

As history shows, the majority of consumers don't give a fuck how many polygons are on the screen or what the resolution of a game is if it's fun. The fact that the best selling games for this generation are going to be Wii Sports/Play/Fit/Kart/NSMBW is a testament to that. This gave those bitter about the situation more to be bitter about. How dare these colorful, simplistic and accessible games outsell their high definition, uberly-epic man-dude brofest games.

So instead of changing direction to go with the flow of what I will refer to as the "new era" of gaming, third parties decided to try and fight it as desperately as they could. The Wii is a fad! People will only buy it for Wii Sports and then put it in the closet! No core gamer can be satisfied with just a Wii! These were all common mantras for the rebellious group.

However it seemed not everyone at these companies were completely brain dead. Some of them realized that they might be able to cash in on this unprecedented phenomenon. So companies decided to release rushed, second/third-rate projects done by second/third-rate teams.

Capcom experienced success with RE4 Wii and decided that it would be best to follow that up with two lightgun style games using the RE brand to sell it. Why the fuck would anyone who's a fan of that series want to go and rush out to buy a game like that? Namco, how did they reward the company that helped them sell the most successful Tales game in the western hemisphere? By sloppily pushing out Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World, a game that bears little resemblance to the original game on the Gamecube aside from name and the world setting.
EA? They still can't figure out a way to make their sports games for the system aside from Tiger Woods. Then they decide to develop an on-rails shooter game to a brand new intellectual property, to which Wii owners did not receive originally. Why would consumers give a fuck about this game when the original and inevitable numbered sequel will appear on an HD system?
Sega tried but honestly, a game like Madworld would've been ho-hum on any system. Releasing a black and white only game is just not a good business model.

I could go on, mentioning the complete lack of support from Konami, Square-Enix, more mediocre bullshit from Activision, the lulz-worthy support from Ubisoft (anyone remember the "Nintendo-like quality" that they announced years ago?) but really, you should get the picture now.

Third parties gambled initially on the Playstation and Xbox brands and got caught with their pants down at the beginning of the generation. But when sales of the Wii every month continued after that initial holiday period, nobody in the management positions decided to try and turn things around. Instead the plan was to bitch and moan that they couldn't sell any good games while releasing crap like Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop, Dead Space Extraction, RE: DSC, Tales of Symphonia: DotNW, Spybots, etc. Then when those games fail to sell they try to point the finger at Nintendo and the Wii consumers. What they fail to realize is that the game industry is not one where you can blame consumers if your product fails. Creating the game is only half of it, making sure it's marketed well and aimed at consumers is the other. But of course, that would require taking accountability and responsibility for poor business decisions and it's much easier to point fingers at everyone else. Things would be completely different if say, Square-Enix were to release a numbered Final Fantasy game on the Wii and it bombed or Capcom made Resident Evil 6 for Wii and it sold like shit.

Unfortunately for them, that doesn't fix their problem. In any industry, if you do not adapt, you die. My advice to third parties is to shut the hell up and start making some premium, tier one games by their top teams for the Wii or pray that your HD versions sell well enough to float your company. Because right now they've lost three years worth of potential sales due to ignorance and stupidity and are only damaging their brands in the minds of the Wii consumers.

With the way the economy is today and the fact that it seems every year studios are closing down, getting absorbed or laying people off, you'd think they'd want to try and do their best to make quality games. By the end of this generation we're going to see a lot more companies disappear or get bought out and it really makes the general future for most third parties very bleak.

Stealth edit:

I'll just add that the console system for this gen is playing out almost exactly like the handheld war did. Everybody hopped on the Sony PSP hypetrain because its specs were ridiculous and on paper it totally trounced the DS. But as the weeks and months rolled by and more and more quality software came out (Nintendogs, Brain Age, Mario Kart, Pokemon) the DS just kicked into high gear and left the PSP in its dust.

jrricky said:
A Capcom guy...from France...and the thread is 10 pages? o_O Does Capcom 'France' even develop anything or make decisions? Nintendo probably doesnt have a phone number for these guys...

Anyways, if this is Capcom as a whole now, there 'tests' finally showed their light, they were just waiting for one failing game to do it...:lol

I will be buying Tatsu and MH3 though, thank you, Capcom...even after the huge blunders that were RE5, Bionic Commando and Lost Planet (not sales talk).

meh, slow news day.

klee123

Stopsign said:
I bet it would have done 50-75k better than it's going to do, which is reasonably better.

I wouldn't be surprised if Namco expect more considering that it was a new mothership title debuting on the console with the highest userbase in Japan. Nintendo and Namco pushed the game pretty hard with the bundles and advertisements, so it's not like they did shit all to promote the game.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Holy crap at this thread. I mean, I figured it'd turn out like the gazillion of other Third-Party games on the Wii threads, but wow. Wii owners must really not have any games to play, eh? :p

But really, why such a discussion over an opinion of one guy in a sub-sector of a company?

pgtl_10

Drek said:
Dead Space Extraction is a good game.

House of the Dead: Overkill is a good game.

Madworld is a good game.

None of them sold well.

Maybe these guys who with upper management positions for successful multi-million dollar companies like Capcom know what they're talking about a bit more than a bunch of fans on a message board?

Its not like this is some guy who works for a scrub 3rd party or indie developer. He works for Capcom, one of the most consistently successful 3rd parties in the world, and one that stepped into this new generation with both a desire to support the Wii and the best 360/PS3 cross platform model of anyone in the industry already in mind.

They generally seem to have a clue.

Yes and no. Capcom's success comes from people recognizing the RE brand on an Nintendo console. If Capcom developed an RE game that played like a traditional RE game, Capcom would not be in this problem.

Instead Capcom released a light gun shooter which probably sold well because of the RE name and because uninformed consumers didn't know they were buying lightgun game. Rather than Capcom relizing that people wanted traditional RE, Capcom released a second lightgun game. This time Capcom tried to create "a new angle" where people play behind a teammate. That way Capcom could fool people into buying another lightgun game if they saw the screenshots. Apparantly people aren't that stupid.

For the reason I stated above the second bolded statement shows Capcom never really gave good effort.

Third parties hate Nintendo but a major part of the reason is that they fail to get Nintendo owners to look for their games on the system.

sphinx

the piano man
I think third parties' biggest problem is that the HD games can't be ported "as is" to wii.

So they risk less putting games in 2 consoles rather than 1, PLUS they develop for Hardware they actually admire.

develping for Wii means by default to develop exclusivly for it, exclusives are a no-no this generation, period. That is why when Wii games do come, they are either cheaply outsourced or as risk-free as possible ( aka no adevertisement, cheap, not epic, etc. )

I like how people are like "These guys are well paid, they know what they're doing."

And I'm thinking, if they know what they're doing, wouldn't all games be doing well? How do you make a bunch of mistakes, say it's someone else's fault, and get lauded for being incredibly in tune with the market?

Hiltz

I think HOTD:Overkill is one of the worst on-rail shooters on the Wii.

The game is short as hell, the level design is boring, the visuals aren't impressive and the story is stupid (not even in an amusing cheesy way) and whoever was in charge of writing the dialogue needs to be fired immediately.

linkboy

ShockingAlberto said:
I like how people are like "These guys are well paid, they know what they're doing."

And I'm thinking, if they know what they're doing, wouldn't all games be doing well? How do you make a bunch of mistakes, say it's someone else's fault, and get lauded for being incredibly in tune with the market?

Jim Zorn got paid well, does that mean he knew what he was doing?

Just because you get paid for something, doesn't mean you're good at it.

pgtl_10

ShockingAlberto said:

Agreed

Wall Street is very well paid but started crying for a bailout. Herd mentality can really hurt businesses who lack foresight. I often feel the gaming business has great developers who really don't understand the business of gaming.

ShockingAlberto said:

or know how to run banks and such things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom