• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CES : Video streaming of Sony and MS conferences [Concluded]

Truespeed

Thanks, Liz!

fmb.jpg

Carl

darthbob said:
Useless? No.

It's useless for a consumer, but not for a business. Not hardly useless for them.

Well obviously i meant for myself. I can't speak for everyone on earth.

gcubed

Zero-Crescent said:
$999 and $1099
Yeah, these things are gonna be real popular. :lol :lol
I'd bet they are popular with people who are excited about a tablet with a wacom digitizer

Carl

darthbob said:
The way you said it made it seem like the device is just retarded or something. : /

No. I think it's awesome (like i said, it's really cool tech) but i can't see it being very useful in homes.

Zero-Crescent said:
$999 and $1099
Yeah, these things are gonna be real popular. :lol :lol
i wonder how good it is compared to something like cintiq. i feel this will be like a tablet PC with the cheapest bamboo tech. but if it feels like using an intuos tablet then i'd consider.

darthbob

Deadman said:
the size of that motherboard is pretty ridiculous

Considering that it's no larger than a motherboard in a phone, it's not that crazy.

However, what is kinda cool is utilizing the size and power (think ARM) and putting into a tablet.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, did that printer just print?

darthbob

enzo_gt said:
Can someone explain what ARM is to all of us who don't know?

It's a type of processor that doesn't use the 'regular' x86 instruction set. Good performance, low power, but no support for anything other than Linux.

UNTIL NOW!

angelfly

darthbob said:
It's a type of processor that doesn't use the 'regular' x86 instruction set. Good performance, low power, but no support for anything other than Linux.

UNTIL NOW!
BSD runs just fine on ARM

Top Bottom