• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ChileGAF |OT| CTM weon que pulento el thread!

Alto Maipo is a huge part of the water shortage. There have been reports of it contaminating the waters since months ago, and now Aguas Andinas have to stop the water flow because of "the rain contaminating the water", when we had a normal rain. Only last night the rain turned into a problem, but water supply was already cut.

But it's an Luksic company, so why would anyone do something about it.

Wasn't it that because of the higher temperatures + rain, it started to rain on the mountain side where there should've been snow, so that carried ground in mass to the water processing plant? And thus, collapsed?

I mean, i'm not defending Luksic and the private industries but what's the truth behind this stuff?

Wasn't it that because of the higher temperatures + rain, it started to rain on the mountain side where there should've been snow, so that carried ground in mass to the water processing plant? And thus, collapsed?

I mean, i'm not defending Luksic and the private industries but what's the truth behind this stuff?

There's no official truth, actually, there never is in these cases.

We have info, though:

http://radio.uchile.cl/2016/01/17/d...-del-agua-que-consume-la-region-metropolitana

So we have Alto Maipo with that contamination in the place where the event that you mention is triggered with a simple rain (remember, this originated on friday, not saturday).

The official statement of Aguas Andinas is that "high turbidity" cannot be fought with, so they have to cut the supply in 27 comunas of Santiago.

Which, to various organizations, seems weird, seeing that other years we've had the same ammout of rain and in similar conditions, and it hasn't happened.

http://www.infogate.cl/2016/04/16/a...ple-lluvia-basta-para-provocar-un-mega-corte/

But in any case, with nature beign disturbed, of course things would be different this year. The river would not behave normally.

And I'm going full ancient aliens with this shit, but it does drives me crazy:

Timing's a weird thing sometimes. Just a few weeks ago, there was some question beign made about the partnership of Aguas Andinas and the company behind Alto Maipo, precisely one of the points was that of the water supply. Of course, everything was green lighted http://www.latercera.com/noticia/ne...convenio-entre-aguas-andinasy-aes-gener.shtml

And just thinking about Luksic beign behind CCU, Cachantun, and this causing a bottled water bonanza in supermarkets, makes me feel a little more biased into think that he just don't give a shit about all of this.

Of course, I could be wrong. But the corruption in this country is so high, specially with guys who practically owns the country like Andronico, makes me question all of this stuff.

There's no official truth, actually, there never is in these cases.

We have info, though:

http://radio.uchile.cl/2016/01/17/d...-del-agua-que-consume-la-region-metropolitana

So we have Alto Maipo with that contamination in the place where the event that you mention is triggered with a simple rain (remember, this originated on friday, not saturday).

The official statement of Aguas Andinas is that "high turbidity" cannot be fought with, so they have to cut the supply in 27 comunas of Santiago.

Which, to various organizations, seems weird, seeing that other years we've had the same ammout of rain and in similar conditions, and it hasn't happened.

http://www.infogate.cl/2016/04/16/a...ple-lluvia-basta-para-provocar-un-mega-corte/

But in any case, with nature beign disturbed, of course things would be different this year. The river would not behave normally.

And I'm going full ancient aliens with this shit, but it does drives me crazy:

Timing's a weird thing sometimes. Just a few weeks ago, there was some question beign made about the partnership of Aguas Andinas and the company behind Alto Maipo, precisely one of the points was that of the water supply. Of course, everything was green lighted http://www.latercera.com/noticia/ne...convenio-entre-aguas-andinasy-aes-gener.shtml

And just thinking about Luksic beign behind CCU, Cachantun, and this causing a bottled water bonanza in supermarkets, makes me feel a little more biased into think that he just don't give a shit about all of this.

Of course, I could be wrong. But the corruption in this country is so high, specially with guys who practically owns the country like Andronico, makes me question all of this stuff.

Great points there.

Still, the target being sell more cachantun is the weak part. I can see the alto maipo relation there but, Luksic somehow wanting to up his sells on water with this kind of plan is still kinda tinfoil-hatty for me.

V1nC3nt

Cachantun theory

AXHBHMN.jpg

Great points there.

Still, the target being sell more cachantun is the weak part. I can see the alto maipo relation there but, Luksic somehow wanting to up his sells on water with this kind of plan is still kinda tinfoil-hatty for me.

Oh yeah, totally. It isn't the central part of what I'm saying, nor the target of it all, but just a recoil of the stuff happening, and that in the long run, why would he care if everything just benefits him?

The target is just build Alto Maipo, the rest doesn't matter because somehow they will get something.

A related TV moment:

http://www.eldinamo.cl/tech/2016/04/17/afectado-interrume-canal-13-luksic/

And the fucking reporter laughs at him.

Goli

Providencia resident here. This is kinda silly tbh, but not having access to water and electricity really makes you realise both are actually privileges.

I just took a shower and felt so happy by just having water poured on me. And then the thought of others who don't comes, and it's just awful. We may not be up to first world country standards but it sure beats whatever below a third world one is.

Also yay, they let me work from home today because lolnowater.

Yeah, but in the newspapers you only read the headline and that's it, whereas... if you're watching TV you're forced to watch all the crap :D

edoara

Neo Member
Any of you guys fan of Colemono? Great videogame stuff and dedication. I recommend it. Check it out.

I also recommend a new discovery of mine: Ovejas Mecánicas. Which is not only videogames, but also movies, series, wrestling and other stuff.

I think these kind of channels need some recognition, specially because they haven't reach a lot audience so far (probably because they cover what nowadays is niche material).

Robaperas

Any of you guys fan of Colemono? Great videogame stuff and dedication. I recommend it. Check it out.

I also recommend a new discovery of mine: Ovejas Mecánicas. Which is not only videogames, but also movies, series, wrestling and other stuff.

I think these kind of channels need some recognition, specially because they haven't reach a lot audience so far (probably because they cover what nowadays is niche material).

I used to listen to the Podcast Sin Hogar, but the 4to medio humour started to grate me after a while. Good thing that Hayama can also be listened to through Gamercafe.

I remember that guy (colemono), he was a little obnoxious in the past but his videos are well produced and looks like he improved a lot, subscribed to support.

Goli

In general I find all gaming youtubers obnoxious but I find Chilean ones even more so. It's a little weird to have someone play a game and be all 'weon la wea', so to speak, at least to me.

Adnor

Banned
I don't think I've seen any chilean youtuber besides Vardoc, and that was ages ago and only because he's temuquense.

Sometimes I'd like to do a comicbook podcast but then I remember I sound like I have 12 years.

Anyone can explain how feriados work in Chile? Specifically working on a day where it is feriado. Is it double your normal wage for that day or what? I worked both feriados in may and I feel like I'm missing some money for those days, but I want to understand it first before I bring it up with my boss.

Also, are we ever going to do a meetup? Anyone in La Serena?

Anyone can explain how feriados work in Chile? Specifically working on a day where it is feriado. Is it double your normal wage for that day or what? I worked both feriados in may and I feel like I'm missing some money for those days, but I want to understand it first before I bring it up with my boss.

No expert here, but you should be getting paid as if these were extra hours, which should be 50% more than the normal rate. This is what remember from helping an accountant some years ago, so again no expert.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Not sure if it has been posted but anyway, Evangelion OP x Casado con Hijos = A national treasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quPb8buOwSY

You should get extra money for holiday work, yeah. Usually the rate is doubled but can change depending on your contract.

LTTP answer here, but you're supposedly allowed to choose between:

A) Being paid extra for those days of work.

B) Those days being returned as a free day in the lapse of I think a year.

Normally, the employer choose without asking, and normally is the free day.

Weeena cabros. Recién no más me activaron la cuenta en GAF, pero llevo tiempo leyéndolos. xD

Anyway, if anyone wants a meetup or something in southern Chile, be my guest, as I'm currently living in Valdivia (but soon moving to Angol).

Welcome dude! Gaf is amazing.

I've realized lately that, as i get older i start to dislike rainy days :/ it's an awful feeling.

Guys, I want to build a new PC, but god damn is it expensive in this side of the world.

I don't want to spend more than 400 lucas on it, any suggestion where to build it, or where to buy the pieces so I can get the most out of my money ?

PCFactory is kind of expensive, but they have a good range of products. Though, I gotta say, I do not know very much of this world, I've been a console guy all of my life pretty much, but I need a good PC not just to play, but to work in different stuff I want to do.

So if you know something about it, I would like your help ! Thanks

Black_Red

Guys, I want to build a new PC, but god damn is it expensive in this side of the world.

I don't want to spend more than 400 lucas on it, any suggestion where to build it, or where to buy the pieces so I can get the most out of my money ?

PCFactory is kind of expensive, but they have a good range of products. Though, I gotta say, I do not know very much of this world, I've been a console guy all of my life pretty much, but I need a good PC not just to play, but to work in different stuff I want to do.

Use solotodo to compare prices in hardware adn then google each store to check if it's good (usually CHW have threads with opinions for every store), and usually infor-ingen is one of the cheapest stores and they have no problems with warranty.

A cheap build would be something like this:
PSU (40.000): http://www.solotodo.com/products/15384-evga-500w-100-w1-0500-kr-500-w/
RAM (30.000)http://www.solotodo.com/products/15622-kingston-hyperx-fury-blue-hx316c10f4-1-x-4gb-dimm-ddr3-1600/ (2 of those)
CPU: (93.000) http://www.solotodo.com/products/20199-intel-core-i3-4170-bx80646i34170/
Mobo: (35.000) http://www.solotodo.com/products/11593-msi-h81m-e33/
HDD (40.000): http://www.solotodo.com/products/6476-western-digital-blue-1-tb-wd10ezex/

So around 250 lucas (and a case), the your VGA would depend on what you want to play, RX480 and GTX 1060 should come soon, around 200 lucas (that's what I'm waiting for and I have that build), BUT i would try to increase the budget a little and going for a 600W PSU (since im not really sure if that PSU can handle the RX480) and a i5 CPU (around 60.000 more).

No expert here, but you should be getting paid as if these were extra hours, which should be 50% more than the normal rate. This is what remember from helping an accountant some years ago, so again no expert.

Not sure if it has been posted but anyway, Evangelion OP x Casado con Hijos = A national treasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quPb8buOwSY

You should get extra money for holiday work, yeah. Usually the rate is doubled but can change depending on your contract.

LTTP answer here, but you're supposedly allowed to choose between:

A) Being paid extra for those days of work.

B) Those days being returned as a free day in the lapse of I think a year.

Normally, the employer choose without asking, and normally is the free day.
Thanks guys. Yeah I got extra days off this month instead of extra money. I guess it kind of equals the same thing.

I'm trying to get a normal bank account here and its fucking tough. I have a cuentarut but opening any type of non cuentarut for a foreigner (even native Chileans?) seems overly difficult. I have amazing credit in my home country but doesn't mean jack shit here.

I just want Spotify premium but can't pay with a cuentarut. Need a Chilean credit card. Its much cheaper monthly here (3.000) than changing my location and subscribing with my Canadian card ($10 a month)

May have to go the pituto route and ask a friend who works at bancochile to help me or wait till I qualify.

Thanks guys. Yeah I got extra days off this month instead of extra money. I guess it kind of equals the same thing.

I'm trying to get a normal bank account here and its fucking tough. I have a cuentarut but opening any type of non cuentarut for a foreigner (even native Chileans?) seems overly difficult. I have amazing credit in my home country but doesn't mean jack shit here.

I just want Spotify premium but can't pay with a cuentarut. Need a Chilean credit card. Its much cheaper monthly here (3.000) than changing my location and subscribing with my Canadian card ($10 a month)

May have to go the pituto route and ask a friend who works at bancochile to help me or wait till I qualify.

Yup, one of the most important things in Chile is that either you get easy stuff with pitutos, or go through hell to get them. Banks, credits, and stuff are really weird. If you are in the middle class, you won't get any help from the government, and the banks will not cooperate. The financial Limbo that has so many people in high debts

DMNBT

Neo Member
Uh, since when has this topic been here? Sure don't remember seeing it when doing a search in the site!

Robaperas

2nd hand parts are almost always the best bet, check CHW for PC's at really affordable prices.

Adnor

Banned
Yeah, I haven't used it, but for what I understand CHW is one of the best places to buy used computer parts because people there know what they're selling and buying so the prices aren't as bad as Yapo's or Deremate's.

Also I hate that SoloHardware became SoloTodo, it's more bothersome to search a specific product..

Top Bottom