• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christopher Nolan to direct WWII film "Dunkirk", shot in IMAX 65mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB1981

Saw the new trailer before Guardians. Trailer was ok. Swear to god you couldn't hear a fucking thing the characters were saying in the trailer LOL and this wasn't a problem with the other trailers screened. The cinematography was absolutely spectacular though.

DMczaf

https://www.reddit.com/r/Filmmakers/comments/6cqfx4/just_got_the_70mm_in_for_dunkirk/dhx0zzi/

Just got the 70mm in for Dunkirk

p4mqj_Ia4C2NkQFCzUArDsfn0BYOsq1it0gTiybHKy4.jpg

My friend is one of the hired projectionists, he posted this to help us out:

"IMAX just gave me the list of theaters that are being equipped with 15/70 projectors for Dunkirk. Let me know if you have any questions."

Metreon 16 with IMAX & ETX San Francisco CA
Citywalk Stadium 19 with IMAX Universal City CA
Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX New York NY
Cinemark 17 + IMAX (Webb Chapel) Dallas TX
Scotiabank Theatre Chinook 16 + IMAX Calgary AB
Esquire IMAX Sacramento CA
Providence Place 16 with IMAX Providence RI
Irvine Spectrum 21 + IMAX & RPX (Edwards-1010) Irvine CA
Hacienda Crossings Stadium 20 + IMAX Dublin CA
Colorado Center 9 + IMAX Denver CO
Mall Of Georgia Stadium 20 + IMAX Buford GA
King of Prussia Stadium + IMAX King of Prussia PA
Opry Mills Stadium 20 + IMAX Nashville TN
U.S. Space & Rocket Center IMAX Theatre Huntsville AL
Omni Theater Fort Worth TX
Tuttleman IMAX - Franklin Institute Philadelphia PA
IMAX Dome Theater Birmingham AL
Hackworth IMAX San Jose CA
SCI IMAX Dome Theater Des Moines IA
Great Clips IMAX Apple Valley MN
White River IMAX Indianapolis IN
OMNIMAX Theater - St Louis Sci Ctr St Louis MO
Kramer IMAX Theatre Regina SK
The Charlotte Observer OMNIMAX Theater - Discovery Pl Charlotte NC
Maryland IMAX Baltimore MD
Ontario Palace Stadium 22 + IMAX (Edwards-1026) Ontario CA
Scotiabank Edmonton Edmonton AB
Colossus Langley + IMAX Langley BC
Coliseum 12 Mississauga + IMAX Mississauga ON
Colossus 18 Woodbridge + IMAX (Vaughan) Woodbridge ON
Science Museum IMAX 3D Cinema London UK
Melbourne Museum IMAX Melbourne AU
KrungSri IMAX Paragon CinePlex Bangkok TH
Odeon Manchester IMAX @ The Printworks Manchester UK
SM Cinema Mall of Asia IMAX Theatre Manila PH
BFI IMAX London London UK
Oskar IMAX Palace Flora Prague CZ

Ashhong

Sometimes I love CA. 3 theaters within an hour of me all have it.

So every one of these theaters will have the same thing right? The only difference maybe being the theater size?

"Irvine Spectrum 21 + IMAX & RPX (Edwards-1010) Irvine CA"

Day 1 baby

Be there right with you

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
I love Nolan movies and am a huge WW2 buff. I've watched a million docos, band of brothers etc and been to a load of actual battlefields in France but I'm just not digging this at all.

The trailers I've seen just don't do it for me. I think it's missing something, it looks too "clean" if that makes any sense?

I dunno. Will wait and see I guess.

I love Nolan movies and am a huge WW2 buff. I've watched a million docos, band of brothers etc and been to a load of actual battlefields in France but I'm just not digging this at all.

The trailers I've seen just don't do it for me. I think it's missing something, it looks too "clean" if that makes any sense?

Could be on purpose. War is dirty. But maybe Nolan wanted to give the film a clean or pristine look to it. Something that's psychological to the viewer.

Preezy

This is pretty much how I feel about it all, just doesn't grab me like I thought it would.

How in the F they're not having the prologue experience in New Orleans with the D Day museum here is beyond me. Yes I know they're not the same thing but still. Yeesh

Llyranor

I just want to see the real Spitfires flying around.

DMczaf

From Total Film

It's a story Nolan describes as "very human" and "very unique." At under two hours, it could be Nolan's shortest film since Insomnia. "It's a very tight film," he says. "But it's intense." That intensity - as amplified by the multiple perspectives - is what the team hopes will make Dunkirk a universal experience that is more than a historical document. "We're trying to make something immediate, accessible and, hopefully, timeless," Nolan adds. It's that approach that makes Nolan see Dunkirk more as a survival story than as a war film - once again inverting genre expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom