• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coachella 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Judge

Explosions in the Sky, M83, Sebastian, Radiohead, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, David Guetta, Arctic Monkeys, Miike Snow... I wish I could go. :(

I wonder what The Weeknd will sound like on a big stage. Probably like shit lol; love his music but I'm not sure he can actually hit those notes live

strafer

854785.gif

iavi

I wonder what The Weeknd will sound like on a big stage. Probably like shit lol; love his music but I'm not sure he can actually hit those notes live

Yeah, he probably sounds like shit live. I'd love to see him just to say I did, but I'm not expecting much.

NGAMER9

Saturday is easily the best day, but still, some great bands on every day. Now to debate with myself on if I want to blow all my money on tickets.

Wow. Best lineup I have seen in a long time. I just don't see how bands like Mazzy Star and GYBE! fit into a massive festival setting though. Doesn't doesn't seem like the right atmosphere for their music.

They used to sell tickets on a per day basis. I believe it was last year, or within the last couple of years, that they changed so that one must buy an entire 3 day pass.

I've always wanted to go, but the costs are just too high. With Lodging and food/booze/fun it would easily be the most expensive weekend ever to see music.

Kaladin

The only act I would really care to see is Jimmy Cliff and Tim Armstrong. I'm not sure if they're touring for the EP they made together.

cacophony

Aren't Refused getting like 500k for this? lol I guess anyone can be bought

Also, ATDI? wtf didn't know they were reuniting. Black Keys headlining.. am I the only one who finds them insanely boring?

Atlagev

The *only* reason I want to go is to see Pulp. California GAFfers that have been to Coachella before, is there a cheap way to do this? How much are your expenses, usually?

The *only* reason I want to go is to see Pulp. California GAFfers that have been to Coachella before, is there a cheap way to do this? How much are your expenses, usually?

See my above post. There used to be "cheaper" ways of doing this. It's just flat out expensive now. Unless you can find someone selling portions of their 3 day passes online.

Friday:
Refused - GIRLS - Frank Ocean - W U LYF - Kendrick Lamar

Saturday:
Radiohead - Bon Iver - Jeff Mangum - Manchester Orchestra - Chidish Gambino

Sunday:
Dr. Dre & Snoop - At The Drive-In - the Weeknd

hmm..I got to see Refused and ATDI. Thats all I truly care about. I wish they did a tour together after or something.

I'd like to see:

Mazzy Star
M83
Godspeed You Black Emperor
Jeff Mangum
SBTRKT
The Weeknd
DJ Shadow

I don't want to see any of them surrounded by 100,000 people though.

Hopefully Mazzy Star and GYBE announce full tours soon.

feels weird having Black Keys and Snoop and Dre headlining. Black Keys were really good last year, but I don't know if they're headlining status. Should be Justice first night, Radiohead second, and Kanye/Jay-Z third imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom