• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coca-Cola Zero To Be Replaced With Zero Sugar In U.S.

trembli0s

Coke Zero was the first diet cola that tasted more or less like the stuff I'd been drinking. It helped me wean myself off sugared drinks. Today I drink whatever diet cola is available, but I still prefer Pepsi Max and Coke Zero, since they taste closer to sugared colas.

In my opinion, Coke Zero Sugar tastes much, much closer to sugared colas than either of those. It's sweeter and smoother than Coke Zero or Pepsi Max, and the only downside is a minor, different aftertaste than what I'm used to with diet drinks.

I'm impressed, and plan to buy a case once it becomes available (I've only seen single bottles in coolers so far).

Agreed, finally bought some at the store and I am very impressed with the taste.

Thought it tasted terrible I guess I'll covert over to buying more pepsi max/zero sugar which I prefer to this new coke flavor.

Occam

I'm sort of with EmCee but with a more positive anecdote. Bought a six pack thinking it was Coke Zero but my first sip made me check the bottle because I thought I had accidentally bought regular Coke.

I'm a convert.

Heh, the same thing happened to me. When I first had Coke Zero Sugar (with ice, in a glass), I thought I made a mistake and went back to the fridge to check the bottle.

All this panic was completely unnecessary, I tried to tell y'all months ago when Coke Zero Sugar was first mentioned on NeoGAF.

Xe4

Banned
I can't stand the way aspartame tastes, it's so bitter. The more a diet soda tries to hide it the better it will taste. So if it hides the taste even more than Zero, I'm game.

WIll it cause strokes like the internet says diet sodas do and stuff?
No, that's a myth. Any soda that did that would be banned pretty quickly.

I can't stand the way aspartame tastes, it's so bitter. The more a diet soda tries to hide it the better it will taste. So if it hides the taste even more than Zero, I'm game.

No, that's a myth. Any soda that did that would be banned pretty quickly.

It's not a myth, it's just not as common as the internet would have you believe. Case in point, I almost got killed due to an allergic reaction from Coke Zero

EYEL1NER

It's popping up more and more places? Aw fuck, I was just at the store earlier and passed up the last Vanillia Cole Zero in favor of some Diet Cherry Dr Pepper. I hope I don't end up regretting that. Luckily I've got some Cherry Coke Zero in the fridge. If I wind up hating Coke Zero Sugar, I at least will still have Best Choice Diet Cream Soda and Diet Code Red Mt Dew to drink, along with the aforementioned Diet Cherry Dr Pepper.

It's popping up more and more places? Aw fuck, I was just at the store earlier and passed up the last Vanillia Cole Zero in favor of some Diet Cherry Dr Pepper. I hope I don't end up regretting that. Luckily I've got some Cherry Coke Zero in the fridge. If I wind up hating Coke Zero Sugar, I at least will still have Best Choice Diet Cream Soda and Diet Code Red Mt Dew to drink, along with the aforementioned Diet Cherry Dr Pepper.

There's a Diet Code Red Mt. Dew?!? Where do they sell that?!?

EYEL1NER

There's a Diet Code Red Mt. Dew?!? Where do they sell that?!?
Lol, every time I mention Diet Code Red, someone quotes me and is like "What?! Where?!" It must be extremely regional. I can find it here in 12-pks in the Midlands/Sumter-area of South Carolina. Never seen it in a bottle though. I primarily buy it at a local Walmart because it is usually sold out whenever I am looking at a supermarket. So we've got Diet Code Red here, which is great, but there are other regions with their own treasures too. Like last time I was back home in Missouri, I discovered that Pibb Zero was a thing. Pibb Ultra is really rare here, but I've never seen Pibb Zero in the South and I would love to drink it.

Here's a pic I just snapped of it in the kitchen for you:
tDyrlFR.jpg

What ingredient cause the reaction?

The doctors couldn't figure it out, there's not really a test you can do. All they could do was look at the ingredient list and see what's different between regular Coke, which is fine for me. So the only thing they could say is that aspartame must be involved. On the other hand, not all things with aspartame seems to affect me. So it's something about the specific recipe of Coke Zero.

It always upset my stomach, but sometimes more than others. And it would start within minutes of drinking a Coke Zero, sometimes immediately. But one time it upset my stomach so bad I straight up fainted while doing 60 on the highway. It ended much better than it should have, given that I'm still here.

So I'm approaching Coke Zero Sugar cautiously. Only drinking it at home when i have no plans, until I'm confident that it's ok with me

That's not a stroke
Fair enough, but he did say "and stuff" :)

Lol, every time I mention Diet Code Red, someone quotes me and is like "What?! Where?!" It must be extremely regional. I can find it here in 12-pks in the Midlands/Sumter-area of South Carolina. Never seen it in a bottle though. I primarily buy it at a local Walmart because it is usually sold out whenever I am looking at a supermarket. So we've got Diet Code Red here, which is great, but there are other regions with their own treasures too. Like last time I was back home in Missouri, I discovered that Pibb Zero was a thing. Pibb Ultra is really rare here, but I've never seen Pibb Zero in the South and I would love to drink it.

Here's a pic I just snapped of it in the kitchen for you:

Wow, so it is real! Thanks for the pic. I just have to hope it comes to Texas!

Diet Mountain Dew Code Red is the best. I used to be able to find it in southern Alabama and in Mississippi around Jackson, but the last couple of times I've driven through those parts it was nowhere to be found.

I loved that stuff when it first came out and was distributed nationwide. Bummed that my previous places seem to be no longer carrying it.

Top Bottom