• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coca-Cola redesigns Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Coke Life cans/bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guevara

355ml_cans_onebrand_lineup.jpg

8oz_glass_(one_brand)_line_up.jpg

As Coke tries to convince customers to drink more soda, the company is completely changing the looks of some of its most famous beverages.

Coca-Cola announced on Monday that cans and bottles of Coca-Cola, Coke Zero, Diet Coke, and Coke Life are getting a makeover. Starting in Mexico and rolling out in additional markets throughout 2016 and 2017, packaging will now feature a large red disk on the label of each brand.

http://www.businessinsider.com/diet-coke-can-becomes-unrecognizable-2016-4

Just put a red circle on it, if old.

I'm surprised the stevia fad has continued on this long. I thought for sure Coca-Cola Life would have been dead by now but apparently they are keeping it in their main line indefinitely

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The new designs don't look bad, but they are very confusing. They all look pretty similar, which of course is the idea, but that could get people to buy the wrong product.

EDIT: thinking about it, the cans are actually kinda ugly. The bottles are OK.

What's the difference between Diet Coke and Coke Zero? Aren't they both just Coke with an artificial sweetener instead of sugar?

Guess Who

Banned
What's the difference between Diet Coke and Coke Zero? Aren't they both just Coke with an artificial sweetener instead of sugar?

Combination of slightly different formulation (Coke Zero is Coke-ier tasting, Diet Coke has its own taste) and marketing strategy (men are turned off by "diet" branding).

They have to know they're just going to get complaints again because they look too similar. Someone already posted the white regular Coke can issue.

Coke Life tastes alright for the first few seconds but is quickly followed by a vile aftertaste that takes a bit to go away. They should have cancelled the line long ago.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Mixing the colours is horrible. They spent so much advertising the current ones in the UK, I can't see them changing.

1427728207071.jpg

Combination of slightly different formulation (Coke Zero is Coke-ier tasting, Diet Coke has its own taste) and marketing strategy (men are turned off by "diet" branding).

I suspected this was part of the reason. Might also explain why it's being rebranded as Coke Light. Men don't seem to be turned off by "light" branding, as beers like Bud Light, Miller Lite, and Coors Light are the most popular ones in America.

Maengun1

That red is already messing with me. I'm so used to the all-black and all-silver cans as a diet soda drinker.

The bottle label design looks much better.

NYR

Coke = Red

Pepsi = Blue

I can see what they are doing, Coke Zero being a black can wasn't tying into their brand image, so unifying makes sense, but this design is pretty average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom