• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coke Zero Is Dead. Long Live 'Coca-Cola No Sugar'

LoveCake

Just had my first taste.

Been a zero drinker for a while.

Fuck Coke Zero. This is the real deal.

Now where's my Vanilla version?

I hope so, I went from normal coke to Diet coke to coke Zero, I don't really like the taste of normal coke, it's way too sweet and heavy to me.

I have not yet had the chance to try coke No Sugar, I did try that coke Life but I didn't like it very much.

I do really like Zero Vanilla though, so the better do that, if I don't like No Sugar then I will just go to Diet.

Had some the other day I was shocked in how it tasted exactly like coke until you poured it over ice or let it get close to room temp, or reseal for later.

Honestly, it is a great success unfortunately a lot of Diet sodas I can't really drink anymore because they fuck my stomach up real bad.

KHarvey16

Tried the new one today. As a Diet Coke drinker, this is much better than Coke Zero. It's similar to the old but still much improved to the point I won't be incredibly disappointed if it's available and Diet isn't.

And yes anyone who thinks Diet Coke and either this or Coke Zero tastes the same or even similar is bad at tasting things.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Anyone who claims it tastes like Diet Coke has faulty taste buds.

Indeed. Very different in taste and aftertaste. It's like a regular coke without the sugary coat in your mouth afterwards. But also without that metallic Zero taste.

kaskade

Had it for the first time today. I do think it’s better. Tastes more like regular coke at the front end then I taste more of the classic Coke Zero aftertaste which I’m guessing is probably the artificial sweetener. I dig it.

Durden77

Just picked this up for the first time. Damn, it's good. Think this is the first diet drink I'll actually fully give up the original for. Cool.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It's way better than the old Coke Zero.

People who said it tastes the same and just a placebo are fucking cray.

Shit tastes way more like regular Coke.

Diablos

Indeed. Very different in taste and aftertaste. It's like a regular coke without the sugary coat in your mouth afterwards. But also without that metallic Zero taste.
Exactly.

It's better than Coke Zero and vastly superior to Diet Coke. Why do they even still sell that trash?

Durden77

It's way better than the old Coke Zero.

People who said it tastes the same and just a placebo are fucking cray.

Shit tastes way more like regular Coke.

Definitely. The Coke Zero "bite" here is now so small it's hardly noticeable. It's way more smooth in the way that regular Coke is.

Unlike many in here, I'm an avid regular Coke drinker, and generally hate diet drinks. (Coke Zero was manageable though) But this shit is on another level. This is actually good in the ways I like regular Coke.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
What little coke-like taste disappears in a second that it is almost mind boggling. Coke No Sugar basically just tastes like carbonated water, and if I wanted to drink carbonated water, I'd drink carbonated water.

KHarvey16

What little coke-like taste disappears in a second that it is almost mind boggling. Coke No Sugar basically just tastes like carbonated water, and if I wanted to drink carbonated water, I'd drink carbonated water.

Something is wrong with your mouth.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Can we just replace sucralose with everything that uses sugar (no maltodextrin and/or dextrose additives)? Everything. (And I'm not making a breaking Bad reference here, it's gotta be better for us than sugar.)

I lost 20 lbs just by taking sugar out of my tea. Changing nothing else in my diet.

Top Bottom