• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Columbia University invites Ahmadinejad to Speak on Campus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
IMG_1644.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

Y2Kev

HomShaBom said:
nice pics, thx, any of security?

Right now there are regular CU officials standing at the gates checking CUIDs...normally you can enter without an ID. Other than that, I don't see any elevated security actually.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
APF said:
Does that sign say, "Lets bomb gays and lesbians of Iran" ??

That's how I saw it too. Maybe we can't see the "not". Actually if you look close you can make out a bit of a letter next to "Let's".

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Y2Kev, those are great pics! I so wish I could be at the event but your pics are the next best thing.

Y2Kev

"All religions believe in beauty and goodness"
"They all come from the same place"
"they are all brothers"

WTF

"Justice and friendship"

SAY SOMETHING STUPID

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I would just like to say Thank You for the pictures
Very interesting to see the differing opinions.

Sule said:
Ahmadinejad... moderate... realistic.... does not compute, heads explode.

He has some very extreme views (see holocaust)
However, he is not totally insane.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Suikoguy said:

Are you sure? For about a week straight, the NY Daily News has been telling me there's a "madman in our midst" and then they show pictures of him. Plus today they printed a reader letter saying he should be set afire and pushed out of a plane just to show him what 9/11 was like. Surely he must be insane to warrant such insanity.

Y2Kev said:

:lol oh god (the Halo comments are near the end of that vid btw)

I am encouraged by some of the comments on the campus -- and that most seem in favor of having him speak and be questioned. I'm also encouraged by a lot of the plackards and posters Y2Kev has captured... some for, some against.

The reader letter Bob_Arctor is talking about... pushing him out of a plane to show him what 9/11 is like? Iran condemmed 9/11. Somehow, people have gotten the impression Iran are involved the same way Iraq was somehow tied to this whole mess of a war on Terror.

Sule

Suikoguy said:

I agree. I think the image that has been created by the Western media is false and only serves the US/UK/other countries that want to invade Iran.

Also, I too would like to thank Y2Kev for the pictures :) It's very interesting to see what's happening there and reading all the banners etc.

I look forward to reading from any GAF members that are attending the speech. Anybody prepared/submitted questions?

APF

bob_arctor said:
No, he's not. Look at it again:

http://www.catanzareti.com/images/Kevin/ahmad/IMG_1653.jpg

There's the outline of a letter next to "Let's". Can easily be an N.
Clearly it says, lets NOW bomb them.

Actually, looking at the other sign you're probably right. Seemed really weird though, I thought an actual pro-Ahmadinejad protester had broken through the ranks, rather than a GLB anti-fictitious-war-with-Iran protester.

Sule said:
I agree. I think the image that has been created by the Western media is false and only serves the US/UK/other countries that want to invade Iran.
Oh, I thought the point was to hear a dissenting voice...? I think you're right though, his speaking engagement here certainly reveals propaganda at work.

Eric P

APF said:
Oh, I thought the point was to hear a dissenting voice...? I think you're right though, his speaking engagement here certainly reveals propaganda at work.

and there it is!

the apf i have come to love.

Y2Kev

Took me about a half hour to cross the street.

photos coming

but im in class

so gimme a min

YakiSOBA

theres something about ahmadinejad thats always made me a bit sympathetic to the guy... not sure why.. he just *looks* like your mr. nice guy i guess =/

Forsete

Gold Member
YakiSOBA said:
theres something about ahmadinejad thats always made me a bit sympathetic to the guy... not sure why.. he just *looks* like your mr. nice guy i guess =/

Same for me.. And he seems to be quite smart, going by his 60 minutes interview and the short clips they have aired on CNN today.

fucking owned

What happened?

Y2Kev

He finished “I doubt that you will have the intellectual courage to answer these question … I expect you to exibit the fanatical mindset.” He finished by saying that he hopes Ahmadinejad is removed from power.

holy shit :lol

bollinger more like ballsinger

Y2Kev

He also talked about the Nuclear problem - the problem, he said, is that the West made a bomb in the first place. This was a misuse of scientists.

fair point

besada

Banned
Did she just say a hysterical event referring to the holocaust?

Edit: the next time she said historical, but the the first time she said hysterical. Oops.

Y2Kev said:
He also talked about the Nuclear problem - the problem, he said, is that the West made a bomb in the first place. This was a misuse of scientists.

fair point

Wasn't the Manhattan Project a rush project to catch up to a rumor that the Germans were pursuing the creation of a nuclear weapon? I didn't think it was an original idea in and of itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom