• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Calcium

Banned
Just read the first two issues of God of Thunder. Aaron may be turning me into a Thor fan. I'm frightened.

Just read the first two issues of God of Thunder. Aaron may be turning me into a Thor fan. I'm frightened.

That's such a great story. I'm insanely jealous. Definitely one of those "if I could erase this from my memory to experience it again for the first time I would even if I forgot a whole bunch of other stuff too it would be worth it" stories.

Calcium

Banned
That's such a great story. I'm insanely jealous. Definitely one of those "if I could erase this from my memory to experience it again for the first time I would even if I forgot a whole bunch of other stuff too it would be worth it" stories.

Damn, that is high praise. Now I'm really looking forward to continuing. If only I didn't need to do stuff like sleep.

VanWinkle

Finally got a comic book poster in my office and I LOVE it.

pjBAfJQ.jpg

Tallied up my comic book count for the year. I'm at 317. So not as far as I estimated. Guess I'd need to pick up the pace to hit 1K, but I like to make it happen organically.

/theydidthemath

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So I got a little project for you peeps soon. I think. To be continued

Uncanny Inhumans and Captain Marvel

I wish Civil War II tie-ins were there own mini series because these issues were so boring and dumb. Captain Marvel I sorta expect, it wasn't that good to begin with.

But Uncanny just has hit a new low after continuously dropping in quality since the first arc.

Ugh, what a dreadful followup to Secret War.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Its not comics related, its a personal issue that might not pan out hence the "to be continued"

Actually technically it is comic related

mreddie

I wish Civil War II tie-ins were there own mini series because these issues were so boring and dumb. Captain Marvel I sorta expect, it wasn't that good to begin with.

But Uncanny just has hit a new low after continuously dropping in quality since the first arc.

Inhumans was okay if only because Lockjaw is dope.
STARK DICK PICS

Cap Marvel was kinda pointless.

Boogiepop

I'm pretty sure I'm just naturally crushing more than 1000 issues in a year, because I'm doing about a trade a night...

Also, halfway through X-men Legacy (the Legion run), really enjoying it.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I probably came close to 1000 issues last year catching up on all those Image titles, plus Secret Wars, plus the DC stuff I read.

But between my Image buys and MU I'm probably only reading about 10-12 books a week. So I won't even get close.

Rhaknar

Oh by the way I went to the doctor yesterday and read some offline comics in the waiting room. And since I only keep shit in the offline section on MU (shit I dont care about not reading on a tablet at least), here is my shit report:

Star Lord #1-2 - oh this is a origin thing? Ok... that was mediocre as expected but not exactly awful ir anything. Im a sucker for space pirates and this has plenty.

Ultimate End #5 - lol. Fuck you Bendis. And make more splash pages with nothing but faces because only 7 or 8 full pages isnt enough. You hack.

Howling Commandos of Shield #2 - I dont care about anything or anyone in this book :/ the whole thing feels like a missed opportunity.

Guardians of the Galaxy #2 - a female kree accuser kicks their asses. Thats about it, its actually ok-ish. Bad choice to read on the phone since 90% of it is splash pages (fu Bendis)

Web Warriors #1 - this was super fun and I enjoyed it a lot. Great art too.

VanWinkle

I'm well over 500 issues in this year. Probably 700 or so. I haven't really kept count but I counted the OHCs and omnis I've read which was over 400 issues, and then I've read plenty of trades.

Marvel needs an enema. Like immediately.

TheFlow

Banned
I heard he falls off after his uncanny run but, this uncanny run is the best I have read involving mutants outside x-static.

Rhaknar

Aaron the goat. I need another Aaron/Bachalo joint one day

Rhaknar

it would be sick if they did a doctor strange ongoing together

...I totally forgot Strange was a Aaron thing. Dont judge man ive been working 2 weeks straight with no days off its been hectic ;_;

Uncanny Inhumans #11 - The Inhumans do not fuck around!

Also
Maximus!
People fuck with the Inhumans and get surprised when they fuck with them back. Everyone was surprised during Atlantis Rising. The humans were surprised during the siege on Attilan after Atlantis Rising and again during Silent War (though that time it was the USA). The Skrull were shook after Secret Invasion and the Shi'ar got rocked in the wake. Thanos had a "WTF?" moment during Infinity after the bomb was set off, and literally no one was prepared for them after the establishment of New Attilan post-T-Bomb.
Like, what did Stark and the rest expect? History to not repeat itself? Please.
Man, I loved that Uncanny team when I was a kid. I can vividly remember the day my brother bought me this out of the blue for no reason.

Blew my fucking mind.
AMAZING. One of my favorite teams.
messi is a lot like raph. they always leave then come back later to apart of the team

latest
Leo did that shit a lot too.
Ewww, World War Hulk was garbage
Yes it was. Aside from a couple cool spreads during the fight with Sentry and the moment where Ben Grimm steps up and is like, "I'm probably gonna die, but someone has to stop this motherfucker," that book is terrible.
Inhumans was okay if only because Lockjaw is dope.
STARK DICK PICS

Cap Marvel was kinda pointless.
Maximus been calling that shit since day one. He keeps repeating, but nobody listens.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Ex Machina is such a cock tease, they're gonna wait until the last issue to
explain what gave him his powers and for 9/11 to happen...

Very enjoyable, though.

Captain America: Steve Rogers #2
I actually really liked the twist and the motives behind if. I'm always a fan of long cons. My problem is that the reveal os way too fucking early. They should have played with it for longer. Otherwise I'm still enjoying the book. Also enjoyed the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. reference. Also,
what's the whole "banana" thing about? AIM?
All-New All-Different Avengers #11

l0xHdfd.gif

Black Panther #3
This book continues to be nothing less than fascinating to me. Both from a political standpoint, character standpoint, mythological standpoint, and just the fucking art. Still a great book.

Mindwipe

Oh by the way I went to the doctor yesterday and read some offline comics in the waiting room. And since I only keep shit in the offline section on MU (shit I dont care about not reading on a tablet at least), here is my shit report:

Ultimate End #5 - lol. Fuck you Bendis. And make more splash pages with nothing but faces because only 7 or 8 full pages isnt enough. You hack.

Yeah, holy shit was Ultimate End bad. So insultingly bad.

Ive read the first three Issues of Hickman New Avengers last night and shit was it amazing.

Damn straight. You have the god
-Doom
tier run coming up.

Top Bottom