• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz 2 breaks PPV record, biggest fight in MMA history

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUME5

A non title fight headlining their biggest PPV, merit now dropping further down the list in the mind of the match makers.

Was a good card and a great fight though, so I'm not hating.

I'd get my face smashed like Nate did for 13mill. Good for him.

Third match is going to do monster numbers since its 1-1 and then Nate can retire.

I can't see either of the Diaz brothers retiring by choice.

Acorn

Wonder how much Brock added to the card. Probably should of broken the record anyway but I'm curious to see if Brocks still that big of a draw by himself.

It is why Aldo wants another shot. Conor makes it red panty night for everyone.

Yep everyone wants to fight him which I can't blame them. You fight McGregor and win or lose you are freaking rich

Wonder how much Brock added to the card. Probably should of broken the record anyway but I'm curious to see if Brocks still that big of a draw by himself.

Brock wasn't on the card. This was 100% Conor and Nate

Conner literally added two zeros to Nate's pay. He was probably pulling 100K if he was lucky before Conner.

Nathaniel was making like 30/40k to show per fight before Conrad. Criminal that he they were lowballing him so much. He's always been a character for me, even before I was invested in the UFC.

As expected.

We really do need a dedicated MMA thread. Who's making one?

It is why Aldo wants another shot. Conor makes it red panty night for everyone.

Well that, but I think no small part of it is a desire to avenge his humiliating 13 second KO loss.

I think Aldo is the more complete fighter, but he doesn't have McGregor's power or boxing, so I would definitely be interested in seeing an actual fight this time around.

Aldo's earned it. Dude is easily in the Top 3 P4P fighters in the sport and went undefeated for 10 years. Dude should have had an immediate rematch, but I think it's better it's been left to marinate for a while.

Nathaniel was making like 30/40k to show per fight before Conrad. Criminal that he they were lowballing him so much. He's always been a character for me, even before I was invested in the UFC.

From what I recall, Nate's agent had his contract front loaded. At the time Nate was on a 3 fight win streak and set to fight Benson Henderson for the title. If he won that fight he'd get a new contract but since he was up for renewal anyway, his agent pushed for a front loaded contract whereby he'd be making less after an initial payment of, I believe, 500K.

I've got to look this up and source it properly, but I believe that was the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom