• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating-Age |OT3| Positivity, Confidence, and Not Being a "Nice" Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come to think of it I think I may be bipolar. It helps explain why I always go overboard in a relationship if I think it's going well... And feel like killing myself when it's not.

Minamu

The thing is I believe I know the main issue with Robin. I've been moving too fast. It wasn't just Saturday. I've been moving too fast since the start of the relationship. As a result things have been up and down since the beginning.

I'm going to let things simmer for a week. No texts, no calls. I haven't communicated to her since the breakup call.

Next Sunday I'll give her one last chance. I'll just call and say I'm going to an Angels game next week with a friend and I have an extra ticket and she's free to join.

If she agrees, fine, and I'll take things much slower. If not, then fine, it's over.

Edit - the reason for the date idea is it won't seem like a date. It'll seem more friendly. I want to make it as stress free as possible.
What? Man, she broke up with you, that much is clear. From the convo you posted, it was a fairly clean break, even if it was one sided. Don't make it any worse. If anything, she will be giving you another chance but that seems unlikely. Just don't do it. Excuse the pun but this is a slippery slope. Just let it her go man.

OK GAF I need support

I am going to be 29 in a month and haven't been on a date in about 4 years, before I started working full time. I shared many issues that people here have with girls. Now I am at the end of a 1 month internship. During the internship I met this girl. We have decent conversation from family to work (we go to different schools but study the same subject). Now her look is average at best but she has amazing personality. I am thinking of asking her out tomorrow. Reading between the lines I don't think she has a boyfriend. I figure if she said no I would only have to see her for 2 more days.

Do it! You'll kick yourself if you chicken out. Just go out there and do it.

Tex117

Banned
Slippery Slope.

Don't do it. DO NOT CONTACT HER IN ANYWAY.

Its not like in one week she is going to think to herself "whew, Im glad I have an opportunity to get back together with him AFTER I broke it off with him." Especailly if you are right about you moving too fast. No way. It will be weeks after if she is to contact you, but I would operate under the assumption that she wont.

She knows where to find you if she wants to see you.

low-G

On the subject of dating environment: I'm very happy that I'm in college because of all the eye candy... but I just can't find anyone who's attracted to me. Being 23, a non-(weed) smoker, more emotionally mature, and a careful approach to life makes me extremely at odds with most people at this party school.

I know I'm never going to be around as many beautiful girls as I am right now... but it's like it's all for naught, seeing as I can't find anyone compatible or interested in me. :\

Did you ever try being stupid, not really stupid, but just a little? Sometimes I think 'maturity' is an excuse, it was with me for sure. Not saying necessarily you should smoke weed, but a party with attractive women feels good. Yeah, drinking is dumb and it sucks but whatever a few drinks aren't going to kill you (well, at least if you're smart about it).

Every time I go down that hole of stupidity I have a good time. Maybe that's just my adaptive nature, but it's thinking you're 'above' 'wiser' 'more mature' and all that which will limit you in many ways.

I'm a certified genius and if I went on my feelings of how much less intelligent everyone is than me (which pops into my mind often), I would be even more miserable than I am all of the time.

If it helps imagine you're participating in a cavemen rite of passage and they're bringing you into their clan, because really that's what it is.

Well you can’t make a second first impression. That fucked up way in which your friend introduced you was (unfortunately) your first impression. And if you talked to her that many times (in person) and she liked you, she would have given you something to work with. It honestly sounds like she isn't interested and you’re getting into stalker territory by keep going at it like this. And before you say “but we’re talking on Facebook!” Well… That doesn’t really mean shit. If she isn’t acknowledging you in person she could just like the attention you’re giving her, OR your friend zoned. I’m not trying to rain on your parade I’m just telling you what’s likely* happening because I've had this situation before. On the off chance I’m wrong I hope y’all meet up for coffee or something and you can see where it really goes. Also your two friends are assholes.

We're all in on this relationship >< Haven't stopped talking, haven't stopped being saccharine sweet to one another. We met, but two of my friends that we didn't want to know what was going yet were there...but right afterward me and her were texting how much we wanted to hold hands/kiss goodbye and stuff :D

low-G

Agreed, but why girls can't force it into their head that men would rather be leveled with instead of "spared feelings" is beyond me.

The vast majority of men Im willing to bet would much rather be...hey, the distance is too much and I don't feel that Im close to you. Or, look, Im just not that into you anymore.

Guys, can swallow that and move on.

The ambigious bs is what drives us all nuts.

I think a lot of times the girl doesn't really know. I've talked to different girls about me, about their friends, about their boyfriends. I haven't ever received a clear 'man-answer' from any woman ever about any person-issue. They don't think like that, period. Or if they do I've never met one that does.

Furthermore, guys usually just think they know how they feel about things and why, but they usually don't either. Just guys get into the whole 'I know' where girls are more 'I think' or 'I feel'. It helps if you question yourself and your logic, you might learn something about what you really want. I've learned a lot but I know there's a lot more about myself I don't know.

Sarye

It is more difficult, but if you aren't the one into it, it is more merciful.

To say "i don't know", or "I'll think about it" or whatever...is not not fair. It not only leaves the dumpee being confused, it keeps them wondering what they did wrong...yada yada...and further and more nefariously it keeps the dumper on the dumpee's radar. Keeps the dumpee in the back pocket of the dumper.

It is cleaner and more honest to make a clean break. Go no contact. And move it on down the line.
Oh believe me, I agree. I am very blunt and would rather be upfront and honest about things rather than be indecisive and lead people on. I do hate it when girls do that... But I'm just rationalizing out why it does happen in the first place.

Come to think of it I think I may be bipolar. It helps explain why I always go overboard in a relationship if I think it's going well... And feel like killing myself when it's not.

How can you think or make a post like this and consider yourself ready to date or fall in love? I hate to be this blunt about it but this is what I meant pages back about Depression Age coming before Dating Age.

Hello.

I'm considering asking this girl out today. But she's white. And that's not the, or a problem in any way. But I've had a couple stupefying experiences the last several weeks and am still "dealing with it" best I can. Now the main issue is I don't think that I'll be truly comfortable around her if she does agree to go on a date because of those experiences. I'd be very self conscious about it.

Should I just forget it for now?

Xun

Went out tonight to a friends gig and I sadly felt invisible the whole evening.

I tried to speak to people, but my anxiety had rendered myself speechless.

Takuya

Banned
Hello.

I'm considering asking this girl out today. But she's white. And that's not the or a problem in any way. But I've had a couple stupefying experiences the last several weeks and am still "dealing with it" best I can. Now the main issue is I don't think that I'll be truly comfortable around her if she does agree to go on a date because of those experiences. I'd be very self conscious about it.

Just go for it, better go for it and all rather than regret it later.

Jhoan

At least you went out and did it man. No need to be so hard on yourself. Name one positive thing you took from it.

Fuck! I think I may literally be the most clueless man ever when it comes to picking up on hints. Except here they weren't even hints, more like Titanic-sized clues that I completely failed to pick up on.

So I met a girl at a bar randomly and said hello.
We chat for a while and she asks:
"Are you single?"

After I say yes and she says that she is too, she starts probing:
"Are you hoping to meet somebody tonight?"
"What type of girls do you go for?"
"Have you met anyone you like tonight?" (deep stare)
etc, etc.

After dancing around her questions whilst making her laugh she asks:
"What are your plans for tomorrow?"
and then later on after I tell her of my plans to move away soon she says:
"Well who knows, perhaps you'll meet somebody you really like and you'll stay here after all!"

Unbelievably the whole time I just thought she was being friendly and didn't read anymore into it. She would even lean right against me whenever talking to me! :lol

Whenever I'm coming onto a girl I tend to be rather blunt and very direct (to my disadvantage often) but when it's the other way everything goes entirely over my head :(

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Hello.

I'm considering asking this girl out today. But she's white. And that's not the, or a problem in any way. But I've had a couple stupefying experiences the last several weeks and am still "dealing with it" best I can. Now the main issue is I don't think that I'll be truly comfortable around her if she does agree to go on a date because of those experiences. I'd be very self conscious about it.

thats pretty vague, and most of the time, if she said yea, then it doesn't matter and you're thinking about it more than she ever did/has

thats pretty vague, and most of the time, if she said yea, then it doesn't matter and you're thinking about it more than she ever did/has

Well I just don't feel as if it's worth pursuing because I'm going to be way too judgemental on everything she says/does in my head. I want to just relax, but I don't know how to go about it instead of stressing out and botching it up.

Well I just don't feel as if it's worth pursuing because I'm going to be way too judgemental on everything she says/does in my head. I want to just relax, but I don't know how to go about it instead of stressing out and botching it up.

She'll probably be just as nervous about trying not to be insensitive or out of line. If you're more relaxed than so is she. If she says something kind of weird or out of line just be patient and explain why you find it a problem.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

either something happened and you/we can talk about it or you can say fuck it and move on

you make it sound like she was cool then you added her on facebook only to see she's always sending invites to klan rallies

We're all in on this relationship >< Haven't stopped talking, haven't stopped being saccharine sweet to one another. We met, but two of my friends that we didn't want to know what was going yet were there...but right afterward me and her were texting how much we wanted to hold hands/kiss goodbye and stuff :D

I read your post wrong then, congrats man.

Is her dad a klan member or something? The fuck is the problem if she's white?

Edit: Dammit DY
Stuff..... Bad stuff

Dude.... dude

Couple things about this.

Don't go crazy about it, (I think every guy has at least one of those moments) and the one good thing that will come out of this experience is; the feeling you have right now, right this second. Save it, store it, and remember it so you don't fuck up something so blatantly obvious again.

he cray

Yes, I've been told I speak softly, I wish it was more masculine. Also why people tell me I have a calming voice. I don't know if my eye contact is strong...I make eye contact but don't always hold it. I'm working on that, I've gotten better lately.

You can speak calmly without speaking quietly (i'll link you to a great video of this if I can find it http://youtu.be/ntZ7zQ2PpXA?t=13s (It's literally just a conversation but it proves my point). One trick about the eye contact thing is you can go out and hold eye contact with every person you see until they break first. Yes it will be weird as hell the first few days but that's the point. It gets you out your comfort zone and it requires little to no effort on your part.

Did you ever try being stupid, not really stupid, but just a little? Sometimes I think 'maturity' is an excuse, it was with me for sure. Not saying necessarily you should smoke weed, but a party with attractive women feels good. Yeah, drinking is dumb and it sucks but whatever a few drinks aren't going to kill you (well, at least if you're smart about it).

Every time I go down that hole of stupidity I have a good time. Maybe that's just my adaptive nature, but it's thinking you're 'above' 'wiser' 'more mature' and all that which will limit you in many ways.

I'm a certified genius and if I went on my feelings of how much less intelligent everyone is than me (which pops into my mind often), I would be even more miserable than I am all of the time.

If it helps imagine you're participating in a cavemen rite of passage and they're bringing you into their clan, because really that's what it is.
Hahaha... I'm in a fraternity, my friend. Without sullying the great reputation of the American Greek system, I'll let you draw your own conclusions on whether or not I have "been stupid." ;)

Putting myself out there isn't the problem. I just literally can't find any girls who are into me. :\

I think I'm just going to have to go into another "screw it" stage where I forget about girls; and just put 100% of my effort into my career and education, as well as physical health. Success and money bring girls, etc....

celebi23

So, I'm back. Been text the same girl most of the day. Turns out she's a huge Back To The Future fan. She never got the chance to go on the Universal Studios ride so, I sent her a link to this:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17689746/www.universalstudios.com/unicity/btf/index.html

(Warning: Not everything works and some pieces are missing)

Using the WayBack Machine Web archive thing, I reconstructed the mid-1990's ride website :D. I did this about a year ago (and I think posted about it on GAF).

She'll probably be just as nervous about trying not to be insensitive or out of line. If you're more relaxed than so is she. If she says something kind of weird or out of line just be patient and explain why you find it a problem.

See, that's the thing though. I'm a little...largely thinking about what she's thinking. And I can't just outright tell her: "I've dealt with a lot of racism and bla bla bla" but it's something that weighs heavily on my mind and does affect how I behave.I don't want to "embarass her" for being with her if someone says or does something stupid. I don't ant to have that cdonversation where I have to defend myself and my happiness.
I read your post wrong then, congrats man.

Edit: Dammit DY

Is her dad a klan member or something? The fuck is the problem if she's white?
either something happened and you/we can talk about it or you can say fuck it and move on

you make it sound like she was cool then you added her on facebook only to see she's always sending invites to klan rallies

In quick succession:

1) "Drive by" racists about two weeks ago.

2) Lots of dumb things I've heard since then.

3) I'm really, reallyy, aware of these things and it's almost at the point where I find myself obsessing over every glance, passing vehicle, late service, etc. To say that the things I've experienced till now have damaged my perception of people in general would be an understatement.

I really would like to build a relationship with someone and finally find some semblance of a connection. But this girl just seems like an automatic no to me. I mean, look at it this way: People always say "She/he's totally out of your league" and all that other stuff, right? Even some of you guys say that in this very thread. So I'm having a terribly difficult time seeing how this super blonde, blue eyed, ridiculously beautiful girl is ever going to even think "Sure" for a second.

Yes, she seems nice and is really cool. But I'm getting real tired of the "Just friends" talk. And honestly, it' weird. Because girls are always telling me how handsome I am, and all the other adjectives; but whenever I try and go for an actual relationship, it's always no. I know a lot of guys have that problem too, but for me; it seems like it's really an issue of colour that is the problem. I just don't want to deal with that mental game yet again.

See, that's the thing though. I'm a little...largely thinking about what she's thinking. And I can't just outright tell her: "I've dealt with a lot of racism and bla bla bla" but it's something that weighs heavily on my mind and does affect how I behave.I don't want to "embarass her" for being with her if someone says or does something stupid. I don't ant to have that cdonversation where I have to defend myself and my happiness.

People are going to say stupid shit if you're in an interracial relationship, that's just how it goes. You can either deal with it because the bond you have with the person is strong enough, or you can't. It's just one thing you have to account for and deal with as it comes.

I really would like to build a relationship with someone and finally find some semblance of a connection. But this girl just seems like an automatic no to me. I mean, look at it this way: People always say "She/he's totally out of your league" and all that other stuff, right? Even some of you guys say that in this very thread. So I'm having a terribly difficult time seeing how this super blonde, blue eyed, ridiculously beautiful girl is ever going to even think "Sure" for a second.

Yes, she seems nice and is really cool. But I'm getting real tired of the "Just friends" talk. And honestly, it' weird. Because girls are always telling me how handsome I am, and all the other adjectives; but whenever I try and go for an actual relationship, it's always no. I know a lot of guys have that problem too, but for me; it seems like it's really an issue of colour that is the problem. I just don't want to deal with that mental game yet again.

You need to get over this. Sure there are women who are afraid to be with black people due to their own hang ups or how their family will react. But you're basically stereotyping and holding out on your own possible experiences because of it and that's not fair at the very least to yourself, nor the women who are interested in you and want to be with you regardless of your race. I can't tell you what to do or feel because I don't have to deal with the enormity of being black, or a black man, but I do know what I feel towards my own boyfriend. Don't sell yourself short because some people are racist pieces of shits or cowards.

But this girl just seems like an automatic no to me. I mean, look at it this way: People always say "She/he's totally out of your league" and all that other stuff, right?

Total and utter bullshit.

So I'm having a terribly difficult time seeing how this super blonde, blue eyed, ridiculously beautiful girl is ever going to even think "Sure" for a second.

Rage inducing total and utter bullshit.

Couple of things. Are you judging her without her even saying anything? Or is she the one giving you the "friends talk"? If it's the former why the hell would you kill off something before it even had a chance to start?

I can't tell you what to do or feel because I don't have to deal with the enormity of being black, or a black man,

I do. CrushDance do it. Ask her out.

People are going to say stupid shit if you're in an interracial relationship, that's just how it goes. You can either deal with it because the bond you have with the person is strong enough, or you can't. It's just one thing you have to account for and deal with as it comes.

You need to get over this. Sure there are women who are afraid to be with black people due to their own hang ups or how their family will react. But you're basically stereotyping and holding out on your own possible experiences because of it and that's not fair at the very least to yourself, nor the women who are interested in you and want to be with you regardless of your race. I can't tell you what to do or feel because I don't have to deal with the enormity of being black, or a black man, but I do know what I feel towards my own boyfriend. Don't sell yourself short because some people are racist pieces of shits or cowards.

I guess that is true. God, I wish I didn't have to deal with this though. Would make things so much "easier" if I could ignore that part of the dynamic. I just don't know what the heck I'd do if some idiot said something to me/her/us if it ever got to that point. How do you even begin to "comfort" that person and even as you're saying that it depends on how strong our bond would be. It'd just make me an utter asshole if she did break up with me ebcause of that or me not being able to get over it. I mean I get it, that's the endgame of people who say/do stupid things like that: To separate the couple. So I'm conflicted because I do like her, but I don't know if I can bring her into that none-sense.

Total and utter bullshit.

Rage inducing total and utter bullshit.

Couple of things. Are you judging her without her even saying anything? Or is she the one giving you the "friends talk"? If it's the former why the hell would you kill off something before it even had a chance to start?
Yes I am judging her unfairly. I know that. But it's happened far too often for me not to just think "Is this worth the heartache?". I want to give her a chance, I want to give myself a chance. I guess what I'm saying overall is, I'm afraid of her saying yes. I mean, because if she said No: I could just say "Hah! I knew it! No way it'd ever work out. White girls are still white". And continue on my "merry way" doubting everyone and judging everyone harshly. Simply as an excuse not to try anymore. It doesn't make me strong, but weak. I've thought about this many times in my life guys, I know the reason I feel this way. But I can't change it. Because if she said yes...what would I do?

You're frustrating dude. You can take a chance, see what happens and live. Or you can still live, just with regret because you have shitty self image issues. Your choice.

Izick... I know you're still around. Watch this please. (you to Joker)

http://youtu.be/m92WVQDY94I?t=6m35s

Presently, all the girls I'm thinking of right now are the ones I've already fucked up with.

Two, I got numbers (both while drunk), but fucked up in texting
One I hung out with on a field trip and fucked that up, too
Another had a boyfriend
Another just didn't like me (but she has mental issues of her own and I'm told she wasn't worth it)

So can't do anything there, and I'm nowhere where I can meet people. Still can't drive.

But I never once said I wasn't trying. I'm improving myself - I'm maintaining eye contact, and that's noticeable. I'm speaking more clearly. I'm talking to people for the hell of it, but... with women, the conversations end up super basic. Other people can get laughs in moments, and do something interesting - I can't. But I am trying. But with people that live down the hall from me, making intentions clearer will only make shit awkward if it goes wrong.

So I can't go in like "you're really cute," I can only do the basic stuff. And that's difficult as it is. So until I figure out what I can say, I'll keep trying to figure it out. But approaching isn't the problem.

How can you think or make a post like this and consider yourself ready to date or fall in love? I hate to be this blunt about it but this is what I meant pages back about Depression Age coming before Dating Age.

Be as blunt as you like. I like it when people are honest. To answer your question... I feel I can not find inner happiness. I have certain issues that I don't know how to fix. I've tried counseling, drugs, and the like. The only thing that helps are Benzo's. If it weren't for those I would have died quite a while ago, probably from a heart attack.

I've been like this all my life, and it's only gotten worse. The only thing that gives me relief is a relationship going in the right direction. Nothing else helps. Not even ice cream!!!

I don't mean to sound so negative, but that's how I feel. Actually, my real thoughts are far worse than what I've typed.

I am not a good person. I like to think I try to be, but I'm fooling myself.

I tend to scare people. Even my best friend is afraid to let me near his family. And for good reason. I'd be afraid too.

I've been a creep on two occasions. One of the girls surprisingly still talks to me, but I've long since lost my obsession over her.

Btw, Robin largely doesn't know much of this. She knows I have anxiety issues and I take Benzo's, but that's about the extent of her knowledge.

DrBo42

Fuck! I think I may literally be the most clueless man ever when it comes to picking up on hints. Except here they weren't even hints, more like Titanic-sized clues that I completely failed to pick up on.

So I met a girl at a bar randomly and said hello.
We chat for a while and she asks:
"Are you single?"

After I say yes and she says that she is too, she starts probing:
"Are you hoping to meet somebody tonight?"
"What type of girls do you go for?"
"Have you met anyone you like tonight?" (deep stare)
etc, etc.

After dancing around her questions whilst making her laugh she asks:
"What are your plans for tomorrow?"
and then later on after I tell her of my plans to move away soon she says:
"Well who knows, perhaps you'll meet somebody you really like and you'll stay here after all!"

Unbelievably the whole time I just thought she was being friendly and didn't read anymore into it. She would even lean right against me whenever talking to me! :lol

Whenever I'm coming onto a girl I tend to be rather blunt and very direct (to my disadvantage often) but when it's the other way everything goes entirely over my head :(

Holy shit. That was so painful to read.

Forget it.

You can say forget it all you want, but that advice still stands. And if you really want to go deeper than that you don’t even need to be dating/ asking a girl out right now. You need to get some fucking help because you have fucked up self-image issues. What, you think you’re the only person to ever have to deal with racist bullshit? You’re going to let a couple of low life, worthless pieces of trash dictate how you judge an entire ethnicity of people and how happy you are? What if that same super blonde, blue eyed, ridiculously beautiful girl is really into you? What if she is just dying for you to ask her out? What if her parents are some hippie motherfuckers who took the trip to Woodstock and love black people? You don’t even know because your too busy trying to build and design a mental road block that keeps you in a place of self-hate and depression. Fuck is wrong with you? You need to ask this girl out and live with the consequences of your decision. Understand that everyone in the world isn’t out to get you; and that yes you’ve been dealing with some racist bullshit, but that can’t dictate the way you go about your life.

"Hah! I knew it! No way it'd ever work out. White girls are still white".

Also. This is so beyond fucked up; I don’t even know how you get to this point. Read a couple pages back if you don't think white girls go out with black men.

Deal.

But I never once said I wasn't trying. I'm improving myself - I'm maintaining eye contact, and that's noticeable. I'm speaking more clearly. I'm talking to people for the hell of it, but... with women, the conversations end up super basic. Other people can get laughs in moments, and do something interesting - I can't. But I am trying. But with people that live down the hall from me, making intentions clearer will only make shit awkward if it goes wrong.

This is good shit dude and I'm happy for you. As far as not being able to meet people what type of environment do you live in? (City, suburbs, etc.)

Still can't drive.

Why can't you drive?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Someone suggest a voice coach earlier. I want to try and go see one.

Try acting. It's pretty nice to have different voices to use for different environments, even non-dating wise. A good stage voice and stage presence works wonders for interviews. Hell, even my "Radio DJ Voice" at my college station has uses here and there.

Try acting. It's pretty nice to have different voices to use for different environments, even non-dating wise. A good stage voice and stage presence works wonders for interviews. Hell, even my "Radio DJ Voice" at my college station has uses here and there.

I thought actors saw voice coaches to help them out.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I thought actors saw voice coaches to help them out.

If by voice coaches you mean "directors" then yes. I mean, yeah, I bet some of the pros do of course, but I certainly never have. A good director will not only be able to help your voice but they're much more suited to help your presence, I think. Though, don't think a voice coach is a bad idea, it could be a very good idea. But community theatre will only cost your time and is a good way to meet folk. I have a lot of friends from shows.

rush777

Please just get drunk, learn your limits so you don't get to the point of slurring or stumbling. Once drunk approach every girl in the area and say hello, go from there. I'm sorry but you have to get wasted to get over your fears.

This is good shit dude and I'm happy for you. As far as not being able to meet people what type of environment do you live in? (City, suburbs, etc.)

Why can't you drive?

Suburbs heaven. It takes a while to get out of my neighborhood, and after I get out of my neighborhood there are some small shopping centers, but not much to do. Mall's a bit further. Don't see much people my age there anymore. College is a different and much better story.

Not enough practice to take the driving test. And there's currently no one around to drive with me.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Suburbs heaven. It takes a while to get out of my neighborhood, and after I get out of my neighborhood there are some small shopping centers, but not much to do. Mall's a bit further. Don't see much people my age there anymore. College is a different and much better story.

Not enough practice to take the driving test. And there's currently no one around to drive with me.

What state are you in again?

I'm wondering whether you come off a certain way to people. I have NO idea why people are so hostile against you.

Didn't see this post until now. I'm probably just an easy target, I'm a tall skinny guy with an unusual voice so why not mess with me. They also don't fear me getting back at them or anything, one time I told a group of guys to stop talking shit about me or I would kick their ass or something like that and no one took it seriously or believed I was capable of doing it.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Don't really want to say. But if Detective GAF can figure it out, it wouldn't matter hiding it. (One has already proven capable enough to figure out my first name. Spooky, yes?)

Never question DetectiveGAF. I was gonna say though, if you were close, I'd be more than willing to help you learn to drive.

PM if you want, no worries. Or not, it's not a issue to me.

Oh, just to get this out there. I would never lay a hand on a girl.

A guy on the other hand... let's just say I've had some bad thoughts towards certain individuals.

DominoKid

So something interesting happened to me a few weeks ago... or at least it was interesting to me because it was something that i could never fathom happening to me and it sucks.

Me and my roommate were walking back from a party and a girl drove by that my roommate works with so she picks us up. Its her and one of her friends we never met before in the front and us in the back.

So were chillin, just talking and shit until we pull up to our house. I get out, go in and start making some food. My roommate comes in like 10 mins later and he says something like "yo thats girl thought i was hot so she gave me her number and she wants to fuck soon."

Now... not that i'd likely go for a chick that did some shit like that... but i could never in my wildest dreams imagine a chick coming at me like that. But for him its a pretty regular occurrence. And it just made me feel really shitty and undesirable.

But whatever... Its not like thats a new feeling these days. Now that im 21 and hit the bars up its just gotten worse because i usually get shot down off appearances before i can even get a word out. So I just kinda accept that getting chicks is an uphill battle compared to the people i hang out with.

I dunno. I try to stay upbeat about it but I feel like its the world's way of telling me that im aiming too high or something.
Or maybe im just thinking too much at 3am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom