• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Which one?

The one that for some reason had Aquaman involved in the final fight and them on the Kent farm as a final scene. That stuff was obviously wrong but it got stuff like the senate hearing correct before the Comic Con footage was shown. Ill try and dig it up later when im not on ny phone.

Effect

I won't lie, I would've been down for Tyrese as Stewart if Paul was still alive to play Jordan.

And you could've had Vin play Kilowag.

I wouldn't mind this at all. I can see Vin's voice working for him. The back and forth between Tyrese and Paul Walker would have been fun. If I'm being completely honest forgot both Hal and John and just give me Kilowog.

how about Connor McGregor as Hal Jordan and Floyd Mayweather as John Stewarts
iF8xOmx.png

Ninjimbo

Just saw Apes. Us Batman nerds are in for one hell of a film.
I saw War as well. It wasn't very good. I can't put my finger on what was wrong with it, but it felt kind of hollow and it sort of meandered plot-wise. It really missed a figure like Koba. That bastard was magnetic in Dawn.

Odoul

I really hope after Justice League every hero is able to go solo for at least a few years.

I saw Spider Man yesterday, and I really enjoyed it after not thinking street level heroes could really bring anything to the Avengers.

I think the reason I loved it, WW and Logan so much is they were able to tell pretty simple personal stories (even if Wondy was a little bigger than the other).

I liked BvS and Civil War when I saw them in theaters, but they were both steps down from Man of Steel and Winter Soldier. They just had to juggle and introduce too fucking much. I'm actually kind of worried for Justice League and IW too.

JL is going to have to introduce at least three major heroes and establish their personalities while balancing out the three returning heroes and any villains. Infinity War I just don't see how they are going to satisfactorily have THAT many people in a less then three hour flick.

And going forward any Suicide Squad sequels should really look at using the villains from previous solo works. Whatever your thoughts on the movie 20 minutes of context-less setup for all the characters to start wasn't the best decision.

Warner was determined to spin off solo characters from Justice League going back at least ten years. It didn't make a ton of sense then, and it's pretty obvious they have just making things needlessly difficult for themselves.

Loxley

I find solo superhero films to be way more interesting than the team-up ones anyway. The glaring exception is Winter Soldier, which is sort of half-way between a team movie and a solo outing. I don't think it's a coincidence that the best, most gripping films in the genre are almost all solo films though.

Tabby

It's a damn shame we didn't get to see more of Leto's Joker in the movie, and some of the cut scenes. There's a better movie somewhere out there.

Again, I don't think Leto was the problem. I don't think Ayer was even the problem. The Joker is a malleable character, and there's a version of the movie concept that could work. Suicide Squad just didn't. I think that's a time situation, but I could be wrong.

a916

Dang this is brilliant.

There's a potentially brilliant Joker in leto, I'm sure. We just need a great change in direction from SS. Heck, retcon the entirety of that movie.

There is. Leto is ridiculously talented and he's clearly bought in. Everything about the SS was a hot flaming mess. In the right hands and with right direction, I think Leto can really shine.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
It is kinda crazy when you think about it... We've seen like two set pieces in this movie that people can remember right away. Barry's warehouse room and the sewer tunnel... and maybe the Flying Fox interior/landing bay door. You just know there's so much more left. You look through the trailer and there's the Metropolis memorial area, Aquaman's fishing town, Diana's museum, Cyborg's apartment, and some Atlantis stuff just to name a few.

The trailer on Saturday is gonna be dope as fuck, I can feel it.

Again, I don't think Leto was the problem. I don't think Ayer was even the problem. The Joker is a malleable character, and there's a version of the movie concept that could work. Suicide Squad just didn't. I think that's a time situation, but I could be wrong.

Problem was they wrote and shot scenes where Joker is a selfish manipulative and abusive maniac. When they decided against all that, they had to patchwork make scenes semi-coherent though reshoots and editing. There's nothing wrong with taking away Joker being physically abusive towards Harley, but it's something you figure out at the jump. Not awkwardly try and hide after you've mostly finished the movie.

And it's something that applies to nearly all the characters. To some degree they were all written as a mean and dirty bunch. But they took away those undesirable aspects and you're left with a bunch of villains that aren't so bad. That pitch of "bad can do good" kinda falls apart when The Shoplifter and Jaywalker could join to the team and fit in.

Top Bottom