• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Rumored JL Dark aka Dark Universe director, Andy Muschietti, signed onto direct Robotech for Sony. Looking like he won't be the guy.

Oh, and old JL trailer is attached to Dunkirk. Extra day or two wait for Saturday then!

MisterHero

Not sure what commercial this is from but cool nonetheless.

giphy.gif

It's from Justice League v Power Rangers v Transformers.

It's cool they got together even for silly merchandise.

Ross61

Rumored JL Dark aka Dark Universe director, Andy Muschietti, signed onto direct Robotech for Sony. Looking like he won't be the guy.

Oh, and old JL trailer is attached to Dunkirk. Extra day or two wait for Saturday then!

Probably not coming any time soon anyway, so it could still be him. If not, then I wouldn't be mad a the other rumored choice Damián Szifron.

Ross61

Might be nothing but, rumored Squad 2 director Jaume Collet-Serra just followed DCEU costume designer Michael Wilkinson on Twitter.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
So Batman, SS2, an WW2 in 2019? Flash, Superman, Batgirl in 2020? Sirens, Nightwing, JL2 in 2021?

Damn, they really need 4 movies a year to get all their properties out on time. Where's Aquaman 2, Shazam, Cyborg/Titans, Green Lantern all gonna fit in?

Ashhong

Consecutive posts.

Somebody post the gif.

Thank God it's closed. It's really sad that "journalists" are still nitpicking every little thing Snyder does when most likely, his removing it is probably just helping him move on a bit. Give the man some space.

Electricity, incoming Flash announcement. (but probably SS2 :( )

Edit, just realised it's WB... not DC. So this could be WB related but not necessarily DC.

There's only one panel though, so in this case WB = DC methinks. I really really expect Flash news, on top of SS2 and WW2. Hopefully some goddamn MoS news too. DC is going to be overloaded, although I wouldn't mind even 6 movies in 2019. Is there really such a thing as too much? Not to me.

a916

Thank God it's closed. It's really sad that "journalists" are still nitpicking every little thing Snyder does when most likely, his removing it is probably just helping him move on a bit. Give the man some space.

There's only one panel though, so in this case WB = DC methinks. I really really expect Flash news, on top of SS2 and WW2. Hopefully some goddamn MoS news too. DC is going to be overloaded, although I wouldn't mind even 6 movies in 2019. Is there really such a thing as too much? Not to me.

But they were recently saying they are going to take a second look after JL... I think we should all prepare ourselves for nothing but JL and a tease of AM maybe.

Ross61

WB dated two DC Films for February 14 and June 5th 2020.

(Cyborg and GLC are slated for April 3rd and July 24 of that year respectively.)

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, if they pair down after taking a step back and looking at their slate and critic reactions, I could see the following happening...

Batman, Flash, SS2 continue as normal. Shazam/Black Adam is canned and Adam gets moved into another movie, either JL2 or a Superman sequel. Cyborg/Titans is totally scrapped with Cyborg helping out in Flash like we originally heard. Sirens is scrapped and they move the characters into SS2 as part of the team or cameos.

2019 - Batman, Flash, SS2
2020 - WW2, Superman sequel, Batgirl
2021 - Aquaman 2, Batman 2, Nightwing
2022 - Flash sequel, Superman sequel, JL2

a916

Honestly, if they pair down after taking a step back and looking at their slate and critic reactions, I could see the following happening...

Batman, Flash, SS2 continue as normal. Shazam/Black Adam is canned and Adam gets moved into another movie, either JL2 or a Superman sequel. Cyborg/Titans is totally scrapped with Cyborg helping out in Flash like we originally heard. Sirens is scrapped and they move the characters into SS2 as part of the team or cameos.

2019 - Batman, Flash, SS2
2020 - WW2, Superman sequel, Batgirl
2021 - Aquaman 2, Batman 2, Nightwing
2022 - Flash sequel, Superman sequel, JL2

If they give us a SS sequel before a god damn Superman sequel I'm going to flip

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
If they give us a SS sequel before a god damn Superman sequel I'm going to flip
I mean, why wouldn't they? SS is guaranteed money and Superman... isn't. But, I agree with you. I would much rather have a year of 2019 being Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. How fucking cool would that be?

Think they should aim for 2 a year. 4 is overkill imo but more of the fans want that so more power to them.

Also i don't think Batman makes 2019. 2020 seems more likely. So far away :(

Shit will be worth it tho. Easily my most anticipated cape movie in the future.

DC properties are just part of WB's blockbusters for that year. So it depends on the year if they can fit others. Like, imagine replacing Kong Skull Island and King Arthur with DC movies. It'd be that. And that's only the over $100M blockbusters. And not all need to be over $100M. Movies like Nightwing and Batgirl could be on the scale of a John Wick and Atomic Blonde, sub-$50M.

a916

I mean, why wouldn't they? SS is guaranteed money and Superman... isn't. But, I agree with you. I would much rather have a year of 2019 being Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. How fucking cool would that be?

I'm not sure I agree with that though... Superman is such a huge character I think his movie, that reviews and is received well, has more potential than SS. SS rode on the fumes of Joker and Harley, a proper Superman is bigger than WW I feel.

If only DC could do the Trinity in one year... that would be amazing!

After Snyder's "Superman arc" ending with Jl we're entering unknown territory here plotwise. Will "phase 2" be preparing for the coming of darkseid?

Will Alfred finally get his own solo movie?

Will Nightwing's ass rival with Cavill/Affleck's crotch?

What will I eat for dinner tomorrow?

Comic Con can't come soon enough

J_Viper

Think they should aim for 2 a year. 4 is overkill imo but more of the fans want that so more power to them.

Also i don't think Batman makes 2019. 2020 seems more likely. So far away :(

Shit will be worth it tho. Easily my most anticipated cape movie in the future.

If Reeves locks down his script by the end of the year, they totally can start filming early next year.

That should be more than enough time for a November 2019 release

WB dated two DC Films for February 14 and June 5th 2020.

(Cyborg and GLC are slated for April 3rd and July 24 of that year respectively.)

Was Cyborg still on the schedule? I thought they have postponed it. That was my February guess.

June is Wonder Woman 2 in my estimation.

Raptor

They have to give us some MoS2 news at least, is been years already and they will announce WW2 release date?

Danm thing just came out damn it.

strafer

Fuck Wonder Woman. Fuck Batman. Fuck Aquaman. Fuck The Flash. Fuck Cyborg. Fuck Green Lantern.

Give me Man of Steel 2 before I die for hells sake.

ryan299

Mayimbe just said on twitter he hears Shazam goes into production in February. He's gonna have a movie before all the big characters due to the Rock.

Penguin

I mean totally cool with them saving Black Adam for a 2nd movie instead of doing him with the origins, but you got the Rock just warming up back there.

Top Bottom