• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

jackdoe

I'm really liking the new Batman cowl. It's a shame it comes with the crap armor plates they added to the suit (even though they properly justify it in the story).

ReiGun

Im getting hard at looking at your avatar man.

image.php

"All I get is wild thoughts"

Penguin

DCEU Leaks is going into overdrive this week

Guess every "insider" wants to get out ahead of SDCC to show they were "right" or for their 5 mins

I recently met my cousin, who works for WB UK, as he is currently in US preparing for SDCC and he gave me some interesting info on Justice League. He wasn't willing to reveal too much but I convinced him to tell me at least something.

1. Superman has a big role spread throughout the movie, not just the 3rd act. He sort of goes through a journey in his dream where he has scenes with both Jor-El and Jonathan Kent.

2. He did not spoil exact details about Supes' resurrection but he did tell me that it's going to be "unexpected", and there's no evil Superman. He did however hint towards the codex from MoS.

3. The history lesson, which he says is quite similar to LOTR, happens when Bruce meets Diana for the first time in the movie (it's in the first 15 mins of the movie), and she explains to him about the huge threat. Also, There's a shot of Apokolips as well as New Genesis in the history lesson. New Genesis apparently looks like "Themyscira on steroids" whereas Apokolips is the complete opposite, with burning fire pits everywhere. Darkseid is in fact shown, albeit for just a second or two, and he doesn't take part in the war. Greek Gods fought as well, and are instrumental in defeating the Apokoliptians. Zeus is the one who distributes the motherboxes between the Humans, Amazons and Atlanteans.

4. Watchtower is apparently teased at the end of the movie, where Bruce is shown to be working on a prototype 'space station'. The term "Justice League" is given to the heroes by the media. Flash only gets his secondary suit at the end of the movie, so no action scenes with the new suit, but we do see him try it on. Clark also marries Lois at the end of the movie, with everyone from the league attending the wedding.

5. From what he's heard, the goal is to have the movie run somewhere around 2hrs 45mins, although it may change.
I'm 100% sure about this, so make sure you bookmark the thread and check back in November!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/comments/6n7rry/few_jl_details/

Penguin

Just posting the ones from the last day

Grain of salt, more funfiction than anything believable

Dark Universe- September 7th
Aquaman- December 21st
The Flash- Valentine's Day
The Batman- June 14th
Suicide Squad 2- September 13th
Superman- December 11th
Gotham City Sirens- Valentine's Day
Wonder Woman 2- June 12th
Green Lantern Corps- September 11th
Batgirl- December 4th
New Gods- March 5th
Shazam- June 4th
Justice League 2- October 1st
Nightwing- December 3rd
2022 will have films for Batman, Flash, Aquaman and Superman. These films will not be announced.
Joss Whedon will help with other DCEU films after Justice League as a creative consultant. Batgirl won't start filming at least until early 2019 since the script still isn't complete and Whedon is busy filming and editing Justice League.
Dark Universe the next film to head into production and Warner Bros will announce the director and cast at Comic-con. Doug Liman left the project weeks before the announcement came out and Warner Bros was already looking for replacements. Guillermo del Toro will be attached as a producer and some of his ideas from his old treatment will remain. The studio currently has two top candidates for John Constatine. Swamp Thing and Zatanna have been cast. Filming will begin in September.
Aquaman movie mostly focuses on Arthur's relationship with Mera and his past. Black Manta is the main villain of the film. Ocean Master is a villain but he's more antagonistic towards humans. Aquaman, Black Manta and Ocean Master will be revealed in full costumes at Comic-con.
The stories for Green Lantern Corps and The Flash were written by Geoff Johns. Green Lantern Corps will have both Atrocitus and Sinestro as villains. Other corps will cameo or be mentioned. The Rogues will be the villains for The Flash film. Captain Cold, Heatwave, Golden Glider, Weather Wizard, Trickster and Mirror Master will be the line up. Cyborg is in the new script. Reverse Flash is in the film and will reveal himself as the man who killed Barry's mother at the end of the film.
Gotham City Sirens has been delayed due to Ayer being busy with Bright's editing and will have to promote the film later this year. Originally Gotham City Sirens was scheduled to release before Suicide Squad 2 but the film has now been pushed back and Suicide Squad 2 will be taking over. The script is also being rewritten to add Harley Quinn back into the film. The new pitch for the film is that Amanda Waller has been collecting metahumans and criminals since the first Suicide Squad. Eventually, she sends them to hunt down Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn and Joker in Gotham. At the end of the film the Sirens will escape but Joker's fate hasn't been determined yet.
Matt Reeves will start working on The Batman around September.
The next Superman film will not be called Man of Steel 2. Warner Bros wants to distance themselves from the mixed reception of the first film. Kanto and Ascension (Intergang) will be the villains of the film. General Sam Lane is also in the film as an opposing figure to Superman but him and Superman will reluctantly work side by side due to having the same goals.
The New Gods has been discussed for quite sometime. Warner Bros is looking at Peter Jackson to possibly direct the film. George Miller was offered the film but Miller will be working on his next two Mad Max related films. Darkseid, Highfather and their sons would be the main protagonists of the film.
Black Adam film will most likely not happen. The Rock is scheduled to appear as the character in a post credit scene and in the next Superman film after believing Superman is The Wizard's new champion. He will make his first full appearance in the Shazam film and will most likely cameo in future Justice League films.

Seth Grahame-Smith wrote two drafts based on a story treatment by Phil Lord & Chris Miller, in November 2015 and March 2016.
Barry Allen travels one day back in time in JUSTICE LEAGUE and is determined to do it again in order to return 15 years to the past, save his mother Nora and prove the innocence of his father Henry. Barry also begins investigating the murders of scientists connected to a secret program funded by the United States government to harness the Speed Force. The scientists created a machine that accidentally exploded and gave Barry his powers. Barry finds out that the killer is another speedster, Zoom, who also murdered his mother, and exposes him as one of the program's members, Eobard Thawne.
Thawne is obsessed with the Speed Force and travelled back in time to murder Barry's mother in order to psychologically undermine him. He then joined the program but sabotaged the machine so that the explosion would create the Flash, ensuring that Thawne learns about him and the Speed Force in the future, and also turn Thawne into a speedster. Barry and Thawne breach the time barrier and realize both of their existences are bound to time paradoxes, which prevents Barry from saving his mother without destroying the timeline. He instead removes Thawne's powers and exposes him as her killer. Thawne is then arrested while Henry is released and reunited with Barry.
Featured characters are Barry's childhood friend Iris West; Barry's wisecracking colleague Kyle Rhodes; Barry's hotshot rival Detective Adam Cruz; Captain David Singh; and Dr. Jay Garrick, the man who first discovered the Speed Force and briefly mentors Barry before being murdered by Zoom. Cyborg made a cameo.
Grahame-Smith was slated to directed but Warner didn't believe he was up to the task, so he dropped out and was replaced by Rick Famuyiwa, who wrote his own draft in August 2016.
Like in Grahame-Smith's version, Barry travels one day back in time in JUSTICE LEAGUE and is determined to do it again in order to return 15 years to the past to save Nora and rescue Henry, with help from Cyborg. Thawne is secretly monitoring Barry from afar.
Barry's mentor, Detective Fred Chyre, is framed for the murder of an informant investigating corrupt cops connected to mobster Jack Monteleone. Barry attempts to prove his innocence with help from aspiring reporter Iris West and Chyre's partner Jared Morillo. Montelone hires Leonard Snart to eliminate Barry and Snart creates the cold gun when the Flash becomes involved.
Iris is killed by Snart after learning that Morillo is the ringleader of the corrupt cops. Barry manages to travel one day into the past again to save her, arrest Snart and expose Morillo, proving Chyre's innocence. In doing so he realizes that someone altered time in the night that Nora was murdered and that his nightmares of a "red-eyed demon" are actually fractured memories, setting up a sequel.
Featured characters include Snart's sister and partner-in-crime Lisa Snart, Monteleone's enforcer Mick Rory, Captain David Singh and District Attorney Hunter Zolomon.
Warner didn't like Famuyiwa's script for being too dark and demanded rewrites. Famuyiwa didn't want to compromise his vision and dropped out as well. Joby Harold was then hired to do a page one rewrite based on Geoff Johns and Jon Berg's new vision for the DCEU, which he turned in in May 2017.
Harold's draft, like its predecessors, features Barry attempting to learn more about his powers and searching for his place in the world after breaching the time barrier in JUSTICE LEAGUE, with Cyborg's helps. While doing so, he also confronts the Rogues (Leonard Snart, Mick Rory, Sam Scudder, Marco Mardon and Lisa Snart), criminals who have stolen advanced weaponry from S.T.A.R. Labs to pull off a daring heist, stealing alien technology salvaged from Zod's invasion and Steppenwolf's offensive to sell to the highest bidder. Once the Rogues figure out that the Flash cares about Central City and its people, they set up a series of dangerous time-sensitive traps across the city as a diversion to complete their job, and Barry has to race against time to stop them.
Featured characters include aspiring reporter Iris West, forensic analyst Patty Spivot, Captain David Singh, S.T.A.R. Labs scientist Claudio Mardon, and government agent King Faraday, plus Cyborg and Henry Allen. Thawne is alluded but doesn't actually appear. Harold is currently revising the script while Warner is in final negotiations with Robert Zemeckis to direct the movie. He's expected to do his own revisions, but Warner likes Harold's vision and doesn't appear to straying much from it.

They want to do four films a year. One of those films will be low budget and more grounded. Nightwing and Batgirl will be part of those low budget films. Another character that might get the low budget film treatment is Deathstroke. Warner Bros execs believe the character can be extremely marketable.
The Man of Steel sequel has been secretly developing since mid 2016. The studio wants the film out by late 2019 and wants to begin filming around Spring 2018. One of the big discussions about the film has been budget. They don't want to spend 225 million dollars like Man of Steel. Brainiac will not be the villain. They want to save the villain for a possible third film or a Justice League film down the line.
Wonder Woman 2 will not be another war film. The film is in the very early stages of writing. Patty Jenkins wants a smaller and more intimate story for Diana this time around. Patty Jenkins also wants a female main villain. Release date is currently unknown but they might push for early 2020.
Warner Bros wants to see how Shazam performs before giving Black Adam a solo film. The Shazam script is currently being written. The film's release date will change.
Aquaman will be the only film in 2018. The studio tried to push for Dark Universe but Doug Liman's departure ruined those plans. The film has been delayed indefinitely. Nightwing is the only other film discussed recently but the script still needs work.
Both Suicide Squad 2 and Gotham City Sirens will begin production in early 2018.
Early scripts of Flash and Green Lantern Corps were not well received. Writing changes might be announced soon.

I recently met my cousin, who works for WB UK, as he is currently in US preparing for SDCC and he gave me some interesting info on Justice League. He wasn't willing to reveal too much but I convinced him to tell me at least something.
Superman has a big role spread throughout the movie, not just the 3rd act. He sort of goes through a journey in his dream where he has scenes with both Jor-El and Jonathan Kent.
He did not spoil exact details about Supes' resurrection but he did tell me that it's going to be "unexpected", and there's no evil Superman. He did however hint towards the codex from MoS.
The history lesson, which he says is quite similar to LOTR, happens when Bruce meets Diana for the first time in the movie (it's in the first 15 mins of the movie), and she explains to him about the huge threat. Also, There's a shot of Apokolips as well as New Genesis in the history lesson. New Genesis apparently looks like "Themyscira on steroids" whereas Apokolips is the complete opposite, with burning fire pits everywhere. Darkseid is in fact shown, albeit for just a second or two, and he doesn't take part in the war. Greek Gods fought as well, and are instrumental in defeating the Apokoliptians. Zeus is the one who distributes the motherboxes between the Humans, Amazons and Atlanteans.
Watchtower is apparently teased at the end of the movie, where Bruce is shown to be working on a prototype 'space station'. The term "Justice League" is given to the heroes by the media. Flash only gets his secondary suit at the end of the movie, so no action scenes with the new suit, but we do see him try it on. Clark also marries Lois at the end of the movie, with everyone from the league attending the wedding.
From what he's heard, the goal is to have the movie run somewhere around 2hrs 45mins, although it may change.
I'm 100% sure about this, so make sure you bookmark the thread and check back in November!

So, anyone been on the Six Flags Justice League: Battle for Metropolis ride? The Magic Mountain Six Flags just had their opening ceremony for theirs last night. I like that they used the movie and TV themes there...and also the Injustice 2 theme, for some reason. Here's the inside of the Hall of Justice with a bunch of videos and other stuff that plays while you wait to get on the ride. Can't find a video from that specific Six Flags yet, so here's one from another one.

I always love how Six Flags did the area music for DC at least
Batman Mask of the Phantasm for days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-m0ehT3_mo
Bit of Elfman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDp9o47YX0Y
BAM! Seal out of freaking nowhere
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwvNAai29_0

DC we have access to voice actors from a famous cartoon run, a new animated series, a line of DTVs and a video game series.... let's just get all new people for our rides!
Huh? Batman is Conroy and Wonder Woman and Joker sound pretty darn similar if they aren't.

a916

What's the best DC (or DCEU) 1/6 figure?

I was lucky enough to get a Vader hot toy... and I have 3 cases to fill (one of them being Vader) so I wanted to grab a DC figure to put in there.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
What's the best DC (or DCEU) 1/6 figure?

I was lucky enough to get a Vader hot toy... and I have 3 cases to fill (one of them being Vader) so I wanted to grab a DC figure to put in there.
These are the ones I have right now...

I also have the Suicide Squad Joker in straight jacket and boxing shorts, but I haven't displayed them yet.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
These "WW was good but that 3rd act ruined it" takes are going to be at unbearable levels in a couple years.

Ross61

These "WW was good but that 3rd act ruined it" takes are going to be at unbearable levels in a couple years.
Third act wasn't even really that bad at all. Some parts were mediocre, but on the whole I say it was fine with some very good moments.

J_Viper

To be fair, that final fight is really lame.

I think the most frustrating part is if they had gotten that encounter down, WW would have been near perfect.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
To be fair, that final fight is really lame.

I think the most frustrating part is if they had gotten that encounter down, WW would have been near perfect.
Yes and no. When the words of Pine came back to her and that raw emotion poured out I thought that was powerful. Yeah, the final fight was below average but it didn't diminish the film in any way.

Firemind

War was boring but I also watched it at 12am. I was expecting war but all I got was The Great Escape with a Woody Harrelson who gave no fucks.

J_Viper

Yes and no. When the words of Pine came back to her and that raw emotion poured out I thought that was powerful. Yeah, the final fight was below average but it didn't diminish the film in any way.

Yeah, I agree. That moment was brilliant.

As much as I want Pine to come back somehow, I don't wanna ruin that goodbye.

a916

It's not even the 3rd act that people have a problem with, it's the last 3rd (at most) of the 3rd act... people are acting like it's 45 minutes of garbage at the end.

Ashhong

I can believe those JL rumors. It's pretty much exactly what I thought would happen in regards to Superman. It's the most logical setup though, so I wouldn't be surprised if those were just made up yet still turns out true.

Also, I enjoyed all of the 3rd act of WW. Awesome looking battle between Gods with WW wrecking shit. Kind of like the Doomsday fight. Cool stuff that I want to see in CBM movies. It's a damn CBM

Ninjimbo

I want to believe in the Superman in limbo arc just because that seems like such a Snyder thing to do. He loves himself some dreamscape stuff in his movies. If it's with Jonathan, that would be hype as hell.

that final fight between Wonder Woman and Ares was wack. Also just the bad dialogue of Ares and Diana repeatedly verbalizing the themes and moral of the story at each other. Did not like.

It didn't do much to diminish my enjoyment of the movie though, most superhero movies end like that these days. And everything leading up to it I loved. Second best superhero movie of the year for me easy. Which is dope because I didn't have much expectations for it a year ago.

I want to believe in the Superman in limbo arc just because that seems like such a Snyder thing to do. He loves himself some dreamscape stuff in his movies. If it's with Jonathan, that would be hype as hell.

Besides it's been done in the comics during the death of superman so it wouldn't be a stretch

tumblr_inline_oktxrdUKpL1qgjgsb_500.png

advs_500_008.png

Wonder Woman's third act felt like Winter Soldier's to me. Maybe a little better than that, but the same feeling of stumbling into generic blockbuster grounds after the rest was unique. Still, both had good moments in the large messy action scenes.

Top Bottom