• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

I have no idea what they changed from the original script but the stuff that clearly had Ritchie's handwriting was the best part about King Arthur. All that "street-stuff" was legit and presented in an interesting and engaging manner. The rest was some real generic fantasy drivel all topped off with some of the worst video-game style action I've seen put on film. That shit needed the action choreographer of the Batman warehouse scene. The Wonder Woman scene we've seen glimpses of in the trailers, that's what Arthur needed. Not Cloud's omnislash from Advent Children.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
BvS was on HBO tonight and yet again I found myself watching it. I think the passionate hatred directed toward this movie will be one of the few things in life I will absolutely fail to comprehend. Something must be wrong with me because I genuinely love it. The music. The beautifully choreographed scenes. It draws me in every time.

Firemind

BvS was on HBO tonight and yet again I found myself watching it. I think the passionate hatred directed toward this movie will be one of the few things in life I will absolutely fail to comprehend. Something must be wrong with me because I genuinely love it. The music. The beautifully choreographed scenes. It draws me in every time.
WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME

Funny thing about the HBO version is it's the closest way to get IMAX scenes outside the theater.

And with the BvS reception, it's interesting compared with Suicide Squad or movies with higher rotten tomato percentages. While about a quarter gave it a thumbs up, I feel those reviewers are reasonably passionate about liking it and what it was going for. Where with a Suicide Squad, it's almost an ambivalent thumbs up.

a916

There's people that complained about the intro... the intro is downright perfection. Bruce's descent into madness metaphorically as he falls into the well and the Bats take him into the light with Hans Zimmer magic running at 110%... if that's not a GOAT tier scene, I don't know what is.

Firemind

Why is Thomas trying to punch an armed man?

Why does Martha's necklace break like from the recoil?

Why is young Bruce being carried by bats?

Why is Thomas trying to punch an armed man?

Why does Martha's necklace break like from the recoil?

Why is young Bruce being carried by bats?
Because not punching him worked out so well in the other origin stories.

Because physics (also great visual)

Because dreamssssssss

Penguin

Some Justice League hats

AW-WBCP-Join-The-League-week-2-New-Era-Hats-Cyborg.jpg

AW-WBCP-Join-The-League-week-2-New-Era-Hats-Aquaman.jpg

AW-WBCP-Join-The-League-week-2-New-Era-Hats-Batman.jpg

AW-WBCP-Join-The-League-week-2-New-Era-Hats-Superman.jpg

AW-WBCP-Join-The-League-week-2-New-Era-Hats-The-Flash.jpg

AW-WBCP-Join-The-League-week-2-New-Era-Hats-Wonder-Woman.jpg

That opening followed by "The world is introduced to the Superman" is fantastic, with zimmer's score blaring as the icing on the cake.

And I know people are kinda tired of seeing the waynes getting shot at but in this case, for better or worse, it actually was important to the overall plot instead of being just a quick recap of why this guy is dressed as a bat.

I dig it.

strafer

I'm starting to get real paranoid, I saw Hans Zimmers name trending on Twitter and thought; not him too, turns out they're just tweeting about his concert.

Ashhong

oh my god. fucking love amber heard

Heads up, early fan screenings for WW will go up at 6pm eastern today! That's 1 hour and 15 minutes from this post.

Check the official Wonder Woman twitter and/or Gal's Twitter to get the sign up links. It's first come first serve.

https://twitter.com/GalGadot/status/865295905821306880

But will the actual screening also be first come first serve?! hate that shit. some of us have to work god dammit

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I went to the BvS one last year, but the IMAX server broke and we didn't get to see the last 30 minutes... I'm gonna try and sign up for this one too if there's one in Seattle.

Ashhong

I went to the BvS one last year, but the IMAX server broke and we didn't get to see the last 30 minutes... I'm gonna try and sign up for this one too if there's one in Seattle.

Were you guaranteed seats? Or did you have to wait in a long line and hope you'll get in?

BvS screening was peculiar because the previous year, they had an event to see the trailer in IMAX, where the surprise was everyone there would come back the following year to see the movie in IMAX. So, unlike other screenings, it was in an IMAX theater, and I didn't need to wait in line. Plus with the trailer leaking and releasing early, the theater wasn't as full.

Top Bottom