• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

strafer

CtsyHxDUMAA00wX.jpg

I cant...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
CtsyHxDUMAA00wX.jpg

I cant...

I was about to say how I was only giving Legends of Tomorrow 2 or 3 episodes to see if I would drop it...but maybe I can survive until the crossover.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Strongest female regulars in these shows. I wonder how Kara's sister Alex would fare against White Canary.
Sara would WRECK Alex. It wouldn't even be close, haha. League of Assassins member vs DEO Agent should never be a challenge.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
She does teach Kara how to fight, and she trains against Martian. It shouldn't be a pushover.
Yeah, but it's still basic training for a DEO agent. Kara is coming in with zero fighting experience and Alex is just giving her the basics. I'd say DEO Agents and SHIELD Agents have the same amount of training and skill give or take. But then you have the specialized fighters like Black Widow/Agent May or ... hmmm can't think of any DC TV equivalents right now. I'd say Alex is just "slightly" ahead of the average DEO Agent, but still no where close to League of Assassins or Black Widow territory.

Joni

Yeah, but it's still basic training for a DEO agent. Kara is coming in with zero fighting experience and Alex is just giving her the basics. I'd say DEO Agents and SHIELD Agents have the same amount of training and skill give or take. But then you have the specialized fighters like Black Widow/Agent May or ... hmmm can't think of any DC TV equivalents right now. I'd say Alex is just "slightly" ahead of the average DEO Agent, but still no where close to League of Assassins or Black Widow territory.

I think the show wants us to believe she'll be at least Agent May level, who although not shown is the same level as Black Widow. She'd probably kill ten League of Assassin ninjas in a 1 vs 10. Oliver on the island was enough to become League level, professional DEO agent seems like she should be the same level.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I think the show wants us to believe she'll be at least Agent May level, who although not shown is the same level as Black Widow. She'd probably kill ten League of Assassin ninjas in a 1 vs 10. Oliver on the island was enough to become League level, professional DEO agent seems like she should be the same level.
I always get disappointed at how the League Ninjas are portrayed on Arrow. They SHOULD be top level fighters for them to even be IN the League, yet a one year trained Laurel was kicking their ass. League members should've wiped the floor with everyone on team Arrow except Oliver and Sara. But I get it, it's a TV show and the heroes have to win.

Joni

I always get disappointed at how the League Ninjas are portrayed on Arrow. They SHOULD be top level fighters for them to even be IN the League, yet a one year trained Laurel was kicking their ass. League members should've wiped the floor with everyone on team Arrow except Oliver and Sara. But I get it, it's a TV show and the heroes have to win.

No, it is mandatory for ninja to suck if there are more than 1 in a group.

ZeroX03

Banned
Alex would be pretty high up there, it seems by all accounts she's very good, but Sara is probably the strongest powerless female in the universe so far.

Oliver is still peak human, unless he's up against Anarky in which case he inexplicably loses so Thea has something to do.

bryanee

Ladies and gentlemen, we're back this week!

Ooooooooooooooh I like it when I forget when the things I love start back up and then find a post like yours that reminds me and it cheers em up.

Gotham
Lucifer
Arrow
Flash

And then Legends and Supergirl next week. All that in one week.

ZeroX03

Banned
Am I reading the wrong rumors or did someone on Arrow straight-up confirm
they're bringing Laurel back to life?

Haven't heard anything about that. She's still an Arrowverse cast member, and will be in a few episodes, but as flashbacks or potentially the Earth-2 version.

Haven't heard anything about that. She's still an Arrowverse cast member, and will be in a few episodes, but as flashbacks or potentially the Earth-2 version.
I can't find the direct source but it was Mericle saying they were going to
bring her back and she would be alive and well. Unless the phrasing was off or I misread it in which I apologize, that screams more Laurel coming back alive then a flashback or Black Siren.

ZeroX03

Banned
I can't find the direct source but it was Mericle saying they were going to
bring her back and she would be alive and well. Unless the phrasing was off or I misread it in which I apologize, that screams more Laurel coming back alive then a flashback or Black Siren.

Katie Cassidy did sign a deal to be a series regular across all Arrow-verse shows. What ways might we see her appear in Arrow outside of just flashbacks?
Mericle: I can tell you that we're really excited about having her back. You will see in the episodes where she appears - Episode 510 definitely, our midseason premiere. Keep your eyes out for that. We're so excited about getting to work with her again and her willingness to come back. It's one of the fun parts of the show. People can leave and get killed and you can still find new and crazy ways for them to come back. I can definitely tell you that there's a way we're going to bring her back and she's going to be alive and well. And Flashpoint might have a little bit to do with that.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season-5-spoilers-oliver-queen/

This? I wouldn't take it as confirmation that regular old Laurel is coming back. So far we know she's in Arrow's #5.01, #5.08 and #5.10 and very likely The Flash and possibly Legends.

Am I reading the wrong rumors or did someone on Arrow straight-up confirm
they're bringing Laurel back to life?

The only thing we know for a fact is that Katie Cassidy has a regular contract this season that can be called in across any of the four series, instead of being bound to one show. There are a lot of ways this could be used. She could appear in flashbacks on Arrow or Legends of Tomorrow. She has an evil doppleganger in the pipeline on Flash. They could do something we don't even see coming, like have an Earth Supergirl version of Laurel/Dinah. So plot-wise, we know nothing. Just that the actress who played her has a contract.

EDIT:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season-5-spoilers-oliver-queen/

This? I wouldn't take it as confirmation that regular old Laurel is coming back.

Yeah. That has me thinking Black Siren makes a face turn.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They're definitely going to do something with Black Siren. Her being kept alive and Team Flash keeping it a secret set off my FUTURE DRAMA alarm. I'm surprised they killed off Killer Frost though. They could have played around with that more in the future.

ZeroX03

Banned
They're definitely going to do something with Black Siren. Her being kept alive and Team Flash keeping it a secret set off my FUTURE DRAMA alarm. I'm surprised they killed off Killer Frost though. They could have played around with that more in the future.

She's coming back. Episode #3.07.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Sara would WRECK Alex. It wouldn't even be close, haha. League of Assassins member vs DEO Agent should never be a challenge.

You'd think so, but DEO Agents have fought Kryptonians. LoA seem to lose to everyone on Arrow. Berlanti-verse is topsy turvy.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Like, there's levels to this:

1) No, she's not. You can have preferences and whatever but you should hopefully be capable enough to discern why a sizeable group of people may find someone attractive.

2) Who the fuck cares what you think.

3) Who the fuck cares in general.

Penguin

I mean not the 5-days in a row we wanted

Vixen is back on the prowl. The second season of CW Seed's animated series based on the DC Comics hero—spinning off from the live-action Arrow universe—will premiere on Thursday, Oct. 13.

Following the season premiere (streaming on the CW Seed app and at cwseed.com), new episodes will be released on Fridays, giving fans five straight days of DC Comics heroes, including The CW's prime-time line-up of Supergirl (Mondays), The Flash (Tuesdays), Arrow (Wednesdays) and DC's Legends of Tomorrow (Thursdays).

Grizzlyjin

Smallville got added to Hulu a few days ago. Curiosity got the best of me and I went back to some older episodes. As much as I hate on how fucking stupid the show was most of the time, the cast is pretty great. The Kents, Lois, and Chloe especially.

ZeroX03

Banned
No Legends thread yet, here's the synopsis for the #2.02 "The Justice Society of America".
TEAM WORK — The Legends travel to Nazi-occupied Paris, but find themselves surrounded by the Justice Society of America (AKA JSA.) The Legends discover a time aberration that threatens the JSA, but the JSA wants nothing to do with them or their help. Nevertheless, the Legends force their way into the JSA’s mission to intercept and seize a mysterious package. Nate (Nick Zano) is desperate to prove that he should be part of the team, but he has a secret that he shares with his grandfather Commander Steel (Matthew MacCaull) that might make it difficult. Ray (Brandon Routh) is so focused on impressing the JSA, he puts himself and Vixen (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) in danger. Meanwhile, Stein (Victor Garber) has stepped in as the leader with Rip (Arthur Darvill) gone, but when decisions aren’t being made Sara (Caity Lotz) seems to be the one calling the shots. Dominic Purcell and Franz Drameh also star. Michael Grossman directed the episode written by Chris Fedak & Sarah Nicole Jones (#202). Original airdate 10/20/2016.

I do kinda wish Caity had been cast as Laurel/Dinah though if they did I'd also wish they'd had her training over those five years instead of what we got with Katie which they bungled hard. On the other hand Caity was pretty bad for a lot of the scenes that required acting in season two though she's gotten better. Hell, it's too bad for continuity sake they didn't get Caity sooner for Sara.

I mean not the 5-days in a row we wanted

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't just a 30 minute thing split into five or six parts. I think this year I'll just wait until it's over and watch it all at once.

ZeroX03

Banned
Caity is better as Sara. Sara's character is designed to be rather stoic and not show the most emotional range. She plays physicality far better than speaking it, I would assume from her dancing/martial art background.

Can you imagine all the crying drama scenes in S1 with Caity playing them? Boy

Top Bottom