• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

phen0m24

Isn't Trials all about bragging rights, because the loot is not great ;)
If people are enjoying those sweaty matches they will certainly play in that division. I thought it was a nice idea so that most people get a fair shot at getting there.

PS. I got the Messenger 2.0, it is no more :(

Now that looks hot, but no Bueno in comparison with Year 1 Messenger? :( sadness

And I think that idea is cool!

Saw your post about starting a P4G playthrough earlier, which was funny because I only just started my first playthrough. P4G bros fistbump!

Anyway, so what if you cant get to the lighthouse? The only thing you are missing out on is a single 310-320 primary infusion fodder gun. Par the scout rifle, which you can get through normal play. The only other thing is an emblem.

Seriously, if youre not that good at PVP, just complete the bounties and be done with it. The lighthouse is not worth the grind.

If you want to go because of the mental aspect, then thats all on you man.

Oh my gosh I was playing it a bit before bed last night. (Was exhausted) the music, the characters, everything. The game is just... sogood.gif

Listen I have a 309 Treads with Crowd Control, Field Scout and Outlaw. I'm fine in that department then. It's just a bummer not to be able to hit the apex once or twice - even in a carry for those of us without pride - it's cool to run around on mercury. It's like an episode of MTV cribs seeing how the l337 live, if only until reset. ;)

I still didn't order those stroopies. Maybe for Christmas.

(Waves at Mah Dutchies)

We don't think we will get to oryx. Just even up to war priest would be enough

Ok, I will jump on with my 310ish Hunter then to help out a bit. Feel free to invite someone else if you want someone that can stick around longer. Should be good for an hour os so though.

tp_Drewz is my PSN.

daedalius

So in trials there is still radar, AND you spawn with special ammo?

Wat

Where is my inferno clash or control playlist so I can pseudo enjoy pvp?

Ken

Do you know what you get when you take 50/50 nine times? Or even 7? And that's not the real number because you have the cream of the crop in there running for fun or for streams or for their friends or alternate characters. The real difficulty is far higher than that. Plus you still have the exploiters and cheaters as well.

Also most everyone on the forum would be called hardcore by Bungie and yet people in this sub struggle or have never even been to the lighthouse. When you say hardcore you are talking about the 1% of the 1%. That's just not ok by me.

Difficult achievements are difficult. It really doesn't matter who you go up against as long as it feels like a good and close match. Someone has to win and someone has to lose.

Hardcore at time spent in game and managing three characters, maybe. Much less when talking about being hardcore at PVE and PVP, IMO.

I'm actually in favor of the idea that Deku (I think) posted yesterday about putting characters that already went flawless in a separate "division" where they can battle it out. That way, there will be less carries and other not super elite players would get a chance to go to the Lighthouse, rather than getting blocked every time.

Season-based ranked arena would be cool as well since it's probably more exciting to play for something with a bit more persistence than a weekend.

Future

Sounds like they need to make trials like street fighter championship mode. Put players in tiers and pit the tiers against each other. Eventually top players move up and out allowing the next tier of talent to move up. Reward the highest tier with not better loot but more grind related rewards and more chances at rolls

If players have to run into Unstable whenever they are 7-0 they'll never go flawless

Ken

Sounds like they need to make trials like street fighter championship mode. Put players in tiers and pit the tiers against each other. Eventually top players move up and out allowing the next tier of talent to move up. Reward the highest tier with not better loot but more grind related rewards and more chances at rolls

If players have to run into Unstable whenever they are 7-0 they'll never go flawless

How long does Championship mode last?

Future

How long does Championship mode last?

I'd reset it if not every week, at least every month. Destiny needs some kind of visible ranking system anyway tbh. It should be fun working your way up the ladder.

I would never have played street fighter tournament mode if I had to face daigo at the top every time. The fact that the best players fly out of your rank fast means I get more competition at my level. That way everyone has a reasonable chance to get to the end, and their skills can improve as they do so working their way to the top elite. Top elite feel good too as they earn bragging rights and more potential rolls at the top

Phear

Hey guys, i'm looking for someone to do the Trials with, but my mic doesn't work. Anyone up for some "casual" rounds (allthough i think im quite good)?

Hit me up, if you got a free slot. PSN is NemesisWhip.

RexNovis

Banned
Hey guys, i'm looking for someone to do the Trials with, but my mic doesn't work. Anyone up for some "casual" rounds (allthough i think im quite good)?

Hit me up, if you got a free slot. PSN is NemesisWhip.

Sure I'll invite you. Other person dropped though so we will need 1 more

As much as I dislike Bannerfall for trials I can't think of a TTK map that would be better than it. Drifter is garbage due to one open area and a bunch of 4 feet tall tubes masquerading as tunnels. Frontier would be a boring snipe fest. Vertigo would play too campy I think. Crossroads has too many ways to cross the map for it to feel right. Dungeons would just be sniping left or right hallways with an occasional middle flank. Memento has those awful stairs. Cathedral of Dusk has a decent layout but is way too big.

The biggest problem is all these maps favor one playstyle too heavily. The best thing about Burning Shrine, and Widow's Court for trials maps was that engagements could easily be had at short or long range with decent success either way.

Carbonox

Is the 300-310 gear still dropping for characters under 300? My Hunter is 308 and done with Trials for now but my Warlock and Titan are around 290.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
No fool me.

ghhhj.gif

Born2Live

Finally got Zhalo(thanks Xur) and a 310 Jade Rabbit yesterday. Just need a HM Oryx kill on my Hunter then I can put some practice in on Trials.

Ty

Top Bottom