• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Ken

No no they really did not do the opposit at all. We had boons before and unlimited tries before. Now they actively group winners to winners especially the further in you go. The difficulty is markedly higher and I'm not the only one who thinks so. Pretty much everyone says so and Bungie is on record as saying you should expect it to be tougher.

So working as intended?

I'm of the opinion that trials lighthouse shouldn't be relegated to the best .01% of PVP players. It should be the top 20% or so.

Why not just the top 100% of PvPers? Also, I'd be curious how accurate that .01% number is.

Mr Goldenmyer

Neo Member
Took me 2 cards but my group and I managed to finally go flawless. Its was an intense last couple of games. I actually managed to pull 11-0 in the final match.

I ended up getting a 310 truth as well as a 318 adept scout. All I need now is that Titan helmet and I'm set! Trials has been very kind to me unlike last year...

Well not quite getting there is one thing but to sit back and watch your party members get to the lighthouse while you sit there looking at your empty boon slots with 7 kills is another. Can't believe I let that happen. Then of course the next match was the most difficult.

Agreed, feel your pain man, had that happen today as well, not fun. Going 8-1 never is.

GlamFM

Banned
So working as intended?

Why not just the top 100% of PvPers?

I actually think the lighthouse should be reachable for EVERYBODY in some way. I feel straight up locked out of content I own.

This is the beauty of IB, even if you are a bad player you can still make all the progress needed - it just takes you longer.

gatti-man

So working as intended?

Why not just the top 100% of PvPers?

This is elitist bullcrap man. Why cap trials lighthouse to a tiny percent of players? It should be like hard mode raid. As in if your very good you should get to go. Not if you are extremely elite.

Yes it is working as intended. Bungie is making trials an ultra elite, teeth grinding affair if you want to go 9-0. It's a time wasting shit storm right now and it will only get worse as the casuals quit off.

Let's put it this way. I'm going to buy a. Gaming monitor tomorrow so I can get an edge for trials because I already see where this is going. My big screen has too much lag to battle the elite of pvp. That's ridiculous. I shouldn't have to do that.

Ken

This is elitist bullcrap man. Why cap trials lighthouse to a tiny percent of players? It should be like hard mode raid. As in if your very good you should get to go. Not if you are extremely elite.

Yes it is working as intended. Bungie is making trials an ultra elite, teeth grinding affair if you want to go 9-0. It's a time wasting shit storm right now and it will only get worse as the casuals quit off.

20% is still a small number. What of the other 80%?

Ghazi

Well Flawless dreams for today are dead. LFG just isn't cutting it, though I learnt many interesting facts including that Black Spindle is the only gun in the game that can revive snipe! Amazing, I never knew!

I was revive sniping in our matches earlier with my 1000 yard stare!

gatti-man

20% is still a small number. What of the other 80%?

20% is 19% more than who is going to get to the lighthouse now that Bungie did what they did. Before you could practice and with effort get it done. Now? No. I think the hill is too high and people will just be hard locked out. That's not right.

GlamFM

Banned
This is hot:

ziXxFbr.png

This is not:

AvM4gga.jpg

Ken

20% is 19% more than who is going to get to the lighthouse now that Bungie did what they did. Before you could practice and with effort get it done. Now? No. I think the hill is too high and people will just be hard locked out. That's not right.

I don't know, I think it's totally acceptable for them to make content that caters to both the casual and hardcore crowd which is probably why I don't see your argument.

Trials seems fine since it's geared towards hardcore players but also eased a bit with the boons. And what's wrong with getting matched up with other groups with similar Trials cards? It's a 50/50 chance of winning per match and that's what skill based PvP should aim for.

Zocano

I don't know, I think it's totally acceptable for them to make content that caters to both the casual and hardcore crowd which is probably why I don't see your argument.

Basically my view. Trials from the outset was billed as extremely top end PvP.

Agreed, I think the issue people are having is that they are used to being able to get 9-0 with a little work and now (on the first day) it seems to be slightly more challenging.

phen0m24

I prefer to play crucible when both Trials and Iron Banner are going on. I feel competitive that way.
not really though

I have no problem with it (Trial$) existing for the uber players but there is a degree of staring in through the window at something like the Lighthouse*. Maybe make a pve map there so we can also go there albeit on much different non-1337 terms

*I have been fortunate to go there with Unstable and almost made it with Daryll and Grimlock once as it existed before

I prefer to play crucible when both Trials and Iron Banner are going on. I feel competitive that way.
not really though

I have no problem with it existing for the uber players but there is a degree of staring in through the window at something like the Lighthouse. Maybe make a pve map there so we can also go there albeit on much different non-1337 terms

I'm actually in favor of the idea that Deku (I think) posted yesterday about putting characters that already went flawless in a separate "division" where they can battle it out. That way, there will be less carries and other not super elite players would get a chance to go to the Lighthouse, rather than getting blocked every time.

Zocano

I'm actually in favor of the idea that Deku (I think) posted yesterday about putting characters that already went flawless in a separate "division" where they can battle it out. That way, there will be less carries and other not super elite players would get a chance to go to the Lighthouse, rather than getting blocked every time.

This is exactly how it should be, yes.

gatti-man

Trials seems fine since it's geared towards hardcore players but also eased a bit with the boons. And what's wrong with getting matched up with other groups with similar Trials cards? It's a 50/50 chance of winning per match and that's what skill based PvP should aim for.

Do you know what you get when you take 50/50 nine times? Or even 7? And that's not the real number because you have the cream of the crop in there running for fun or for streams or for their friends or alternate characters. The real difficulty is far higher than that. Plus you still have the exploiters and cheaters as well.

Also most everyone on the forum would be called hardcore by Bungie and yet people in this sub struggle or have never even been to the lighthouse. When you say hardcore you are talking about the 1% of the 1%. That's just not ok by me.

phen0m24

Which would be totally fine, but at that point you're only playing for bragging rights and not loot (I would guess). How populated would that scene be?

The rest of us (read:scrubs) would make a mad dash at reset hoping we're the last people to play trials and can go uncontested. ;) Because we're only there for the loot, if we're honest. (Just want messenger 2.0) ;)

vctor182

Oh man what a run! Went 9-0 but the last match was insane! We were down 4-0 our mercy was used up. Their supers ready, sunbreaker, bladedancer and voidwalker... Titan and hunter used them last round and we waited managed to win the round and slowly did the biggest turn around! We let out a fuck yeah! So loud lol

Got the hand cannon 312 and a 310 suros from mercury, 303 scout during the run and a 307 AR from the gold package. Bunch of armor too

FiraB

Banned
Give your PSN login to someone you trust and have him/her buy it for you.

Nah I have to farm the coins so asking someone to do that is just a dick move, just disappointed about it being the one weekend when I don't have my PS4 with me. Not to surprising though as my luck is just that bad and I should have seen it coming.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We did enough just to get the scout. It's my second one of the day, same exact perks. Hidden Hand and Full Auto.

I'm still up for some trials.

Which would be totally fine, but at that point you're only playing for bragging rights and not loot (I would guess). How populated would that scene be?

The rest of us (read:scrubs) would make a mad dash at reset hoping we're the last people to play trials and can go uncontested. ;) Because we're only there for the loot, if we're honest. (Just want messenger 2.0) ;)

Isn't Trials all about bragging rights, because the loot is not great ;)
If people are enjoying those sweaty matches they will certainly play in that division. I thought it was a nice idea so that most people get a fair shot at getting there.

PS. I got the Messenger 2.0, it is no more :(

the_id

Anyone wants to do a hard mode KF fresh? I'm with some friends who are low on light but need help to get their light level up enough to get to Oryx.

I'm a warlock at 312

PSN the_id
1. The_id
2. Thejustone
3. Chunkydip_

not really though

I have no problem with it (Trial$) existing for the uber players but there is a degree of staring in through the window at something like the Lighthouse*. Maybe make a pve map there so we can also go there albeit on much different non-1337 terms

*I have been fortunate to go there with Unstable and almost made it with Daryll and Grimlock once as it existed before

Saw your post about starting a P4G playthrough earlier, which was funny because I only just started my first playthrough. P4G bros fistbump!

Anyway, so what if you cant get to the lighthouse? The only thing you are missing out on is a single 310-320 primary infusion fodder gun. Par the scout rifle, which you can get through normal play. The only other thing is an emblem.

Seriously, if youre not that good at PVP, just complete the bounties and be done with it. The lighthouse is not worth the grind.

If you want to go because of the mental aspect, then thats all on you man.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Got the sniper.

Snapshot, shortgaze, and performance bonus. Too bad the impact is trash tier. Still searching for my HB successor.

pWFo7PM.png

Aka and Vic, join me when I get into orbit. Getting a new card, etc.

phen0m24

Wow I missed an entire OT with the craziness of moving and wife having our new baby hunter within 3 days, on top of not having internet for over a week (and still counting, though an email to Comcast corporate lit some fires under some asses) Seems like I missed a lot of disappointment lol. I am going to have to take my PS4 to work tomorrow to pay Xur a visit at least. Hope everyone doesn't quit by the time I am back up and running, miss you DGAF :)

Nice title btw

Congrats on the mini guardian, moridhin!! :)

the_id

Anyone wants to do a hard mode KF fresh? I'm with some friends who are low on light but need help to get their light level up enough to get to Oryx.

I'm a warlock at 312

PSN the_id
1. The_id
2. Thejustone
3. Chunkydip_

Just reposting this again. Would appreciate any help

Just reposting this again. Would appreciate any help

Do you expect with your current group to get up to Oryx without too much hassle? I am interested just not sure how much time I have, expecting a visitor. Don't want to bail on you half way through or anything.

the_id

Do you expect with your current group to get up to Oryx without too much hassle? I am interested just not sure how much time I have, expecting a visitor. Don't want to bail on you half way through or anything.
We don't think we will get to oryx. Just even up to war priest would be enough

Top Bottom