• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

vctor182

Cashed the silver tier bounty and got a 318 Graviton Forfeit!

Any trials groups forming or need a gunslinger? I can hold my own

EDIT: Vaalbar take me with you!

inthrall

Got to a 5-2 card, and what do I get as my 5th rank reward? A legendary engram. Brilliant.

EDIT: Looks like I got some 309 boots and it didn't show :D

In other news, we need a third to finish this run. Anyone wanna help us win
lose
the remainder?

Anyone want to take an average crucible player on to mess around in ToO?

That or any fresh/totems KF HM groups? Preferably experienced as to not spend all day on it however I will admit I haven't done HM Oryx yet. Have one NM Oryx many times though.

It's always been entertaining to follow this thread when Trials is active and Y2 is no different.

It's different. Year 1 PvP >>>>>>> Year 2 PvP.

I think the hand Cannons would fit into this meta if they'd buff them.

Pulse rifles stagger the heck out of snipers.

gatti-man

Trials bounties are cool but I really don't like how hard Bungie made it in trials to go 9-0. I had to dig super deep in my friends list and pull out the most elite players to do it. Before we could all take our own groups. Now it's super elite. I think we had to beat 4 teams with 9-0 new banners on our trip to the lighthouse.

Current trials map is a very very snipe heavy, camping map. And I've been head shotted while going all in with a pulse rifle. Doesn't matter.

GlamFM

Banned

I had more fun in the last IB than I ever had in Destiny PvP.

I´m pretty sure it´s because they got rid of handcannons that were basically snipers.

Ken

It's the first day of Y2 Trials. Give it a bit more time before denouncing the current meta as inferior. Seems reminiscient of the doom and gloom of KFHM on its first day.

Trials bounties are cool but I really don't like how hard Bungie made it in trials to go 9-0. I had to dig super deep in my friends list and pull out the most elite players to do it. Before we could all take our own groups. Now it's super elite. I think we had to beat 4 teams with 9-0 new banners on our trip to the lighthouse.

You have boons and an unlimited number of tries. If anything they did the opposite.

Saw a new kind of cheating/insanely bad connection today. This guy looked like he was vibrating, and he was immune to all non-hitscan damage. Grenades would go off right beside him and he would be untouched.

It's the first day of Y2 Trials. Give it a bit more time before denouncing the current meta as inferior. Seems reminiscient of the doom and gloom of KFHM on its first day.

It's not only Trials, the PvP has been like this since 2.0 came out. It's really boring having to wait matches out and playing lasertag with pulse rifles from the back of the map. Can't believe this is coming from me but snipers are ridiculous now. Every snipershot is a hit whether it came from me or from an enemy. Personally, I liked Y1 PvP waaay more.

Well Flawless dreams for today are dead. LFG just isn't cutting it, though I learnt many interesting facts including that Black Spindle is the only gun in the game that can revive snipe! Amazing, I never knew!

EJ! Let's run a card man.

Just woke up and will be running some raids with the clan. I should be on tomorrow for a card but I don't really feel Trials at the moment. Sorry!

Well Flawless dreams for today are dead. LFG just isn't cutting it, though I learnt many interesting facts including that Black Spindle is the only gun in the game that can revive snipe! Amazing, I never knew!

LOL, sharding my 1000-Yard Stare as we speak ;)
Although I do feel that the immune timer is a bit longer, I had to wait slightly longer to revive snipe.

gatti-man

You have boons and an unlimited number of tries. If anything they did the opposite.

No no they really did not do the opposit at all. We had boons before and unlimited tries before. Now they actively group winners to winners especially the further in you go. The difficulty is markedly higher and I'm not the only one who thinks so. Pretty much everyone says so and Bungie is on record as saying you should expect it to be tougher.

I'm of the opinion that trials lighthouse shouldn't be relegated to the best .01% of PVP players. It should be the top 20% or so.

Edit: this is coming from someone who went 9-0 today. It's legit much harder to do so now.

I have one but the perks on it suck, as usual. The Chaporone seems to do wonders,

I might just sit this one out.

No no I'd grind it out. I got a really good trials shotgun drop at 7 wins. There are good drops even if you can't get a 9-0 going. Also trials is harder now. Thanks to Bungies new matchmaking BS that's why they gave you the bounties. To try and still have incentives for people to play even though the difficulty is now ridiculous.

Well not quite getting there is one thing but to sit back and watch your party members get to the lighthouse while you sit there looking at your empty boon slots with 7 kills is another. Can't believe I let that happen. Then of course the next match was the most difficult.

Insaniac

SO whats your guys experience with Trials so far? As someone who as average at PVP, I got wrecked in Trials pre-TTK, barely scraped by with 3 wins, and hated every minute of it. In a post-thorn/TLW world, where supposedly the matchmaking has changed, is it worth my time to try for some trials loot?

edit: wow bottom of the page :(

Top Bottom