• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

I can confirm some tweaks to archon forge, the perfected ones seemed a bit easier - at least captains and dreg, the shank one is still tuned a little too hard since its 3 shanks with arc (?) shields PLUS a couple servitors who love to ass blast everyone.

Drop rates for offerings INSIDE archons forge were upped a lot, with 3-4 people everyone was getting one every two or so runs, so it was non stop chain running. One nice tip, fill up your inventory where offerings go, then they stay on the ground and will just sit there and accumulate. Then one person at a time can pick one up and offer it up. If you have an offering in your inventory it won't drop any more, but if your inventory is full and you don't have any it seems to drop every 60-70 fallen kills.

Still not a great way to level though imo, actual light level gear upgrades are far and few, at least for me. In 40+ AF runs I have gotten zero weapons from it.

RIP Drizz, I only interacted with him a few times farming glimmer in VOG or passing around the exotic chest checkpoint but he was always so warm and friendly in chat

Fresh new OT smell! Great job with the title Hawkian.

I'm really enjoying my time with Rise of Iron. The raid is definitely my favorite since Vault of Glass!

RIP to the one and only Dr. Drizzay!

LiK

Nice OT!

IS the Spekis 320 still viable for 350+?

Also, running that and Heroic Strikes is anyone wants to join.

Omnigul is still viable too. You just can't keep getting drops after killing her in the first encounter and dying to restart checkpoint.

Drizzay would have loved the Raid. Didn't play with him too often but he was awesome. Love this OT title.

Also about to finally try out my new Outbreak Prime.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Omnigul is still viable too. You just can't keep getting drops after killing her in the first encounter and dying to restart checkpoint.

So just look for that specific strike. Gotcha.

Also, if anyone wants to join just add me or join if there's space.

R0ckman

Last weeked I was with a group that found some round about way to pile like 10 plus people in the forge and we tried crashing the game by spamming supers. Frames were dropping pretty badly.

That new OT smell! Beautiful :)

Great tribute again. Gets me every time.

Edit: Bumping from the previous OT, trying to get another Xbox fresh WotM going tonight. Say 6 to 7 pm Eastern. Let me know here or Discord if interested!

WipedOut

GG Hawk...

Glad I got to go to Mercury with Drizz and take down that Fat Rat Bastard Oryx half a dozen times. Dude was one of a kind. Wish he was here to experience this new Raid with us.

Will be looking to do a relatively quick final raid OP monitor quest finish at 5:30/5:45ish eastern time if anyone would like to group up.

I have the checkpoint; however, it wont trigger the OP quest's last monitor as we left before finishing. If anyone has an active OP monitor quest final boss raid going with open spots at the time it would be AMAZING if i (or we) could join :) will check back. Feel free to hit me up on PS4: TheCanisDirus

soultron

Banned
Anyone need a Hunter (I've got a guy from LFG who's a Titan too) for their Be The Battery quest step for the exotic PR? I'd rather do this with an all GAF FT if possible.

What will the recommended light level be for trials this week? 360?
Light level differences are still pretty negligible in Trials and IB. You'll probably be fine as long as you're over 320 or so.

Very few encounters actually come down to light level differences.

XenoRaven

Great OP Hawk. Still miss you Drizz.

I don't know what standard operating procedure for Wall of Shame is, so I did top 20:

wallofshameot42hsk54.png

deadduck

Light level differences are still pretty negligible in Trials and IB. You'll probably be fine as long as you're over 320 or so.

Disagree, being 310 against 335 is noticable and often requires an extra shot.

Anyone need a Hunter (I've got a guy from LFG who's a Titan too) for their Be The Battery quest step for the exotic PR? I'd rather do this with an all GAF FT if possible.
I can join.
I have completed the full quest and can pickup either of those Siva puzzle boxes.
Lightsaberut

BTW nice op.Dr you will be missed.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, for the last few days I've played I have been decrypting everything at the Tower and I haven't had any luck. Today, I go to the RoI tower-- two purples from blues. Master Rahool can suck it.

Disagree, being 310 against 335 is noticable and often requires an extra shot.

I rarely noticed anything like that.

Regardless, I'd encourage anybody that enjoys Trials or wants the new gear to participate in the activity this weekend even if you aren't max LL yet.

If he were to ask "what's the recommended LL if I want to visit the Lighthouse this weekend?" I'd answer as high as possible!

What will the recommended light level be for trials this week? 360?

Trials recommended will most likely be 370+. When it dropped in Taken King it was LL 310.

You will take 1 extra point of damage, per shot, for every 10 LL above the enemy is. I wouldn't recommend it. At LL 320 snipers higher level will be able to 1 shot body kill you.

I mean, on the plus side, everyone you face will have their TTK increased dramatically. So there's that!

Strider

If archon forge is that much better I might just look for a group for it tonight. I have an enhanced siva offering but can't remember the recommended LL for that... I'm currently at 345 tho

ch4fx_

Have they fixed the problem with some Strikes dropping 240 light level gear?

Patch notes for reference!

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45313/7_Destiny-Hotfix---092816

-Fixed an issue where the Abomination Heist Strike was not dropping rewards with the correct Light

-Fixed an issue where the Winter's Run Strike was not dropping rewards with the correct Light

-Fixed an issue where the Echo Chamber Strike was appearing in the wrong playlist

-Omnigul will now drop rewards once during a Strike and will require the Strike to be finished to drop additional rewards

hadar

If archon forge is that much better I might just look for a group for it tonight. I have an enhanced siva offering but can't remember the recommended LL for that... I'm currently at 345 tho

IIRC its 340 for enhanced and 360 for perfected

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I need to start lurking/posting more here, the solo life gets, well.. lonely at times

Add me, dude. Always down to run with others.

What time you thinking?

Top Bottom