• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

hadar

TWAB is out, IB next week with Supremacy as the game mode.

Don't really know how to feel about that, that cloak tho'!

Edit: Beaten like a dreg

darthbob

Remember that per the good doctor, 100 posts per page is the only way to fly.

New page hype!

you're almost right

3rEl5IE.png

Swhalen

I'm looking into getting into a raid group tonight. Only problem is that I haven't attempted the raid yet. I've done every raid previously and I know I can learn it. I don't suppose any groups would be willing to take me along?

Got a skeleton key out of the undying mind, decide to use it... Terrible Imago Loop roll. Should've saved it to try for Taniks' Cloak. :'(

Also played with two guys that néver used their supers, like at all. Absolutely disgusting.

Zakalwe

Banned
Looking forward to my first raid run tomorrow, but I know it won't be the same without Drizz.

As he was for many others, he was the linchpin of our group and constantly kept us motivated and having fun regardless of how many times we messed up our flawless runs. There are tonnes of great people playing of course, but he was something else.

Pah, I'll dedicate my shameful amount of posts in the last thread to you D. x

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think Driz might have rated WotM above VoG.
Personally, I do. It has the luck in its corner of having my favorite visual aesthetic both for the setting and gear ('cept that hunter cloak, ew), and it also wins out in that dual-criteria I discussed in the last Mythocast:
1) How does it play as a first-time raid?
2) How does it play as a fiftieth-time raid?

So it's my personal favorite. Even though VoG's descent earns it the win in category one.

I do think Drizz would have liked it a hell of a lot too. I'm not sure if he'd rank it higher or not, but I bet it would be in the running.

If I remember correctly, Drizz's favorite encounter was HM Templar, and there isn't any encounter quite like that in WotM- though some elements from it are interspersed throughout, especially during
the final fight's teleport/DPS phases.

Though I will say, having experienced them all, I do very much wish for something analogous to the Gorgon's Labyrinth to appear in a raid again.

Axoman

From the weekly update:

Victoria: We’re looking into the way Destiny: Rise of Iron rewards the completion of activities with items that will increase your Light. Currently, our opinion is that Ghosts and Artifacts are dropping less frequently than intended, making it difficult for players to reach higher Light after 365. In the weeks to come, we’ll be investigating a solution that provides alternate max Light sources for these two slots. Additionally, when the Heroic Raid is released, many Activities and all Engrams will increase their maximum Light, making it easier overall to progress.

I just have to interpret this as "in the weeks to come, you'll all be high enough level we can remove the artificial progression barriers we had at launch."

Dante316

Yeah, I can wait. I'm just killing time doing Plaugelander stuff right now.

Thanks for offering. Warlocks are clearly hella VIP right now! :)

Awesome, might be even less than 15 min till I'm home, not much traffic, this quest is the nightfall, forge and 3 crucible matches?

Hey guys I got a duplicate of a weapon ornament. Is it possible for me to delete just one of them? There are 2 in the same slot in my inventory and I'm nervous if I click dismantle it will break down both

soultron

Banned
Awesome, might be even less than 15 min till I'm home, not much traffic, this quest is the nightfall, forge and 3 crucible matches?

Yep. If you and tick don't care about KDR, we can just go into Elim and let the opponents kill us over and over for 3 matches. (Thanks to lightsaberut for the tip!)

Got a skeleton key out of the undying mind, decide to use it... Terrible Imago Loop roll. Should've saved it to try for Taniks' Cloak. :'(

Also played with two guys that néver used their supers, like at all. Absolutely disgusting.

Did they have that new artifact that removes your super?

Looks like next week's IB armor rewards are just the Days of Iron gear :(

Same base set, but there are noticeable differences in the details, such as chain mail vs fur on some pieces.

They will also drop with PvP perks like the old IB sets did. Days of Iron stuff is all static PvE perks for the most part. Also, shotgun ammo...who needs that? Where's my sniper at?

Only positive is Days of Iron has the ornaments.

Jinjo

From the weekly update:

I just have to interpret this as "in the weeks to come, you'll all be high enough level we can remove the artificial progression barriers we had at launch."

The progression will be the same, except this time packages & exotics will go up to 400 and perhaps legendaries up till 385. It's a LL increase to accompany the HM, or did you want everyone to be 400 going into WotM NM? Going into WotM NM as a 385 first time imo should not have been possible either.

SeanR1221

My friend is getting on in a few and wants to run his first nightfall. I already ran it but don't mind helping him. Anyone wanna fill a third slot?

PSN SeanR1221

Ramirez

The Thorn quest was awful, if you're going to bother padding out your exotic quest lines, at least make it interesting. Consume 5 motes of light to cleanse the weapon...really?

Axoman

The progression will be the same, except this time packages & exotics will go up to 400 and perhaps legendaries up till 385. It's a LL increase to accompany the HM, or did you want everyone to be 400 going into WotM NM? Going into WotM NM as a 385 first time imo should not have been possible either.

What's wrong with people being 400 already for hard mode? Same as with people being 385 by the release of normal mode.

It doesn't hurt me one bit if others want to play non-stop to reach max light.

What does hurt me is the current progression system. I've got limited time to play the game these days and I've only reached 355 so far.

With both Taken King and the April update, I could play for an hour or two and gain 4-5 light levels basically doing what I wanted to. With the current system, I can play those same 1-2 hours and gain 1-2 overall light levels doing only strikes.

Same base set, but there are noticeable differences in the details, such as chain mail vs fur on some pieces.

They will also drop with PvP perks like the old IB sets did. Days of Iron stuff is all static PvE perks for the most part. Also, shotgun ammo...who needs that? Where's my sniper at?

Only positive is Days of Iron has the ornaments.
Oh, I didn't realize that. Never mind then! That's different enough for me.

What's up Ron, we played a while ago during VoG. Trying to organize a group for tonight on X1 for a fresh run. GT same as here. I'll send a note if we have a full squad.

Whats up man, been awhile how you been?. If a spot is open give me a holler be more than happy to raid it up with some Gafers instead of majority of times lfg. I'm sure most know how much of a shit show that can be with ppl not listening/communicating arguments etc etc.
It's entertaining listening to alot of it sometimes but I've had my fill of hearing the bickering and ppl kicking others over and over just to spend 10 min to find another just to have them leave or be kicked as well this week in the 1 run I've done lol.

Number45

Is it not possible to do more than five of the RoI quests in hard mode at the moment? I've done:

Download Complete
The Iron Tomb
The Plaguelands
King of the Mountain
The Walls Come Down

... but everything else with the RoI icon doesn't have a hard option. All others raid related?

JJShadow

I know this may seem a stupid question, but can you actually get gauntlets or helmets from faction packages, or only chest armors? Last 6 armor packages I've opened turned out to be a chest piece and a class item. I think I should pray to RNGesus

darthbob

Is it not possible to do more than five of the RoI quests in hard mode at the moment? I've done:

Download Complete
The Iron Tomb
The Plaguelands
King of the Mountain
The Walls Come Down

... but everything else with the RoI icon doesn't have a hard option. All others raid related?

It counts if you replay them IIRC.

Top Bottom