• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Frostburn

Well my plan I talked about a page or two back worked. I went from 363 to 366 after Daily, Missions, Public Event, Heroic Strike Runs, hit 365 after popping Eris, Cryptarc and Vanguard rep packages then deciding my Exotics in order or priority. Still some things at 365 and ghost stuck at 364 since I didn't get lucky on package ghost drops, about to level Dead Orbit and hope for the best and I'm ready to raid!

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
anyone wanna farm 320 Sepiks or do Strikes? i'll be happy to join for an hour or two.

Know it doesn't help you now, but you going to be around tomorrow morning?

Also, wondering whether or not to get the Khvostov 7G-0X Exotic Assault Rifle. I can't image unequipping my Ghorn for anything.

It is very complicated but it's completely solved now. There are extensive guides and even calculators that solve the math problems for you in a second. Took my group five hours to do the whole thing.

I guess if you do it three times then you can get 3x 390 LL primaries.

Cool man I hope I can raid or do something with you guys later on. I missed playing this game

figpc

Neo Member
Lets try this again. Looking for a warlock to do the Exotic pulse quest. already got the engine but have not started the second part. I have a Hunter already. PSN is Figpc

I havnt played Destiny since the first expansion. I might not have even finished that. However, remembering the tight controls, and loot is making me want to jump back in. What content is still viable? Would I be wasting my time playing the second expansion, especially if I get the item that levels a character up to lvl 40? Also, are some missions still not present in matchmaking? Thanks, for taking the time to read and answer

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Is 390 the LL limit right now?

I havnt played Destiny since the first expansion. I might not have even finished that. However, remembering the tight controls, and loot is making me want to jump back in. What content is still viable? Would I be wasting my time playing the second expansion, especially if I get the item that levels a character up to lvl 40? Also, are some missions still not present in matchmaking? Thanks, for taking the time to read and answer

I did the same, though I only played vanilla. Most of the content is still viable if you have not played it yet. Go through the story missions to level up and by the time you hit RoI you will be around 280 light and ready to go. If you do the 40 boost, it is just a matter of getting better gear. The game will give you some items that help, but you will need to run through some old content to raise the LL. It also depends on how much of the game you want to skip-- though, the TTK record book is done (someone back me up on this point).

Jinjo

So joining someones raid who has done all the monitors will let you get the exotic quest?

Yes, but you can not join in progress after they have killed Aksis. It locks the fireteam. I tried going in with an alt once to hit up the siva key chest and it wouldn't let me back in.

Did you drop in after they opened the chest and had access to it? I'm pretty sure if you beat the boss and are there at the end you get it.

Ohh, I haven't done it, won't be able till tomorrow most likely. Just wondering if if it would be the easiest way, of course if you're lucky enough to find a group that's done everything but the last fight.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Spent all my legendary marks on that the other day. Got it for trials. The Last Word is good but the swap to animation irks me and gets me killed a lot. Looking forward to testing out the Palindrome tonight.

The range alone makes it worth the marks imo. Spray and play doesnt hurt either.

JJShadow

It is awesome, I have a hopscotch with range and full auto but without that reload on kill it's just not the same.

Yeah, I have a Hopscotch as well with almost a god roll but the Bad Juju is simply the best, that reload on kill and Super charge perks are fucking amazing

The Palindrome is pretty nice.

One of the best HC in the game nowadays, the vendor roll is almost perfect. My primary weapon to go since I bought it

SaganIsGOAT

Does anyone know why this happens? I got this cool pair of gloves I like but when I zoom in they disappear :(

29771457802_437d41ec71_o.png

29850066056_42bdeabac2_o.png

Gonna need one for Aksys, have all monitors done.

Need 1 for last raid boss. All monitors done so far.

Psn: Megabroon
I wish that I didn't have to drop out. That was a really good group :)

Hope you guys got it done!

The raid is really fun - the mechanics require communication but are pretty forgiving. I can see Aksis getting crazy (only had a couple of runs before I had to drop out) but once light levels are above 380, I can see it being pretty farm-able.

Being below 370 for Aksis sucks, the captains absorb a lot of hits. I hit 367 though, shouldn't take too much to hit 370.

delume

I have never wanted Xur to arrive more. I've run out of strange coins and stalled at 380. Is there a group of New Zealand/Aussie guardians looking for a raid runner? Ran it last week on release but the group got gear checked at Aksis (we were low to mid 360s.) Really want to have another crack at it now I am 15 light levels higher. 😃

Edit: I'm on PS4.

Deku Tree

The best thing about this new raid is that it doesn't require one player to have "star player" status at any point and everyone has to contribute fully.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
nah, i'll be at work. i can only be on during the evenings during the weekday.

Actually, it looks like the wife's gonna give up the telly so I'll be around at 815EST or so. Strider is you are still down to run, I have a green offering. I am half in the bag so don't expect perfection (well, that is true for sober times, too).

Kalamari

You people that only like Xur for his Heavy Synth, he's so much more than just a Heavy Synth vendor, he brings lots of special things like sparrow upgrades and exotic armor and weapons.

The best thing about this new raid is that it doesn't require one player to have "star player" status at any point and everyone has to contribute fully.

Agreed.

This is easily my favorite raid since VOG. I just enjoy the aesthetic way more then Crotas or Taken King. That entrance to the last boss is epic. I think it has the coolest entrance to any raid also and I enjoy the jumping puzzles far more then the ones in TK. VOG imo has been challenged for best raid in Destiny. Really curious to see what hard mode and the challenges bring.

Blunoise

I know this is late but would anyone perhaps want to do the exotic quest for the raid for the engine at 1 am est. I am warlock

wow, they finally made iron banner weapons unique looking.

aesthetically, this has been my favorite expansion by far. it's not even close.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
wow, they finally made iron banner weapons unique looking.

aesthetically, this has been my favorite expansion by far. it's not even close.

Yeah, I really love it. Story content is a bit light, but the other stuff is nice. I even love the Forge more than the PoE.

Jumping on now. Unless my clanmates are available I should be soloing stuff so feel free to add and join. I'll even run old stuff if lower level players need help.

tick221

Looking for 3 to complete the Outbreak Prime quest by taking down the first boss 3 times. We will be ready in about 30 minutes

1. Tick221
2. Dante316
3. soultron

SeanR1221

My buddy is pretty much raid ready now. We could use 4 for a fresh run. I only know the mechanics for the first two parts :/

PSN SeanR1221

Are there variants without the fixed perks? The Iron Lords set looks amazing save for the horrendous locked perks. If I didn't love PvP so much, I'd be decked out in that instead. The ornamented versions look spectacular.

Yeah, record book gear is basically the IB gear. IB gear will drop with random perks as usual, including PvP specific perks (think control king or second wind). It will not have ornaments though.

The record book gear which turns into the Iron Lords is all static and fixed perks.

Zocano

Yah I had thought the Iron Banner weapons (Winter's End, Saladin's Vigil, But Not Forgotten) were just part of the actual Iron Banner weapons that we'd be able to get.

Reven

Just started a second character for the first time, a female human hunter. My main is a male exo warlock. I used the level 40 spark of light and I'm slowly working through the story missions, brings back a lot of nostalgia.

Top Bottom