• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Sent you guys. Message if you need one more (Tex117 Psn)

That's 5.

1. HaRyu (PSN: Harlan_Ryudo)
2. deafmedal
3. CremSteve (StrykerIsland)
4. Snipes424
5. Raven117 (Tex117)
6. --
Reserve: Obliterator

One more spot open, unless Obliterator beats you to it.

Deku Tree

Been doing heroic strikes for exotic class item quests and wow this week the void burn modifier is brutal for RoI strikes like wretched eye and hive moon ogre abomination heist strike which both have a boss with a insta kill void blast. I bet if I was on a pro GAF strike squad we would get it done quickly, but playing with Randoms in MM they are both basically insta-quit status.

A pretty easy change, mechanically, would have been that the "wipe countdown" blocks supers. This would have prevented solo self res and required a fireteam member still be alive to self-res in PvP and other activities.

However, people being able to solo content via self ressing isn't really seen as a problem overall. Icebreaker was.
I'm not saying people soloing content is a problem per se; I just think self-res will be gone from the game when Destiny 2 arrives.

It is a mechanic that goes a bit too far, based on what I have observed from Bungie's changes to the game since year 1. They don't like cheesing.

Dave_6

Been doing heroic strikes for exotic class item quests and wow this week the void burn modifier is brutal for RoI strikes like wretched eye and hive moon ogre abomination heist strike which both have a boss with a insta kill void blast. I bet if I was on a pro GAF strike squad we would get it done quickly, but playing with Randoms in MM they are both basically insta-quit status.

Wretched Eye with void burn can fuck off. Doing that strike with randoms is one of the most infuriating things I've done in this game. Takes three really good players to get through that one.

Lima

Yeah playing them with randoms is awful.

2 Titans (Weapons and Armor of Light) and Tether plus 3 Dark drinkers is a lot of fun though. Put down both bubbles on top of each other, tether the boss inside the bubble and burn him.

Dave_6

Does the drop rate of skeleton keys seem to be higher in SIVA Crisis Heroic strikes vs regular SIVA Crisis strikes ?

I've had more luck with the regular SIVA strikes. Had two drop from them in ~10 strikes and haven't seen one in over 20 heroics.

Deku Tree

I've had more luck with the regular SIVA strikes. Had two drop from them in ~10 strikes and haven't seen one in over 20 heroics.

No. if anything you get them more in the 320 playlist because the strikes are faster to complete.

Lol thanks. Maybe I'll do a few regular 320 SIVA strikes. I think those also count towards the faction exotic class item quests. At least I know that the 320 LL hard director strikes count towards it. Let me try one.

Mindlog

I like the challenge of void Wretched Eye with randoms. Takes longer, but 14 minutes is still decent for a strike.

Arc can got to hell. Arc burn with the surprise shanks and arc burn Restorative Mind is insufferable.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
HM WoTM fresh ruuuuuuun...

1. HaRyu (PSN: Harlan_Ryudo)
2. deafmedal
3. CremSteve (StrykerIsland)
4. Snipes424
5. Raven117 (Tex117)
6. --
Reserve: Obliterator

Still lookin for one more.

Deku Tree

Nope regular regular 320 SIVA strikes don't count but director 320 hard LL strikes do count towards the exotic class item quest... weird.

LiK

ROI Strikes with Void burn is like NF. Not worth doing especially with randoms. I would jump back into orbit.

Have an Aksis checkpoint with all monitors if people want the outbreak prime quest. Need 5. Normal mode.

Psn:Fr_Hank_Tree

The monitors reset if you leave.
So unless you were playing right now and 5 people left but you're still in the raid, you're going to have to start all over again.

320 director strikes count toward that. :)

hoggert

320 director strikes count toward that. :)

Oh my god, you don't know how much of a headache you saved me. I was so hyped for burns in Heroics but actually doing them with afking randoms using the wrong element? Ugh, fuck that. Weird, how I hated getting the PVP wins in Y2 but didn't mind the strikes and now it's the opposite.

soultron

Banned
Had to do Abomination Heist for final Thorn quest step. Realised half way through trying it on the Heroic Strike PL that I could just do it without Void burn by launching it directly. Did that and within 10 minutes I got the strike chest, used a Skeleton Key, got my Thorn and a 391 sniper. 2 EZ.

Top Bottom