• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective GAF uncovers evidence of imminent Nintendo Direct as soon as next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dystify

11 years ago this week we got the first info of DP
9 years ago this week, Platinum got revealed
8 years ago tomorrow, HGSS got revealed
7 years ago this week, we got the first real info on BW
4 years ago this week, we got the first real info on XY
3 years ago today, ORAS was revealed
1 year ago this week, we got the first real info on Sun/Moon

Only game that subverts this pattern is Black 2/White 2, which had info in May but not first info since it was out in June.

Based on your word I made another chart for my twitter haha. I really hope something will happen. Would be quite exciting so close before E3.

C_PVhiDW0AEeygP.jpg

Only game that subverts this pattern is Black 2/White 2, which had info in May but not first info since it was out in June.

This is scary and some huge evidence for Pokemon this month.

Galava

Based on your word I made another chart for my twitter haha. I really hope something will happen. Would be quite exciting so close before E3.

This month's Corocoro still has to drop right? Maybe we get a tease there with a direct after or before e3.

Zedark

Hm, that's hype. We'll see what happens.

Ratros

Emm... It is irrefutable. I am boarding the hype train now.

Passose

Banned
welp, anything goes, it's this week, or we aren't going to see pokemon making a switch debut this year. Nintendo could just use Pokemon Stars hype to sell tons of switch in May alone

Oh hell.....

Anyone want to make bets?

Are we getting Pokemon Stars or E3 plans this week or both this week? E3 plans I say is 100%. Pokemon Stars could be this week or next week. I forgot Joe said a lot of it happened this week.

Maybe Nintendo is doing a Direct to reveal E3 plans and Pokemon Stars!

I am not ready to board the hype train, but I'm at the station playing with the fare in my pocket.

If nothing happens this week, I blame everyone in this thread for spooking TPC.

JoeM86

Needless to say, I'm on alert this week.
This month's Corocoro still has to drop right? Maybe we get a tease there with a direct after or before e3.

They've sort of been shifting reveals away from CoroCoro of late. It still has exclusives, but big stuff is done on their own terms rather than through a leaked magazine image a few days before the actual reveal date.

It's unlikely CoroCoro would tease anything that hasn't already been teased

Galava

Needless to say, I'm on alert this week.

They've sort of been shifting reveals away from CoroCoro of late. It still has exclusives, but big stuff is done on their own terms rather than through a leaked magazine image a few days before the actual reveal date.

It's unlikely CoroCoro would tease anything that hasn't already been teased

I can see Corocoro just hinting at new games and that's it, maybe even in the same page of the movie promotion. Nintendo drops a direct and then next month corocoro actually shows some stuff form the direct itself.

Platy

Choo choo

But to be fair, if SOMETHING made their change the pokemon announcement to e3 would be the first "home console" version of the main series

sinonobu

Banned
So few more days until the annoucement of the best pokemon game coming to the best Nintendo console...

one can dream

AdropOFvenom

Neo Member
I just don't get why Nintendo wouldn't save that announcement for e3....like Pokemon to the Switch is massive news, since there's never been a main line series Pokemon entry on a Nintendo "home console" before, just spinoffs.

Also, lets be honest, it gives them more time to get their Switch supply in order since the minute that game is confirmed there will be much more demand for the console.

Though I won't complain if they don't wait. It would also speak to a high level of confidence in the rest of their e3 showings, IMO. Have to have something else that'll get people talking if you're content burning the Pokemon announcement a month before e3.

Pokemaniac

I just don't get why Nintendo wouldn't save that announcement for e3....like Pokemon to the Switch is massive news, since there's never been a main line series Pokemon entry on a Nintendo "home console" before, just spinoffs.

Also, lets be honest, it gives them more time to get their Switch supply in order since the minute that game is confirmed there will be much more demand for the console.

Though I won't complain if they don't wait. It would also speak to a high level of confidence in the rest of their e3 showings, IMO. Have to have something else that'll get people talking if you're content burning the Pokemon announcement a month before e3.

The Pokémon Company reveals Pokémon games on their own schedule. It's only fairly recently that they even started leveraging the usual Nintendo channels to do so.

It's not like they're not gonna bring Pokemon up at e3

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I can see them giving hints about what we're going to see at E3 to get people more hyped.

Pokemon on Switch will be massive, bundle that shit with consoles and some exclusive joycons, damn. Damn!

So few more days until the annoucement of the best pokemon game coming to the best Nintendo console...

one can dream

The hype train starts tomorrow! I hope Nintendo makes it easy for us and just announce the direct or whatever their plans are on Monday so I don't have to go through a whole week of waiting for info.

If there is a Direct it will be announced by Wednesday the latest so there's that at least.

It wouldn't really mean much since they've never announced a new Pokemon game at E3, so don't really spend any time thinking about their E3 showings.

Still, Pokemon games have been shown off at E3 plenty of times, so if we got an announcement in CoroCoro this month, E3 might be the first real trailer.

Neoxon

Throughout Pokémon's entire history, not once did The Pokémon Company ever reveal a mainline game at E3. Dystify even made a chart showing when each mainline reveal went down. That's not to say that Stars won't get shown off at E3 if it's real, but rather it likely won't be revealed at E3.

If we're getting a Pokémon game this year, we'll know by the end of the month.

Cerium

Throughout Pokémon's entire history, not once did The Pokémon Company ever reveal a mainline game at E3. Dystify even made a chart showing when each mainline reveal went down.

I'd caution against absolutes like that. Everything is unprecedented until it's done.

This being the first HD Pokemon ever, I could see an unprecedented E3 announcement.

Neoxon

I'd caution against absolutes like that. Everything is unprecedented until it's done.

This being the first HD Pokemon ever, I could see an unprecedented E3 announcement.
Fair enough, let me modify my statement.

Given what's transpired before, it's unlikely that Pokémon Stars (if it's real) will be revealed at E3.

Yeah, never say never. This is when Pokemon announcements come, but there's always a chance they wait until E3.

Regardless, we'll get E3 plans this week with or without a Direct.

Just announce it tomorrow so I can have some good E3 discussions.

Dystify

For me the question is: Why would they announce the Pokémon game at E3? You're right when you say mainline Pokémon on Switch is massive news. That game and Switch will get a ton of attention even without E3. After that announcement all eyes will be on Switch (assuming that's where the game releases).

Announcing Pokémon at E3 could also potentially overshadow lots of other Nintendo games in the news. It'd be better to do it before E3 imo.

Watch it be just Pokkén Tournament with all the new content for switch.

Watch it sell more than the Wiiu version in its 1st week.

AdropOFvenom

Neo Member
Throughout Pokémon's entire history, not once did The Pokémon Company ever reveal a mainline game at E3. Dystify even made a chart showing when each mainline reveal went down. That's not to say that Stars won't get shown off at E3 if it's real, but rather it likely won't be revealed at E3.

Yeah, I kinda got that the first 3 times it was explained to me, but thanks. :p

Im mostly just looking at it from a business sense, you'd think you'd want your holy s--- moment (at least for the casual fans who aren't up on every rumor) when the most eyeballs are on your product, but then again, it's Pokemon, it's going to sell like crazy regardless of when its announced. And maybe it's better to not compete with 60 other games for attention. Who knows. Smarter people then me get paid to make those decisions.

Obviously history apparently says they're very comfortable with May reveals though. Who knows if that's even being dictated by Nintendo or the Pokemon Company, but it clearly works for them. I just want a Nintendo to "win" e3 and keep the Switch momentum going. Gaming is better when all 3 companies are successful. Seems like Pokemon would help with that.

Yeah, I kinda got that the first 3 times it was explained to me, but thanks. :p

Im mostly just looking at it from a business sense, you'd think you'd want your holy s--- moment (at least for the casual fans who aren't up on every rumor) when the most eyeballs are on your product, but then again, it's Pokemon, it's going to sell like crazy regardless of when its announced. And maybe it's better to not compete with 60 other games for attention. Who knows. Smarter people then me get paid to make those decisions.

Obviously history apparently says they're very comfortable with May reveals though. Who knows if that's even being dictated by Nintendo or the Pokemon Company, but it clearly works for them. I just want a Nintendo to "win" e3 and keep the Switch momentum going. Gaming is better when all 3 companies are successful. Seems like Pokemon would help with that.

Yeah, Pokemon is good no matter when it's announced. They can announce it this month and say "hey we'll have gameplay at E3 Treehouse". Pokemon Stars is huge for Switch, but it's still kind of a port and I really want to see big new games as the huge surprises for E3.

I find it difficult to believe that Nintendo would have any big announcements only a month before E3, but then again this is the month where a lot of Pokemon stuff usually gets announced, so who knows, lol.

If something Pokemon related gets announced I'm going to freak out. I desperately want it on Switch. Even give us GSC virtual console.

Gleethor

I've said it before, but even if Stars is also on 3DS/New 3DS, it's still a massive title for Switch. The very first traditional Pokemon game on a home console is gonna turn some heads.

XandBosch

Anyone mind catching me up? Is there an actual chance there's a direct this week or is it down to something someone's uncle said?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom