• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective GAF uncovers evidence of imminent Nintendo Direct as soon as next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinonobu

Banned
Anyone mind catching me up? Is there an actual chance there's a direct this week or is it down to something someone's uncle said?

11 years ago this week we got the first info of DP
9 years ago this week, Platinum got revealed
8 years ago tomorrow, HGSS got revealed
7 years ago this week, we got the first real info on BW
4 years ago this week, we got the first real info on XY
3 years ago today, ORAS was revealed
1 year ago this week, we got the first real info on Sun/Moon

Only game that subverts this pattern is Black 2/White 2, which had info in May but not first info since it was out in June.

+ some patterns that happened before previous Directs

Passose

Banned
*NX flashbacks*
CvK2zVIUAAAT8KE

Neiteio

It will be the coolest Direct ever.

*Nintendo Direct begins*

*Henry Winkler appears onscreen*

Henry: "Hi kids, it's me, Fonzie. Ayeeeeeeeh."

*proceeds to announce RE6-II, Dino Crisis Switch, and the definitive edition of SSB4, creatively titled Super SNAKE Bros: Super Smash Bros for Switch: Featuring SNAKE from the Metal Gear Solid Series: Solid Snake.*

Pokemaniac

Anyone mind catching me up? Is there an actual chance there's a direct this week or is it down to something someone's uncle said?

There's several patterns that suggest some sort of an announcement soon. If nothing else, we should be getting Nintendo's E3 plans soon.

JoeM86

Can I remind everyone that with ORAS, they revealed the game on May 7th, we then had a tiny bit of footage (of which people said we were trolled) in Pokémon Get TV on May 10th, which then went online https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00DyEDmQ83s. The first actual information came at E3 (well it leaked in CoroCoro a day before but the magazine wasn't meant to be out until the 15th)

So few more days until the annoucement of the best pokemon game coming to the best Nintendo console...

one can dream

Pokémon Dash on the Virtual Boy?

Watch it be just Pokkén Tournament with all the new content for switch.

Watch it sell more than the Wiiu version in its 1st week.

That'd be fine. Pokkén is widely loved and is one of the Wii U's hidden successes. It sold over a million units. It just doesn't appear on Nintendo's top lists because, like Hyrule Warriors, it was published by a third party in Japan (Bandai Namco).

I am fairly certain we'll be seeing a Pokkén game announced for Switch in coming months. However, that would unlikely impact a main game.

Neonep

I hope all of this happens. I was playing Moon earlier today and was like man this game was awesome but man does it run like shit.

Sacul64GC

Banned
Not sure if any one else noticed, but looks like NBA 2K18 will be announced soon as 3 unnamed skus showed up at gamestop. 60$, 100$, 150$ 9/15 sounds like NBA. The same 3 Skus also show up for the Switch.

Cerium

Not sure if any one else noticed, but looks like NBA 2K18 will be announced soon as 3 unnamed skus showed up at gamestop. 60$, 100$, 150$ 9/15 sounds like NBA. The same 3 Skus also show up for the Switch.

Wasn't that shown in the initial Switch reveal?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Well, a "SKU parity" would be great: considering how, in the past few years, different SKUs meant different bonuses, including stuff like additional Virtual Currency, it would mean that the Switch version is treated in the same way as the others. IIRC, this was not the case back in the Wii era, with multiplatform games releasing on Wii without the corresponding special editions, usually only for the other consoles.

EDIT: Thinking more about it, though, both the 100$ and the 150$ SKUs look a bit strange for recent NBA 2K trends: in the past few years, alongside the 59.99 SKU, there was a 79.99 SKU, nothing else. Thus, 3 SKUs, with two of them being at so high prices seems quite unusual. I wonder what's going to be different this year for NBA 2K, then (assuming this is the game "leaked" through GameStop).

Can I remind everyone that with ORAS, they revealed the game on May 7th, we then had a tiny bit of footage (of which people said we were trolled) in Pokémon Get TV on May 10th, which then went online https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00DyEDmQ83s. The first actual information came at E3 (well it leaked in CoroCoro a day before but the magazine wasn't meant to be out until the 15th)
Hey as long as I get a boxart and a title that means it's real and not a rumor! All I would need honestly!

Pokken for Switch with the arcade-exclusive characters (and maybe some more thrown in) would be the best. Pokken was the last game I played on the WiiU, and I'll gladly pick it up again.

Cerium

Pokken for Switch with the arcade-exclusive characters (and maybe some more thrown in) would be the best. Pokken was the last game I played on the WiiU, and I'll gladly pick it up again.

Pokken, ARMS, and Smash is too much for one genre in 2017 IMO.

I think it makes sense to save Smash for 2018.

Passose

Banned
question, if there is a pokemon game coming to switch, then would the online paying stuff apply to the game or nah?

Heyt

Banned
Pokken, ARMS, and Smash is too much for one genre in 2017 IMO.

I think it makes sense to save Smash for 2018.

Correct.

Street Fighter is also around, and there's at least one indie fighting game Nintendo is already showcasing too.

They have to play their cards well, spacing this kind of games around singleplayer games. I'd say that there are "too many" multiplayer focused games on Switch until Q4 when mario, warriors and xeno 2 arrive. If they announce more games they'll have to be like those.

JoeM86

I believe Pokémon would be exempt due to Game Freak's views/policies regarding making kids pay extra.

I can see Nintendo letting standard online play for Pokémon (Battles, Battle Spot, Trades etc.) be free for people, but the more intricate stuff (GTS, Wonder Trade, New stuff etc.) perhaps be paywalled.

Pokémon is a heavily social game. A paywall to major aspects would be damaging.

Cerium

I believe Pokémon would be exempt due to Game Freak's views/policies regarding making kids pay extra.

I can see Nintendo letting standard online play for Pokémon (Battles, Trades etc.) be free for people, but the more intricate stuff perhaps be paywalled.
I think this is wishful thinking. You're either going to have the online service or you're not.

Pokémon is a heavily social game. A paywall to major aspects would be damaging.
So is Call of Duty. Kids play that just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom