• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Dies Irae English Localization Project!" Kickstarter (Steam w/ Vita stretch goal)

Shizuka

$146,430
pledged of $160,000 goal

Kickstarter link.

VNDB page.

0mDacOo.jpg

Dies irae was first released in 2007 as the urban fantasy battle opera "Dies irae -Also sprach Zarathustra-". After several re-releases, the story was completed with the release of the 2012 version "Dies irae ~Amantes amentes~" on the Playstation Portable and PC.

In 2015, a crowdfunding project was launched to fund an anime based on the game. The initial goal was 30 million yen, but with the aid of 5188 amazing backers, we were able to shatter Japanese crowdfunding records and raise a staggering 96,560,858 yen! The anime is due to be aired in 2017 and is currently under production. We've decided to distribute it in English-speaking regions as well, so be on the lookout! Make no mistake, we're emanating a wave of Dies irae on a global scale!

"Dies irae" is a one-of-a-kind urban fantasy battle opera. The foundation of this story is laid in the climax of WW2-era Germany, but the true design doesn't come to light until six decades later in modern-day Japan. Monstrous beings known as the Longinus Dreizehn Orden have far transcended the limits of humanity. The very fate of the cosmos, the very Throne of God is laid bare and ready to be seized!

The goal of this Kickstarter is to deliver to you an English-localized Steam release of "Dies irae ~Amantes amentes~" the fullest version of the game to date with various additional scenarios. Join us, brothers in arms! Help us bring about the advent of Dies irae in the English speaking world and the birth of a new era for us all!

phFURjV.png

Cheers for the heads up. Will back.

Edit: Having read the FAQ it's unclear - do backers get access to the Steam version or 18+ version or both? Definitely getting the $50 tier.

jonjonaug

phFURjV.png

Edit: Having read the FAQ it's unclear - do backers get access to the Steam version or 18+ version or both? Definitely getting the $50 tier.
The only version being released is the updated re-release of the game, which is not 18+ but I believe contains extra story content.

Edit: Apparently there will be a patch for the ero: https://vndb.org/r49319

Tohsaka

phFURjV.png

Furthermore, a free, separate patch restoring the full 18+ version content will be available for backers at no additional cost. Details concerning the patch are forthcoming.

This is what it says.

The only version being released is the updated re-release of the game, which is not 18+ but I believe contains extra story content.

Edit: Apparently there will be a patch for the ero.

Furthermore, a free, separate patch restoring the full 18+ version content will be available for backers at no additional cost. Details concerning the patch are forthcoming.

Missed this part when trying to avoid reading character details. Great stuff.

Vanethyr

This certainly looks and sounds interesting, backed in the hopes of hitting that Vita stretch goal.

Typical, just when I swore to cut down on Kickstarters this pops up along with Sharin no Kuni, both with Vita stretch goals :|

FAQ says Vita version at stretch goal; no stretch goals listed -_-

Otherwise, I'm down, since I know it's $200k for Vita and they just haven't listed it yet ;)

muteki

I'd be more interested if there was a Vita physical. Kinda wary about backing a kickstarter for Vita in what might as well be 2017.

Still waiting on my MuvLuv box.

Buzzi

Definitely pledging for this, probably the 50$ tier (I get the digital key too, right?).

The start looks strong enough, especially without explicit stretch goals for now.

Shizuka

Almost 1/3 of the way. Still, I think that it'll slow down before it reaches 100k and things might start to get worrisome halfway through the campaign.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Almost 1/3 of the way. Still, I think that it'll slow down before it reaches 100k and things might start to get worrisome halfway through the campaign.

It'll be fine.

There's a lot of bullshit VNs that make it through successfully, so this'll happen.

20cent

Banned
Vita or nothing.

I love VNs, I don't understand how playing it on a computer / TV is the first choice of many people though. Who wants to read an ebook on a TV/computer screen, graphics aside that's basically the same thing.

Did they remove the $30 early bird tier that was on their Prefundia? Or did I just miss it?

Vita or nothing.

I love VNs, I don't understand how playing it on a computer / TV is the first choice of many people though. Who wants to read an ebook on a TV/computer screen, graphics aside that's basically the same thing.

I enjoy reading on both. I like reading on PC because I can comfortably read the larger text, and I can lean back with a controller and beer and ecig and just relax and enjoy. Vita is nice for reading in bed, but I don't think that's as comfortable for long periods of time. I wish there was a good Switch type of device for PC, but the only options only work kind-of-okay, or require a $300 device that I would realistically only use for reading visual novels.

All of the slots have been taken.

Oh neat, I didn't know that kickstarter started hiding pledges that have a # limit to them underneath the still available pledges. I like that a lot more, when they're things like early bird prices right next to the normal pledge price, it felt like I missed out on a deal and I would be less likely to pledge.

Did they remove the $30 early bird tier that was on their Prefundia? Or did I just miss it?

I enjoy reading on both. I like reading on PC because I can comfortably read the larger text, and I can lean back with a controller and beer and ecig and just relax and enjoy. Vita is nice for reading in bed, but I don't think that's as comfortable for long periods of time. I wish there was a good Switch type of device for PC, but the only options only work kind-of-okay, or require a $300 device that I would realistically only use for reading visual novels.

The GPD WIN is great for this, I find, but is indeed a $300 device.

Nozomi

Banned
Vita or nothing.

Its the complete opposite for me. I can't understand how ppl have fun reading with such a tiny screen compared to the one from my Surface.

Vita or nothing.

Reading an ebook on a monitor is actually pretty nice too. I can sit back, not have to hold anything, and read big words off a larger screen.

Shizuka

Oh, I meant to do a stationery device vs a mobile device comparison. I have my own Windows tablet for visual novels, although it's only eight inches. As long as it's portable, I'm in, but the Vita will always be my #1 go-to platform.

Nozomi

Banned
Oh, I meant to do a stationery device vs a mobile device comparison. I have my own Windows tablet for visual novels, although it's only eight inches. As long as it's portable, I'm in, but the Vita will always be my #1 go-to platform.

You can detach the keyboard from the Surface and turn it into a pure tablet.

Lagamorph

The concept of the story sounded really interesting to me, but as I read through I realised "localisation" actually meant "half localisation" so I shant be bothering. For the amount they're asking it's understandable they won't be doing any dub work, but it's not a practice I'll support.

The concept of the story sounded really interesting to me, but as I read through I realised "localisation" actually meant "half localisation" so I shant be bothering. For the amount they're asking it's understandable they won't be doing any dub work, but it's not a practice I'll support.
Have fun never playing a VN I guess?

Shizuka

0 updates too. No idea what they're waiting for.

Weird that they're not pulling all stops in order to get people talking all the way through the campaign. Not every campaign needs to be Muv Luv, but I wish some of those would at least try. Radio silence for over two or three days is horrible for a (VN) Kickstarter campaign.

Saphirax

Launching the KS this close to Christmas just because someone wanted the KS to end on Friday 13th is baffling as well.

The KS still has potential though. Could reach 200k if it recovers.

Is 0 updates at this stage in the game normal? I'm used to seeing like ~ 5 updates or so by now. Feels like they shot it out then abandoned it.

Still, it's doing well considering. Maybe not $200k well, but I'm keeping an open mind.

Is 0 updates at this stage in the game normal? I'm used to seeing like ~ 5 updates or so by now. Feels like they shot it out then abandoned it.

Still, it's doing well considering. Maybe not $200k well, but I'm keeping an open mind.

It's not normal. There's been talk of miscommunication between Japan and the English speaking PR with the timing of the launch.

Top Bottom