• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Dies Irae English Localization Project!" Kickstarter (Steam w/ Vita stretch goal)

So, Re: Dies irae English Localization Project Commences! KS in a month or so?

Hah. I've seen some of the people that ran the Muv Luv Kickstarter on twitter saying that they should already relaunch it.

They can still get the base goal, but this launch probably puts any stretch goals out of reach.

Hah. I've seen some of the people that ran the Muv Luv Kickstarter on twitter saying that they should already relaunch it.

They get still get the base goal, but this launch probably puts any stretch goals out of reach.

They should just hire the guys who ran the Muv Luv KS. That was one of the best campaigns I've ever seen.

Hastati

Yeah Muv Luv was amazing. A lot of the campaigns I've backed have been very slow and unimpressive, but they really knew what they were doing.

Also I kind of wish the higher tiers had something other than shikishi for what you are paying, just seems kinda gimmicky. I understand of course that this is to support the localization, there's just something about the reward vs price bracket that seems off.

gpn

I backed the project, but it does seem weird that there have been no updates and no stretch goals listed and it's five days into the campaign.

Saphirax

Hello Everyone! Thank you all for the great suggestions!

Stretch Goals and additional rewards should be coming up in the not too distant future.

We are all ears and please ask that you keep the comments, suggestions and questions coming!

Thank you so much for your super-wonderful-rrific support!

"In the not too distant future."

Knurek

"In the not too distant future."

the_future_refused_to_change_by_legacycrono.jpg

Apparently it's not even being run by light, instead it's done by Awesome Japan, which has a success rate for kickstarters at 0% for the past 18 months... >_<

I feel like the campaign is still doing alright. Over 50% of the way there with a trickle of new pledges, which is more than SnK's first campaign did.

I'm still in a little bit of disbelief that there's been no PR since the campaign started though. Not a single update and still no Vita stretch goal listed.

I feel like the campaign is still doing alright. Over 50% of the way there with a trickle of new pledges, which is more than SnK's first campaign did.

I'm still in a little bit of disbelief that there's been no PR since the campaign started though. Not a single update and still no Vita stretch goal listed.

They're still going to make the base goal unless they really screw things up. They've just blown a lot of the potential that this had to do better. And the silence is just mindboggling. Make a quick update, post in the comments or on twitter, at least reassure backers that stuff is happening. Potential backers are going to read the comment section and back away right now.

Knurek

The comments are in full-on revolt against the PR team running this. I can't believe the incompetence here.

Even ChuSinGura had better PR.
And that's saying something.

And it's actually going down? Seems people are really removing their pledges...

Knurek

Finally an update.

A whole-heated thank you to all!
What?
We hope to unveil the Stretch Goals next week, so please stay tuned."
What?
Over 1,000 backers and growing! Thank you everyone!! #DiesiraKS
The PR team can't even spell the name of the product they are taking care of correctly...

I seriously pity the translation team - reading things like that must feel like such a slap in the face. :(

I think it's still gonna reach base goal. They're getting a trickle of pledges and it'll pick up at the end.

I just think their incompetence has stopped any chance of reaching the Vita goal which bloody sucks.

Shizuka

I'm not sure if I'm alone or even if it'd bad to think like this, but I wish people would stop pledging and wait for a relaunch or a wake-up call. If I had pledged even a cent, I'd have withdrew it already.

Knurek

I'm not sure if I'm alone or even if it'd bad to think like this, but I wish people would stop pledging and wait for a relaunch or a wake-up call. If I had pledged even a cent, I'd have withdrew it already.

I'd remove my pledge if not for the fact that I generally respect the translation team, and don't feel they should be punished for things outside their influence.
Though I believe everyone should tweet light about how badly this campaign is hurting their IP.

Shizuka

I'd remove my pledge if not for the fact that I generally respect the translation team, and don't feel they should be punished for things outside their influence.
Though I believe everyone should tweet light about how badly this campaign is hurting their IP.

It's not about being punished. The PR put in as much work as the translation team, and they're not pulling their own weight.

Knurek

It's not about being punished. The PR put in as much work as the translation team, and they're not pulling their own weight.

Are we talking about the same KS?
PR has done pretty much nothing (they just talk about doing stuff in the future), while the translators seem to be doing exactly the thing PR is supposed to be doing. Just look at ReadingSteiner twitter account.

Shizuka

Are we talking about the same KS?
PR has done pretty much nothing (they just talk about doing stuff in the future), while the translators seem to be doing exactly the thing PR is supposed to be doing. Just look at ReadingSteiner twitter account.

I meant to say "the PR should put in as much work", as half the battle is PR and marketing.

Knurek

Thank you very much for your question!
Currently it is undecided, but once we get the information we'll update.
So, please stay tuned!

Can a helpful mod change the thread title to reflect the above? Seems to be the theme of the Kickstarter. :\

Hmmm 250k stretch goal just for a digital Vita version to be released...
And you have to have pledged $100 to get it at all.
Yeah, haha. Guess I'm pulling my pledge.

Yeah those stretch goals are much worse than the prefundia. I'm at the point where I'm glad it likely gets the base goal, but have no expectations or desires beyond that.

gpn

Yeah, I'd like to get the bigger artbook, but even if it hits it's goal, it requires a $400 pledge? Uh, no, I'll stick with the $50 level.

Shizuka

At this point, people should just remove their pledges and send the team a signal that they won't support the campaign in this present state.

Omg. Absolutely hilariously depressing.

So I backed this at $30 early bird on the basis that the $200k Vita stretch goal was within reach if things went well and I could get a cheap digital copy for that platform if it succeeded.

Nope. Suddenly, $250k goal and $100 required to even get a copy.

Nope. Nope. Nope. Awful. Removing my pledge now.

And quite frankly, I hope the campaign fails and they come back later like Sharin no Kuni and get their shit together. That game got more than 2 x its funding goal by having a well managed second campaign, this one won't get close to that.

Sadly, I don't even think it'll fail as it's doing fine based on name alone. It'll scrape $160k and we'll never get Vita version =/

Looking at Kicktraq is funny. They've lost $2000 with this update and yet have had 51 comments. People obviously pretty peeved.

Btw, if anyone is still interested, there's a digital early bird tier available now for $30 (that was my pledge).

Ah, that's a point. I might just go for the $1 pledge just in case there's any backerkit shenanigans that happen afterwards.

Saphirax

Dies irae World Emanation Project Creator 1 minute ago
Dear Backers,
We would like to address the stretch goals with the higher price from the Prefundia page. From the inception of the project beginning with the Prefundia page, we misunderstood "add-ons" as being "items available for purchase after stretch goals are met".
Starting with the Prefundia page, you have been giving us your ideas and pointing us in the right direction. We would like to assure you that your words have not gone unheeded. With the launch of the Kickstarter, changes to the rewards were made. Because of these changes, budget adjustments necessitated the higher stretch goals.
However, with the higher goals in mind, we truly want to deliver merchandise of the highest quality.
Regarding the PS Vita version available set at the $100 reward tier:
The PS Vita version was not included in the initial development schedule. We are extremely thankful for backers' interest in a PS Vita version, however, due to development and download site expenses, we regrettably have to limit the stretch goal to only backers who pledged an amount of $100.00 USD or more.
We hope you will keep fighting on with us to make the project a success. We are working non-stop to include more of your suggestions, so please look forward to updates coming soon.

The KS is now below 104k.

cireza

Only interested in a Vita version, but definitely not going to put 100$. Especially if it is digital only.

Shizuka

The only other KS that tried to lock the Vita port in a higher tier was Root Double and even then, it was from the get-go and not behind a stretch goal.

Top Bottom