• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth NA Release Date Announced [Feb 2nd 2016]

Bladenic

On a slightly different note, how IS Digimon Tri thus far?

I enjoyed it but not enough Mimi. Also there were some really awkward pauses and the character expressions are not at all good enough at expressing what they're thinking to compensate.

It was sad seeing Garurumon job but then so did Greymon.

sensui-tomo

I enjoyed it but not enough Mimi. Also there were some really awkward pauses and the character expressions are not at all good enough at expressing what they're thinking to compensate.

It was sad seeing Garurumon job but then so did Greymon.

mimi is this next set of episodes .
AND ROSEMON FINALLY SHOWS UP

Ultimadrago

Thanks for the impressions guys. Playing Cyber may get me in the mood to check them out and I wanted an idea of what I was getting into! The fight Kinsei put in their spoilers sounds like it could have some nice potential, at least.

Robso

So on the fence about this. I don't buy games on release, but really don't want to miss out on the day one content. Nor have I see Digimon since I was a kid, but I so want this for the nostalgia.

So on the fence about this. I don't buy games on release, but really don't want to miss out on the day one content. Nor have I see Digimon since I was a kid, but I so want this for the nostalgia.

The post right above you haha, unless you meant physical. For what it's worth I played a few hours of the JP release and had a blast, and I can't read a bit kanji.. It's the Digimon RPG I always wanted.

Too bad you missed the 2-3 times to get this for 30% off man. :/

My PS4 preorder is $56 CAD. I'm happy enough for this price. at this point in the economy/exchange rates.

That's an awesome price. This game wasn't even on my radar when I did my big Amazon 30% off order :(.
Oh well I'll probably still cave and get the PS4 version lol, I'm too hyped.

Robso

The post right above you haha, unless you meant physical. For what it's worth I played a few hours of the JP release and had a blast, and I can't read a bit kanji.. It's the Digimon RPG I always wanted.

Meant physical. :)

I loved Digimon as a kid. Not watched it in years but the footage I see brings back those great memories. Good to hear you liked it.

Xenoflare

On a slightly different note, how IS Digimon Tri thus far?

I'm a bit uncertain, it feels like it drives more on the nostalgic train more than anything substantial, then again it's just the beginning and nostalgia is it's goal anyways

I still enjoyed it quite a lot, I'm fine with the character designs, but not the quality of the animation, it feels cheaply made.

Why would you want it on PSTV instead of PS4?!

If I get the Vita version, I can play it on my Vita and PS TV. If I get the PS4 version, I can only play it on my TV. No portability. So the Vita version would be the more versatile and cheaper purchase. Only advantage the PS4 version really has over the PS TV is 60FPS from what I've read but I don't care about that for a game like this.

Thanks for the replies. Weird that there's no pre-order, I spotted Naruto on there so Namco obviously aren't against them for digital.

MongKey

I just dropped 50 bucks into my PSN via cards to buy this when they update the store tomorrow
while I'm at work T-T

Almost there. Just one more day. XD

Sora_N

I just dropped 50 bucks into my PSN via cards to buy this when they update the store tomorrow
while I'm at work T-T

Almost there. Just one more day. XD

It's okay, I have work and then class in the evening on release day and I have a project due this week so I think I can only open the shrinkwrap if my game arrives on Tuesday, lol.

Man it's going to be a long wait with my physical copy shipping from UK to Australia ;_;

I bet they don't even send it until it launches on the 5th.

Edit: Oh wow and the site I preordered from has it listed as unavailable now, I think that's a good sign for the demand for Digimon games. The fact the physical release is limited to a few EU countries is probably the cause though, lots of importers like me stealing their copies :p

MongKey

It's okay, I have work and then class in the evening on release day and I have a project due this week so I think I can only open the shrinkwrap if my game arrives on Tuesday, lol.
Ouch, that's rough. I wish you luck on your project and have a great time playing the game when you get the chance.

I remember when I had a gaming binge after finals exam during my uni days, best feeling in the world. Until the next semester starts :p

Sora_N

Ouch, that's rough. I wish you luck on your project and have a great time playing the game when you get the chance.

I remember when I had a gaming binge after finals exam during my uni days, best feeling in the world. Until the next semester starts :p

Haha thanks, I'm working on it now. I had an assignment due last night and I binged a little for 2 hours and played Bravely Default. Don't think I can put in any game time till I hand the projecct in on Thursday and might even call in sick to work on it.

I decided to incorporate some ideas from this thread into:

|OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

If that sucks, throw all the pink poop you want at me. :p

I don't suppose you could somehow fit in Momentai
and Barenaked Ladies' "One Week"
=p?

Any word on the length of the game? I want to know if I'll be able to beat it before Naruto arrives next week.

Standard JRPG length. I'm guessing 40-60 hours.

MongKey

Holy shit we get these sick custom themes are well 0_o?!?!

snip

I know about the other DLCs but somehow I missed this.
Yup. Ulfoceveedramon over Imperialdramon though... I'm okay with that :D

I'm suprised cause I thought they are going to drive the nostalgia hard with a Magnamon + Imperialdramon combo much like the Omegamon + Dukemon combo. Glad they thought otherwise.

I'm suprised cause I thought they are going to drive the nostalgia hard with a Magnamon + Imperialdramon combo much like the Omegamon + Dukemon combo. Glad they thought otherwise.

Are the themes available for the PS4 or just Vita?

It's a Royal Knights theme, so Imperialdramon wouldn't be a part of it.

Are the themes available for the PS4 or just Vita?

Just Vita.

How many hours until digital release, anyone know? I assume the PSN store updates at a consistent time every week but I'm in the UK and buying from the US store due to impatience.

L.O.R.D

How many hours until digital release, anyone know? I assume the PSN store updates at a consistent time every week but I'm in the UK and buying from the US store due to impatience.

tomorrow , if you want the NA version you have to wait another 10 hours after the UK version.

Stalk

Bought Asian physical for Vita and got a decent enough deal on the PS4 version in the UK (gameseek + some of their "megapoints") to feel like double dipping. Hype hype.

I pre-ordered a physical PS4 copy from Amazon.de and I'm planning on getting a digital copy too.

I'm willing to throw some cash at this as long as it increases the odds of Digimon getting revitalized in the West, let's make it happen!

Stargypsy

Just checked my order on Amazon. Even though it has the 4th for scheduled delivery, It is supposedly shipping today. Maybe I will get it on the 2nd.

Here's hoping.

maouvin

I know the story is the same whether you pick a male or female MC, but is there any difference on NPC's reaction depending on your pick?

Top Bottom