• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth NA Release Date Announced [Feb 2nd 2016]

SeppOCE

Never got keen on the show as a kid except for the one where they were humans and could turn into Digimon but I loved the tamagotchi-like digivices the and the Digimon video games. Keen on this one!

Meant physical. :)

I loved Digimon as a kid. Not watched it in years but the footage I see brings back those great memories. Good to hear you liked it.

Same. A few years ago I stumbled onto the Jesuotaku Digimon retrospective and it was just a flood of memories. Made me pick up Digimon Dawn, which was alright. But this is the game I was hoping Dawn would be.

On a slightly different note, how IS Digimon Tri thus far?

As the title suggest, it's a reunion first and foremost. It brings back all the characters we know and love and serve as a set up for future plot points.

Remember, it's the first of six movies and this is essentially the first four episodes of a 2 cour season.

Some people say buying a game on the PC webstore, clicking download to Vita and restarting your Vita should work but it hasn't for me when I tried some random games :/

Yeah, I bought a portable Vita a few days ago and it didn't really want to let me download from the store and such. So I ended up restoring the system before I knew about all these problems and during the initial setup, I couldn't even enter my PSN ID and such so I had to skip those steps. Tried going to the settings and didn't seem to do anything other than "Please Wait" when I tried to log in through the there. From there, I just rebuilt the database, then I restored the system again and during the initial setup, it finally let log into my PSN/connect to the internet. After that, the queue I had waiting on the web store finally seemed to start and it's been working fine since then.

Really have no idea if this would be the same for anyone else, but it's something.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
On a slightly different note, how IS Digimon Tri thus far?

Pretty good. The art is fantastic and it's a real treat seeing those characters back together again. The pacing is pretty slow in the first four, but I'm confident that'll change over time -- there are another twenty en route!

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
You know what?

I don't care if this game is only subbed and not dubbed. I need a good Digimon game in my life. I'm getting real sick and tired of Pokemon lately. And Nintendo in general. Thinking about selling my 3DS and just holding out for the NX when it releases in a while, hopefully Monster Hunter X will have an Ultimate port and Monster Hunter Stories come to the West on the NX platform.

I'm still not sure if I want a vita or PS4. There's not much the PS4 has that I want right now, and I can at least get say...LittleBigPlanet on the Vita as well. Although PS4 has LittleBigPlanet3 and will eventually have FFVII remake on the way.

Hmm...

SeppOCE

You know what?

I don't care if this game is only subbed and not dubbed. I need a good Digimon game in my life. I'm getting real sick and tired of Pokemon lately. And Nintendo in general. Thinking about selling my 3DS and just holding out for the NX when it releases in a while, hopefully Monster Hunter X will have an Ultimate port and Monster Hunter Stories come to the West on the NX platform.

I'm still not sure if I want a vita or PS4. There's not much the PS4 has that I want right now, and I can at least get say...LittleBigPlanet on the Vita as well. Although PS4 has LittleBigPlanet3 and will eventually have FFVII remake on the way.

Hmm...

I sold my PS4 due to a PC upgrade. This gen of consoles is in a weird state at the moment where there aren't many exclusives and almost all next gen games are superior on PC and easier to achieve good frames and graphical settings at a low cost. The PS4 lacks a lot of JRPG exclusives so I reverted to my PS3. The Vita however is a console I've kept since I bought a PS4 and I love it. If you're a fan of JRPG's in general and missed out on a tonne of both PSP and PS1 games the Vita is a good investment. I even bought a PSTV so I could play my Vita on my TV if I want to kick back with a controller.

If you aren't interested in PC gaming and want the simplified experience of a console the PS4 is the next best thing. Games like Digimon Cyber Sleuth get PS4 ports anyway coz western market so you're pretty safe with that too.

Top Bottom