• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Rayen

Neo Member
I signed the petition about two years ago when it was still just for re: digitize, kind of bummed it isn't the game I wanted but at least something came of it. Now I just have to wait for hilariously awful Canadian shipping times to get it to me sometime in the next week or two.

I'm pretty excited for this game since it's been a long while since I played World 2 and Dawn, so things are going to feel pretty fresh for me.

I have it preordered, but something tells me it won't be delivered until Wednesday since I haven't received a message yet.

This will be the first Digimon game I've played in years, along with well, the first Digimon anything I've experienced in years.

I'm excited because I have absolutely no idea what to expect regarding this game's story other than that it's apparently really good.

Petition link doesn't work in the OT for me.

Otherwise, great stuff. I have to wait until Thursday (
LLShC.gif
Amazon!!) but at least that'll give me most of the weekend to put a lot of time into the game.

Krammy

Time to put my money where my mouth is. All 79.99 CAD of it.

My friend linked me to this OT (specifically this post because I'm Canadian) and I wound up watching some gameplay. Admittedly, despite my interest in the game, I never actually watched any, and just assumed this was an ARPG like Digimon World (which was great, but not my type of game). After seeing it in action and how it's a traditional JRPG, $90.35 CAD after taxes later and it's now preodered, so I definitely feel your pain.

Damn this awful dollar and damn my friend for linking me to this.

Ranmo

I'm so hyped. I'm probably going to go ahead and double dip to support as much as I can. It's been too long since I got my hands on a Digimon game. Heres to hoping we get the next game!

Zhao_Yun

Great OT! Signed the petition back then and am really looking forward to play this soon :)
Is it recommended to play the game on harder difficulties? Heard that the original games was a bit too easy?

Ultimadrago

Yeah, I'm not one for balls-busting difficulty at all, but if the game really is super super peasy easy on Normal, I could open my mind to going with Hard mode come Tuesday. Though obviously, no one knows what its Hard Mode is like yet.

Yeah, I'm not one for balls-busting difficulty at all, but if the game really is super super peasy easy on Normal, I could open my mind to going with Hard mode come Tuesday. Though obviously, no one knows what its Hard Mode is like yet.

"The Dark Souls of Digimon games"

I wish I can pick up the game at GameStop nooooooowwww.
I work tomorrow..
Oh, I signed the petition too years ago hoping we would get Re: Digitize. It ain't RE:D but I'm just glad we got a Digimon game.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm ready, I think someone said in the previous thread, that it's a bit like SMT, if so, this I gonna be damn good,

This game is basically an Atlus JRPG with digimon monsters replacing the SMT monsters. They even have SMT artist working on it.

Yes this is exactly what you think it is

Do we have impressions on how easy it is? I was kind of hoping for a Persona-esque difficulty. Not too hard but not super easy either. Just right.

I was gonna wait to get this but I was bitching for this to get localized, since namco keeping their end of the bargain I'll grab it Wednesday. Vita or PS4 though:/

Ricitor

As the days have gone on the excitement only grows. Got one last weekend free before varsity starts so I can spend two days playing the shit out of this. Friday (hopefully Thursday) can't come soon enough!

I really want to get Imperialdramon: Paladin Mode, but I bet it's going to be a huge grind to get there.

I can't wait.

Edit: Oh man, WarGreymon too!

This game is basically an Atlus JRPG with digimon monsters replacing the SMT monsters. They even have SMT artist working on it.

Yes this is exactly what you think it is
Aeww snap. Does it have the same difficulty as a SMT?
I can't wait to pick this up tomorrow.

Inuhanyou

Aeww snap. Does it have the same difficulty as a SMT?
I can't wait to pick this up tomorrow.

I guess we'll see huh? But anyone who likes Atlus JRPGs should def pick this game up, even if they don't know or care about a lick of Digimon. you don't need to, you only need to like turn based JRPGs

PS4 will be 1080p 60fps, right? I'm on the fence about which version I should purchase. This game screems Vita, but I really love that 60fps gameplay... Anyone knows if the vita version runs stable? I looks gorgeous for a vita game.

Mbrill82

I love the graphics and art style of this game. Do you think I, as a big JRPG fan who has no history with Digimon (or Pokémon or anything similar) would enjoy it or is it more geared for exit fans of Digimon?

Kinsei

Banned
I love the graphics and art style of this game. Do you think I, as a big JRPG fan who has no history with Digimon (or Pokémon or anything similar) would enjoy it or is it more geared for exit fans of Digimon?

Everything I've seen suggests that it's a really good RPG first and foremost. You should be able to enjoy it.

You'll probably enjoy it. Absolutely no prior knowledge necessary.

Inuhanyou

Its specifically geared toward fans who have no experience with anything Digimon or Pokemon or anything like that. It is a basic JRPG in the vein of Shin Megami Tensei turn based combat with the Digimon replacing the SMT and Persona monsters. The story is completely new and has nothing to do with previous Digimon lore either.

PS4 will be 1080p 60fps, right? I'm on the fence about which version I should purchase. This game screems Vita, but I really love that 60fps gameplay... Anyone knows if the vita version runs stable? I looks gorgeous for a vita game.

PS4 is indeed 1080p 60fps

Top Bottom