• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency |OT| Saturdays on BBC America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my family hooked and watch it with them on the weekends. They loved American Ultra so that's how I roped em in :D. I usually wait for a season to finish before I start watching, so all this waiting is tough.

Chris R

Well I enjoyed the first episode but I guess that's all I'll watch of the show since episode 2 is not on demand on my box and BBCA would rather show 60 year old Star Trek Episodes than rebroadcast the 2nd episode before they air the 3rd.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Rogue Wall Enthusiasts

Farah and Dirk unearth a big clue after searching through Patrick Spring's past. Elsewhere: Tood learns he has no safe harbor after trying to go to the police and Amanda encounters a looming presence.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
lol @ the biker dude's knife bouncing off of the ammo-less Bart, only to have her pick it up off the ground and throw it right back at him

Will watch tonight. Just realized the other night that the actor for Dirk Gently is the assistant to Doctor Clayton in Penny Dreadful.

Santiako

Wow, this show is fantastic. I'm a huge Adams fan and I feel like this does a great job capturing his absurd yet very clever sense of humour.

Also, I might be in love with Todd's sister.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Watkin

Dirk and Todd face danger that Patrick Spring left behind and Amanda and Farah encounter an FBI agent as police start putting together the results of their case.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Just caught up on this. Fantastically fun show, love all the characters, weird quirkiness and odd plot.

Not at all familiar with the source material, so I can't comment on that, but however faithful or not it is the show is damn enjoyable.

Good job so far to BBCA and GAFs favorite Max Landis.

Also, I might be in love with Todd's sister.

She's probably my favorite. But the whole cast so far is just great.

Santiako

Another fantastic episode. This show is great (and criminally underrepresented here).

I wonder what the hell is up with the Rowdy-3.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Very Erectus

Todd reveals a secret during a search for dark enigmas. Elsewhere: Estevez and Zimmerfield take big risks as they come closer to concluding their missing person's case.

Mindlog

Get down he's got the shark!

Can't recall the last time I've laughed that hard at television. Hit just the right spot.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Great episode this week. Loved all the Dirk/Todd bonding scenes in the forest, as well as the scenes at the hotel.

Also, RIP Zimmerfield :(

Get down he's got the shark!

Can't recall the last time I've laughed that hard at television. Hit just the right spot.

That was totally amazing and bizarre. I've never seen anything like it, ever. lol

Santiako

The shark scene had me in stitches. Simply amazing.

Bummed that they killed the old cop, he was one of my favourites :(

ooh, already? That was fast. Wonder where all the fans are when they are clearly not posting on gaf. :'D
BBC America still has relatively low numbers overall, so it doesn't take a ton of viewers to be a success. It's about on par or slightly less than Orphan Black's season 4 numbers. Live viewing of Orphan Black probably isn't that big on GAF either, we just post more cause Tat is an acting god.

I'm just kinda letting Dirk Gently happen every week, and waiting to see how it turns out as a whole instead of talking much about it. Still...shark kitty is awesome.

Santiako

Holy shit, I haven't laughed this hard in a long ass time, when Rimmer finally gets them:

-This is it. He'll explain everything. He's gonna have the answers.

-I've been waiting for you two for a long time.
(pause for effect)
What is going on? Who are you guys?
Did Patrick Spring hire you? If not, then what are you? Are you detectives?
No, because you're a... You're a bellhop! You were at the hotel! And you! You're who?
What, the FBI? No? Then how does the FBI figure into this?
Who shot Ned? How did you know that Farah Black was gonna be in that apartment?
I mean, what kind of crazy coincidence is that?
Where's the kitten? Where's my dog? Why did you burn down my house?
Who has my dog right now? Is it the police? Do the police have my dog?
Who beat up Ed and Zed? Was it your guys? Other guys?
How many different sets of guys are in this situation?
How does Patrick Spring be in two places at the same time?

-Aw..... nuts. We-we don't, uh...Sorry, I guess.
I, like, can answer four of those questions, total, if I'm being honest.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Holy shit, I haven't laughed this hard in a long ass time, when Rimmer finally gets them:

-This is it. He'll explain everything. He's gonna have the answers.

-I've been waiting for you two for a long time.
(pause for effect)
What is going on? Who are you guys?
Did Patrick Spring hire you? If not, then what are you? Are you detectives?
No, because you're a... You're a bellhop! You were at the hotel! And you! You're who?
What, the FBI? No? Then how does the FBI figure into this?
Who shot Ned? How did you know that Farah Black was gonna be in that apartment?
I mean, what kind of crazy coincidence is that?
Where's the kitten? Where's my dog? Why did you burn down my house?
Who has my dog right now? Is it the police? Do the police have my dog?
Who beat up Ed and Zed? Was it your guys? Other guys?
How many different sets of guys are in this situation?
How does Patrick Spring be in two places at the same time?

-Aw..... nuts. We-we don't, uh...Sorry, I guess.
I, like, can answer four of those questions, total, if I'm being honest.

That was brilliant! XP

Lijik

Just caught up on episodes 3-6 (didnt watch much tv in november). This show fires on all cylinders

Glad it got renewed too

It must be very rewarding for Landis to finally have something come close to how he intended it versus that not being the case (well, except for the changes on the dog :D ).
He looked so pissed holding that stuffed doll. That's 2000 dollars of the production budget right there, ladies and gentlemen.

edit: also, the music in this show is great. And editing, as mentioned before.

I don't watch many shows weekly, as I usually wait until a season is over to watch. But this one I have been, and I really enjoy it. Doesn't seem to have much word of mouth, at least amongs the communities I frequent and friends though. Sad to see, anyone know how it's doing ratings wise?

saunderez

The season finale is tonight!
Can't wait. This series was an extremely pleasant surprise. I loved the BBC UK production but didn't have high hopes for a US adaptation for obvious reasons. In the end Elijah Wood (huge fan of his work on Wilfred) swayed me to watch the first ep and it has far exceeded my expectations.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"...which lead to the young Patrick Spring accidentally killing old Patrick Spring when a kitten went off and started a shark explosion."

That about sums it up Todd!

That was a great finale capping off a very fun season. I can't wait to see what Landis has in store for season 2.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Heads up to UK people, this is now on Netflix (and available to download for offline viewing). I'll be checking it out!

Just saw the first two episodes on Netflix.

Yeah, it was alright. I'll stick around for the season. I'm not sure how I feel about Dirk being a part of a massive group of holistic people but eh, we'll see how it pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom