• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Landis will write and direct a remake of a John Landis film

Why do you irrationally hate Max Landis?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For his sake, I hope this isn't like the original at all. He already has an unenviable task ahead of him, and the last thing he needs is to remind people of how much better his dad was.

For sure. Original is better than anything with his name on it.

He'd be better off just completely changing the story and characters up if he's intent on going through with this

Max can be extremely annoying at times but I can't help but like him. Any news of a remake of this film was going to make me groan, I guess it's assuring to know that Max most likely cares about his dad's film. He won't be able to top the transformation sequence though, I'll bet anything on that.

Let's be honest, this is a film that could be improved by a remake.

I don't see where it could be improved. An American Werewolf in London is damn near flawless in my eyes.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I love how Hollywood is filled with nepotism and people failing upwards but this harmless dork is the only one consistently getting shit for it.

A try hard hack remaking the best werewolf movie ever. Yay nepotism.

Dude is the epitome of a try hard, and boy does it show.

pee-weehouse-1.png

You hipsters are all going to do a 180 on Max Landis the same way you did with Shia Labeouf. Predictable.

People LIKE Shia now? When the HELL did this happen?

When he appeared in a couple decent flicks

And yeah I will like Max Landis the day he makes something good haha. Until then to hell with this cornball

Actually I aint seen dirk gently yet. Maybe that might be fun

Oreoleo

Sort of ironic considering he vented alongside the RLM crew about no more original ideas in Hollywood.
Yeah, but, you take the work people are willing to give you. And the original being his dads movie, I think he's probably kind of honored to be able to be the one to do the remake.

writing ok but directing? me him her was insufferable.
Me Him Her felt like "Max Landis: The Movie" to me. Like just totally unapologetically Max's personal style and tone, so I get why people would be largely put off by it. Personally, I think Max is an entertaining dude and thought the movie was fine, a fun way to spend an hour and a half or whatever. It *was* his directorial debut however, and I would imagine the experience he gained with that movie and his work on Dirk Gently will only serve to make this remake an all around better endeavor. Plus the fact it's more of a studio production means he won't have the cart blanche to do whatever he wants like in Me Him her.

Eh I'm fine with this. OG is great obviously, but we don't get werewolf films all too often and Max might come up with an interesting angle on it. And if it sucks, we still got the original

O! How could Max Landis ever fill the shoes of John Landis, legendary director of Blues Brothers 2000, The Stupids, an episode of Franklin and Bash, and Beverly Hills Cop III.

styl3s

I like Max Landis a lot so i am excited to see one his films not get completely butchered by other writers.

jax

Banned
Couldn't get his projects greenlit so he asked his dad for one of his. Kinda sad.

I'll probably still see this though.

Bearthgar

Banned
Max Landis is trash talent that gets way more publicity than he deserves. I hope he shames his family name and is forced off twitter.

Chronicle was fire
Dirk Gently is enjoyable.
Bright should be awesome
Deeper is supposed to be good

The Landisverse continues to grow.

Haters fall back.

Max Landis seems like the kind of guy whose great in person but an absolute pain professionally. His appearances on RLM were very personable and he seems like a lot of fun but damn if all his movies (and pitches for movies) don't rub me the wrong way.

kunonabi

Well if anyone can make an even worse movie than American Werewolf in Paris it's Max. Yet another remake to probably avoid.

jett

D-Member
Well one thing you can say about Max is that he really doesn't give a shit about appearances. What has he done to warrant getting a director job? Besides being involved with a multitude of box office disasters.

If this guy weren't c-list Hollywood royalty or a white male, the trio of bombs he wrote last year would've thrown him in jail for several years.

He'll blame the studio.

I kinda like Max on a more personal level but yeah this is fucking ridiculous. This is nepotic as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom