• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Discovering unknown games.... Chaos Break for PS1

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
220px-Chaos_Break_PS1.jpg

Set in an abandoned, contaminated biochemical laboratory; Fluxus Biomateril Industries Lab 7, a civilian research facility set on an isolated island. The two playable characters; Mitsuki and Rick, who are D.E.F agents, an investigatory and cleansing task force that are sent out to check the facility, and retrieve the research data. Find the cause of an 'anomalous thermal reaction and find out what happened to the missing D.E.F agent that HQ lost contact with two days ago.[1]

Progress through the game is made by defeating the enemies, which in this case are alien parasitic lifeforms, mutated staff members and the laboratory's robotic security drones, collect level-clearance pass cards and data which are CD discs. Looting the corpses and lockers for health, ammo and key items to progress through the facility and with a in-game 24 hour clock that affect some of the doors' access window. An element of survival horror is introduced at the computer terminals, where the player can save their game and read the E-Mails that explain some of the back-story of those who worked at the civilian research facility before the outbreak

A game very similar to Resident Evil, with a story with cinematographic elements.
chaos-break-playstation-traducido-castellano-03.png

Chaos_Break.png

waifu2x.png

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So, what makes it a gem for you, how/when did you discover it, how far are you in the game, you just posted some wikipedia descriptions and random playthrough (ugh, stretched footage, fo).

From (the less famous) RE clones of the era I liked Deep Fear, Fear Effect, Vampire Hunter D and Hard Edge among others but I wouldn't call any a gem (though I'm impartial to some of them).

Edit: oh I read the title wrong, I thought it's an unknown gem, not just a game. Meh. So is it good or just okay, cool to know, moving on and googling for the next game I didn't know to post of?

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
This game actually did really well in the day in the UK. I still have a copy now. Did this do well in America?
It never released there. Japan and Europe only which didn't happen too often back then but still they missed some cool stuff here and there.

Last edited:
It never released there. Japan and Europe only which didn't happen too often back then but still they missed some cool stuff here and there.
I don't have long on my dinner so I didn't want to waste time checking it. Yeah I know what you mean. If I had Valkyrie Profile in the PS1 era, I may well have thought it to be better than Final Fantasy VII.

Top Bottom