• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you like to drink hot water or cold water?

Hot water?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midas

I like my water as cold as it can be without freezing. I usually store a bottle of water in my fridge, in a spot where it's so cold that there will be small pieces of ice in it after a day.

ATF487

Room temp unless the weather is really hot, then I want it a bit colder

I think warm water on its own is fucking weird, but if you put some lemon in there I could get behind it.

Seiryoden

My mother drinks hot water. Watch your mouths you slags, I'll open you up like a can of beans.

Can't abide it myself #TeamIceCold

When I'm in China, everyone looks at me weird when I ask for cold water. Usually when you ask for water at a restaurant they give you boiling water, so hot that it's practically boiling. I usually have to specifically ask for ice water to get it. Guess it's just another example of how different cultures can be.

Wark

I usually try to get ice cold water, if I have the chance. I just like the taste of it better than room temperature water. Supposedly, cold water hydrates you quicker because the body absorbs it at a faster pace than something that is lukewarm or hot. Apparently, since it causes a fast temperature loss, it causes your body to expend more energy to heat up - which helps people lose weight. Honestly, I don't know how accurate that is and it isn't a deal breaker. I'm not trying to lose weight anyway!

Honestly, the only benefit of hot water I could think of - aside from making something coffee or tea - is for when I need to relax my throat muscles when I'm singing. Even then, I can just drink some tea or something.

When I'm in China, everyone looks at me weird when I ask for cold water. Usually when you ask for water at a restaurant they give you boiling water, so hot that it's practically boiling. I usually have to specifically ask for ice water to get it. Guess it's just another example of how different cultures can be.
This was very much a thing that stuck out to me in China as well, ha ha.

Nice refreshing glass of boiling water with dinner.

There are several people who use the water cooler next to my desk to get hot water everyday, and they're not making tea or anything. I assume they're bad people.

valeo

I used to think hot/warm water was weird, but then I gave it a go after laughing at a Taiwanese-born friend for doing it.

It's way better. It clears all the crap from your throat instantly.

Ice cold water when it's very hot - but in that situation, i'd rather a beer.

RdN

Hot water was a funny choice..

But yeah, I prefer cold water. Nothing against room temperature, but cold always feels more refreshing to me.

Media

Sometimes I drink chicken broth like it's tea but just plain warm water? Why?

Btw, broth for tea should be a thing.

PixelatedBookake

I can't imagine someone heating up the kettle and pouring hot water in a cup just to drink it. Like, hot water is so pointless if not being used as a conduit for something dry.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
I like room temperature water. When super sweaty and out of the breath, it's the most efficient way to deliver h2o to mah belly.

I love water, it's the best thing ever. I always drink cold water, room temperature feels weird. Hot water though... that's something I'd like to try, maybe with a slice of lemon, after lunch? Doesn't seem stupid at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom