• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you like to drink hot water or cold water?

Hot water?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldboy

I prefer room temperature water to cold water unless I'm exercising, but hot water? Like, heated water? I had no idea that was a thing people drank.

Laekon

It seemed that drinking warm/hot water was a thing with east Asian women as cold water is thought to be bad for their health. I had Taiwanese and Chinese female coworkers be dismayed that getting water with no ice in the US still got you very cold water.

PaulloDEC

Cold water usually, room temperature if I'm really gonna chug it down. And sure, I'll take a mouthful of water in the shower every now and then.

No. How often do you clean your shower head?

About as often as I clean the nozzles on the many regular taps that I drink from?

Dierce

samurai-jack-drinking-e1447236593610-620x315.jpg

Kintaco

I was drinking hot water during my chemo treatment this past winter because it gave me pretty bad cold sensitivity so even drinking room temperature water felt painful. It was the worst, hot water is horrible and disgusting. It made it so hard to stay hydrated during that time.

dakini

Yeah, I didn't know it was a thing until I started taking Chinese classes. My teacher also loved to drink hot apple cider vinegar. She said it's good for digestion. I have yet to try however lol.

Takuan

Ice cold water is fantastic on a hot day or in between/after exercise. I'm partial to warm water during the workday if I've already had my two mugs of coffee.

Tall4Life

I only drink hot water if I have a sore throat/am sick. It helps soothe me a ton.

Otherwise, fucking ice cold
alrightalrightalrightlalrightalrightalright

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I came for a Thor 2 option in the poll, and without that and nothing in the OP I am leaving disappointed.

Kinokou

I will boil up some water to drink when having a sore throat, I actually prefer it to tea when it's really irritated.

Usually I will have my water tap cold.

I find ice to be a hassle (melts too quickly and takes to much space in the glass) so I never seek it out. Water that is iced in the mug however is nicer, but less common to find.

Out of the three options I would rank their them:
1. Tap cold, just perfect, neutral, always satisfying and no effort to have.
2. Iced, fresher but with a bit of a sting making it less satisfying and often too much work.
3. Hot, flat and boring taste, less effort to have than iced, but functional for its purpose.
Bonus: room temperature, a nasty surprise.

You could start a societal debate as to whether people either sought out cold water first versus accepting it as the norm for simplicity over many centuries. Chicken and the egg thing. But fuck that, y'all crazy not caring if it's warmer.

Whatever temp it is off the tap or the filter in the fridge is fine. Disclaimer: Midwest US with clean municipal spring water that's suitable for drinking, and I've been told I'm a danger to my own health for touching anything off of a tap despite it tasting better than any bottled junk you can buy. Except Fiji. That shit's awesome, as long as I'm not paying. Ice cold water while working out wins everything, btw.

hot water and lemon is a common thing
Situation changes the instant you start to flavor it, as far as I'm concerned. It's more than just simple water for the sake of consuming water after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom