• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Hylian7

I asked this question last thread.

Why the hell can't I last hit with Gyro? I just can't do it for some reason. His animation seems straightforward enough, but I'm bad at it.

Like, what am I not getting about it is what I'm asking. Is the sound off of the actual hit or what? It's so hard to see.

You're used to ranged heroes where their projectiles have an actual speed. Gyros is close to instant.

Do you have problems with sniper?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Some notable changes to chests that have likely not been covered.

Chest 41, Heroic Bounty, completely redone. Now drops entire sets like the new chests.
The Second Disciple Set
The Eternal Light Set
Fashion of the Scorching Princess Set
The Brood Queen Se
The Fires of Exort Set

There is an additional chance for a Stonehall Royal Guard Set and the Dread of the Gleaming Seal Set being the rarest item in the chest (Yeah, you can't get an unusual for this chest anymore). also note that the chest no longer generate inscribed gems.

The Gemstone Cache now drops 3 gems instead of 2. There no longer seems to be a way to get the scrolls to make Hammers and Chisels.

It looks like the "Vestments of the Fallen Princess" set is the Unusual courier of the new chests, but I don't know if it has the same odds. I don't think you can get an unusual courier from them though.

Zephyx

It looks like the "Vestments of the Fallen Princess" set is the Unusual courier of the new chests, but I don't know if it has the same odds. I don't think you can get an unusual courier from them though.

I guess it won't have the same odds since it's a 1/5 chance to get it. The probability also gets higher once you open more chests.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Why do the worst players always pick Pudge? This fucking Pudge complains all game about a lack of wards despite there being wards everywhere and then he repeatedly goes and tries to hook one guy despite the fact that we can see the other four there with all the wards we have

Why do the worst players always pick Pudge? This fucking Pudge complains all game about a lack of wards despite there being wards everywhere and then he repeatedly goes and tries to hook one guy despite the fact that we can see the other four there with all the wards we have

what kind of question is that? Pudge is the most played hero in the game with subwinrate. He is the hero most picked by bad players, fact.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Yeah but at the bare minimum you just spend 12 50 and if you can't get duplicates...

So that market gonna dropppppppppppp

As an experiment, I bought all 4 radiant chests and keys, then opened another to get another LC bundle.

Granted, I opened the previous LC bundle because I actually want it, so I'm not 100% certain, but I'm guessing Venge isn't included at all in the 'guarantee'.

Trasher

As an experiment, I bought all 4 radiant chests and keys, then opened another to get another LC bundle.

Granted, I opened the previous LC bundle because I actually want it, so I'm not 100% certain, but I'm guessing Venge isn't included at all in the 'guarantee'.

You play Doto?!?!

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Well...

Fuck

At the rate it's slowly dropping as people keep unlocking chests, I think I'll try to snag one when it gets below 30. Curse my need to get rid of Venge's pineapple hair.

Still, it's shady as shit that Venge's first set (Which I'd say is a pretty decent one at the very least) is being hidden not only behind a chest randomizer, but as a 'maybe' drop without even being guaranteed after getting the 4 main drops.

I wasn't around for some of the older heros getting re-meshed, but this is a first, no?

You play Doto?!?!

Yeah, I've been playing for a while now, I just remembered seeing you when I was lurking the dota threads way back after seeing your name. We'll have to play at some point, you can carry me like back in the halo days, lol.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm pretty sad Valve didn't include the Alternative styles to the Eternal Season set, those things were really nice:
558F7DDF664135F70D5D9C34C86C0D3998F7786B

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I'm running out of people to play with lately and haven't run across anyone new who isn't a prick in awhile, and on top of that all my games are just complete shitshows now. Like abandons and people purposely throwing or me just fucking up things I shouldn't be. Tried taking some time off and that not only didn't help, but made things worse. Past couple days I played like rusty garbage. I'm pretty sad, fam.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Free to Play pack pretty nice. The Ward is likely my favorite part to be honest, it looks really good, though it feels like some of the shader masks are a bit off on it and the courier. Courier is mediocre, nice spawn animation though. The Hud has a distracting light on the left, and I don't really like it (But I hate almost all the Huds)

Crow is pretty cool on the Pudge set, but deep down I wonder if the enemies are going to be able to see it fly off while I am fog, I hate the mask, and really think Pudge looks a bit silly in a ton of armor. Don't really care for the Offhand, and I find both the Dragon Claw and Jade hook better then the one in this set. I'm not a fan of the new hook animation, the hook sort of teleports near the end of the animation.

For the Sven set, I actually like the more subtle parts. The mask is dumb looking and the Hammer is too plane, but the most of the armor pieces are nice. They aren't anything gaudy like I normally prefer, but they are minor changes that do look good. Back spikes are silly though, I'm keeping my giant ass shield.

For Doom, the new weapon is really awesome, I'm a big fan of the wings too. The mask is odd to me though, I find the closed mask too much, but the open mask looks really bare. This set is by far my favorite of the bunch, the entire thing looks really nice.

edit: Oh god, Valve tied all the Sven Sword animations to the gem, it looks silly to see him do the Hammer Strike with a normal sword. I think they should keep those tied to the sword. Also, I'm getting a bunch of broken particles when I ult.

Boken

Banned
No way the vs set is the same rarity as an unusual courier that would insane.

Also those dire sets don't look bad in game... I'll probably buy those too. I'm such a whore.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Also those dire sets don't look bad in game... I'll probably buy those too. I'm such a whore.

No clue if its Unusual rare or not, it may just be a lower then normal drop rate. Like 1/20 or something. Its marked as a "Very Rare" and not "Extremely Rare", right?

Boken

Banned

no they are bad

especially that lifestealer one, and the void one and the ck one and the doom one
theres spikes and fiery brimstone and manes and edgy shit everywhere
and purple and green

instead of wasting money, buy me a PA set

also, does this still work?
3S7v9sl.png

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
2 more games until I'm higher MMR than Hylian Kappa (47 MMR)
I'm running out of people to play with lately and haven't run across anyone new who isn't a prick in awhile, and on top of that all my games are just complete shitshows now. Like abandons and people purposely throwing or me just fucking up things I shouldn't be. Tried taking some time off and that not only didn't help, but made things worse. Past couple days I played like rusty garbage. I'm pretty sad, fam.
Well, me, Hylian, and Euiech(or whatever) are at 3700-3800 MMR, what about you?
Geebus I was playing darksouls 2 happily (I lie, I was mad) when my phone blew up about this damm post on reddit about the workshop.

I wish the workshop was more like last year, when eveyone wanted to make the game better and have fun :(
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/20rzg7/an_open_letter_to_valve_about_the_current_state/
If the submitter don't have the balls to stand by their own work(name), then meh.
There are some valid points, but don't plenty of major item workers also have a good amount of limbo items as well? You also stream your modelling, interact, and play to build yourself and your brand.. What rubbish.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
yo dats terrible logic

his points have nothing to do with the quality of his work

hes like a whistleblower for the workshop
Look at how big it is on the pyramid tho.

Like I said, some of the points are fair and have been concerns for a long time (and all I do is watch these threads), but in cases like Anuxi it feels like she does a ton more than just submitting. TBH Valve just doesn't seem to have the manpower for everything since I see Kirby post that 50,000 items are in limbo for 2 years. Valve pls.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
How does the rarity work with these new chests?

It says the VS set is 'Very Rare' , but it also says that you can't receive duplicates. So instead of 'very rare' does it just mean 'buy 5 or less to get it' ?

Top Bottom