• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Karakand

no they are bad

especially that lifestealer one, and the void one and the ck one and the doom one
theres spikes and fiery brimstone and manes and edgy shit everywhere
and purple and green

pretty sure the spikes on the ck set are cues to the chaos star, the shield is basically one without the topmost 3 points

shame that a set that bad is the first one that actually visually represents something chaotic

poseur knight indeed

n0b

I guess, just thought it was funny to see such a "weak" hero take down a SF

I think Wisp is pretty misunderstood as a laner. With the levels you get from a solo lane, spirits start dealing a lot of damage really quick. (500 damage makes it rank as one of the strongest non-ultimate nukes, and if you time it right you can get two sets of spirits off one after another by starting the first set before you go in) Wisp is considered a weak laner more because you don't contribute anything to duo/tri because you need a lot of levels and until you get them you don't really do anything.

There are a lot of "weak" heroes that are only weak because they aren't played without the levels and farm that a solo lane gets. They may not be the strongest, but its a big mistake to underestimate them just because they aren't normally seen in a 1v1 situation.

ElyrionX

I don't understand. Didn't that LC set just come out on the workshop last week? Why was that added so quickly? There was one new Slark set that was really well-made added a few weeks ago and it's not yet released. LC already has a ridiculous number of sets for such a new hero whereas Slark has been around for a while and only has one set so far. Wtf is Valve doing?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hylian lost 21 out of his last 27 ranked games. I have passed him in MMR (by 2)!
#forced50 #elohell #freethacker (Peru Invoker 200 ping)

I don't understand. Didn't that LC set just come out on the workshop last week? Why was that added so quickly? There was one new Slark set that was really well-made added a few weeks ago and it's not yet released. LC already has a ridiculous number of sets for such a new hero whereas Slark has been around for a while and only has one set so far. Wtf is Valve doing?
they intentionally do it just to make you mad

Hylian7

Hylian lost 21 out of his last 27 ranked games. I have passed him in MMR (by 2)!
#forced50 #elohell #freethacker (Peru Invoker 200 ping)

Why the hell do Peruvians (and other foreign, non-english speaking countries) queue on US servers? What benefit does it provide them?

All it does is give them high pings and people that don't speak the same language they do.

Now I'm on a 6 game lost streak either because I had a bad game, or my team was utter shit, or fucking leavers.

Mohasus

ElyrionX

Not being racist here, but why the hell do Peruvians (and other foreign, non-english speaking countries) queue on UIS servers? What benefit does it provide them?

All it does is give them high pings and people that don't speak the same language they do.

Now I'm on a 6 game lost streak either because I had a bad game, or my team was utter shit, or fucking leavers.

On the SEA servers, we get plenty of non-English speakers from Indonesia and Vietnam and Malaysia and the games are still generally quite ok. Once you move to a certain MMR bracket, people will naturally be better whether they speak your language or not.

The whole race thing only comes up because it's an easily identifiable factor to attribute incompetence to. Unfortunately, correlation is not equals to causation. That non-English speaker you're playing with could just be having a bad game. Or it could be his 10-year old kid brother playing on his account. Etc.

Hylian7

On the SEA servers, we get plenty of non-English speakers from Indonesia and Vietnam and Malaysia and the games are still generally quite ok. Once you move to a certain MMR bracket, people will naturally be better whether they speak your language or not.

The whole race thing only comes up because it's an easily identifiable factor to attribute incompetence to. Unfortunately, correlation is not equals to causation. That non-English speaker you're playing with could just be having a bad game. Or it could be his 10-year old kid brother playing on his account. Etc.

I understand that, but I think we can agree that at 200ms ping, you're going to play like utter shit.

ElyrionX

I understand that, but I think we can agree that at 200ms ping, you're going to play like utter shit.

It puts you at a massive disadvantage but it's not a complete dealbreaker. People can and do adapt to high ping.

I played my first gafhouse with a ping of 220 and I did ok in that.

n0b

Then that's something Valve needs to get onto, because this is ridiculous.

I'm below 3700 now because of this shit.

No you aren't. You're below 3700 because you aren't aware of what you're doing wrong and because of that you never improve. Stop blaming people until you are perfect at every hero. 90% of the time I watch you you seem ignorant to lessons that I've learned at an mmr hundreds lower than yours.

I'm an average player. I've had less than half the games as you. You would probably beat me in a 1v1. I've spent most of my time in dota spreading my hero pool as wide as possible. There is no way I should have more game sense and knowledge than you but the fact that you don't see anything wrong with how you play and think you can just write it off as out of your control suggests that I do.

I don't know if you're too angry to focus on improvement, or don't watch enough better players to see the difference, but you need to change something about your attitude.

Hylian7

No you aren't. You're below 3700 because you aren't aware of what you're doing wrong and because of that you never improve. Stop blaming people until you are perfect at every hero. 90% of the time I watch you you seem ignorant to lessons that I've learned at an mmr hundreds lower than yours.

I'm an average player. I've had less than half the games as you. You would probably beat me in a 1v1. I've spent most of my time in dota spreading my hero pool as wide as possible. There is no way I should have more game sense and knowledge than you but the fact that you don't see anything wrong with how you play and think you can just write it off as out of your control suggests that I do.

I don't know if you're too angry to focus on improvement, or don't watch enough better players to see the difference, but you need to change something about your attitude.

I never said "I'm a perfect player that doesn't make mistakes." I do, and I even admitted that a few posts up that that is the reason I lose some games, because I have bad games myself. I wish you wouldn't put words into my mouth.

I do focus on improvement, you just have no idea how incredibly frustrating it is when you get boneheaded teams that make it impossible to win, even if you were Dendi.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/568739963

Take this one for example. Sure, I made mistakes, sure, I missed a hook here and there. But all things considered, I think I did pretty well myself. Now look at the team. Vanguard Doom, Invoker who doesn't know how to Invoke things, the Axe...There was no way I could salvage this one by myself. Don't tell meit doesn't happen.

It puts you at a massive disadvantage but it's not a complete dealbreaker. People can and do adapt to high ping.

I played my first gafhouse with a ping of 220 and I did ok in that.

I've had internet issues before and had to play at 200 ping, and I felt completely useless that way and it felt unplayable to me. Didn't really matter whether I was playing something where precision was absolutely necessary (like Pudge) or something that was easier to land (right clickers, targeted stun supports, etc.). I felt like it was unplayable to me at 200 ping.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Not being racist here, but why the hell do Peruvians (and other foreign, non-english speaking countries) queue on UIS servers?

Like Canada? Also the servers say US East/West but are really the NA servers.

Hylian7

I don't know where exactly the US East/West servers are located in the US, but I totally understand Canadians playing on them. I can also understand Mexicans playing on US servers, makes sense. You're going as far as South America though...I would imagine connections get a bit unstable there.

Same thing goes even more for Russia (although I don't often see Russians anymore). I'm curious why Russians used to play on the US servers mainly, even after they finally made the Russian server.

Dec

Wait what?

What about Canada applies to what you quoted? I get 30-65 ping 99% of the time on USE from Canada, and the primary language is English.

Dec

I got that pharaoh set for Void for like 89 cents. It actually looks good in game I think, minus the shoulder slot. Also don't have to use the head slot if you don't like it, the other pieces are nice.

I think some people in your country would take offence to that.

Seems dumb to find offense in the truth.

spk

I don't even post ITT and I can't count how many times I've clicked a random page and seen Hylian making Hylian Posts. It never stops. Honestly I don't understand how you haven't eased up a bit, if not from the game then at least from making the same posts over and over and over again. It's really tiresome man.

Atlantis

I don't even post ITT and I can't count how many times I've clicked a random page and seen Hylian making Hylian Posts. It never stops. Honestly I don't understand how you haven't eased up a bit, if not from the game then at least from making the same posts over and over and over again. It's really tiresome man.

omg

iw2GxtdZq4Bon.gif

Hylian7

australians have had to play on NA servers in many games for years

and guess what? we were fine. its not that hard to adapt to 200ms ping

I don't know how you do it. I don't find 200 ping to be playable on any game myself. That really sucks for you guys.

KE23F.gif

Top Bottom